PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:08:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Wicked Sims takes a stand
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wicked Sims takes a stand  (Read 28463 times)
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Wicked Sims takes a stand
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 16, 13:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This be so lovely an' delicious I wanna swash someone`s booty! Arr!

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 16, 14:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sites back up and I just read the announcement and policy change.  ARRRR!
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 16, 15:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tsk, you all act as if it's a big surprise. Pirates always win!  :lol:

Disclaimer: Above statement is not supported of any evidence or fact.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 16, 15:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O yay its back up Cheesy

I think its darn good of WickedSims to do this...first S2C, then Mod, and now them. Looks like the free simming community is finally getting together..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 16, 15:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Fucking A, matey! Break out the rum and let's celebrate! Really, this is a good thing for the community. Now people don't have to have the hands of greedy paysite owners in their pockets taking money that could be going to feed chilluns. In yer eye, Thomass!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 16, 15:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i might have missed something what did mts2 and the s2c do to change. Last i knew even mentioning psmbd would get you banned.

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 16, 15:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Good for them! Cheesy

And they even mention Simbella by name, LOL!  :lol:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 16, 15:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "snadradeocconer"
i might have missed something what did mts2 and the s2c do to change

You can mention, link and talk about SVF and PMBD Cheesy Most of the mods have a link in their siggy

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 16, 15:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm problem...   The FFSS members voted to allow listing of sites that link to filesharing sites but not the filesharing sites themselves.  So if Wicked Sims were to have a recolour and say "get the mesh from [pmbd mesh link]" there would be no problem.   Unfortunately unless the members have a sea change (pirate theme pun there) in their views, Wicked Sims will end up off our list Sad

Our lil friend must be stopped.
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 16, 17:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Hmm problem...   The FFSS members voted to allow listing of sites that link to filesharing sites but not the filesharing sites themselves.  So if Wicked Sims were to have a recolour and say "get the mesh from [pmbd mesh link]" there would be no problem.   Unfortunately unless the members have a sea change (pirate theme pun there) in their views, Wicked Sims will end up off our list Sad

I'm glad Wicked Sims has seen the light.  EA has made their stance pretty clear.  We are SUPPOSED to be sharing files freely with each other.

Tell me, how does the approval or lack of approval by FFSS matter?  I've been to the site.  I've seen your silly little paysite-butt-kissing rules and rating system.  FFSS tries to walk somewhere inbetween advocating EA's position and advocating paysite owners supposed "rights".  FFSS tries to please everybody instead of taking a firm stance.  That kind of wishy-washy nonsense is not going to stop paysites and I've been glad also to see it when freesite owners have told your group exactly where you can stick your silly little button.  The last thing this community needs is  more rules to follow and the only thing your group seems to do is create more rules and attempt to enforce them by threat of losing buttons and, (as you said,) removal from your clique's list.

I'd much rather see the old file-share friendly banner that was big during The Sims 1 on a site than one of your buttons.  Those buttons promoted the kind of community I'm hoping we get back.  A credit link is enough recognition ... and good manners.  None of the other crap rules people want us to follow matter.  This is supposed to be a community of friendship and sharing, (this should be obvious just by its nature,) instead of a community of ego and regulations.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 16, 17:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MoonDragon"
and advocating paysite owners supposed "rights".  FFSS tries to please everybody instead of taking a firm stance.  

It has worked so far Inge, but maybe it is time to put your foot down and take a firm stance (as MoonDragon says).

What percentage of the members say that they want filesharing sites to be linked? If its a big enough percentage (say over 1/4) then start a thread asking for reasons why...get a debate going...it could change some members opinions Smiley

I voted for linking to pirate sites...your site name is Federation For Free Sites, and the booty is free...so why not link it?  :wink:

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 16, 18:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so happy I could dance! *accidentally stomps the cat*

And I agree with CaptainJojoba; according to the most recent events, there seems to be no valid (and logical) reasons to be "against" free file sharing.

It seems also that there is one more reason to be against paysite advertising, as per the last official statement: supporting paysites means supporting illegal activities.

Oh what a mess.  :?

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 16, 18:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"

Sounds like it might be time to reevaluate your policies, in light of lots of other sites reevaluating theirs.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 16, 18:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a vote at http://fffss.org/FFSSForum/index.php?topic=1940.0 and it was just under 20% of forum members wanted actual filesharing/pirate sites to be in the list.

The vote at http://fffss.org/FFSSForum/index.php?topic=2019.0 was to stop vetoing sites who simply linked to a filesharing site - and in this case it was just over 80% wanted us to stop holding the link against them.

So it looks like the majority of members made a clear distinction between sites that actually do it, and those that just are happy to send their users to pirate sites.  I am not sure why there was such a difference as in essence it has the same effect, but there you are.

One trouble is that there are a huge number of people here who would have swung the vote the other way, but as they have decided to boycott the site, they were unable to vote.  Go figure.  Sometimes displaying an attitude is more important than changing something you don't like, I guess.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 16, 19:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your active members probably don't reflect enough variety of the community so your poll results are likely skewed.  I doubt I'm the only one who registered there, read through the site and determined I didn't want to come back or support your movement based on your policies.  You have to consider that your poll results primarily represent the thoughts of those who already agreed with the stance FFSS took.

If I had known about the vote, I probably would have cast mine too.  Was there a link here to these polls?  (I missed it if it was mentioned.)  Are these polls still open?  From your wording I take it that the polls are closed now.  In my case at least, it isn't about having an attitude and not being willing to do something about the things I don't like.  I just hadn't heard about it and am not one to frequent sites I don't care for unless I am given reason to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: