PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:50:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Will paysite creators ever be welcome back in the community?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will paysite creators ever be welcome back in the community?  (Read 9951 times)
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
Will paysite creators ever be welcome back in the community?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 12, 22:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read that thread, and i have been on S2C a lot lately, mostly
in the contest-world. I have recently seen alot of paystuff the users have
got, the booty is well known all over the community now, and there
are some creators who are good. If they got free, i would'nt have any problem with them coming back to the community, but i doubt many of them would create anything for free, they're too greedy. so i don't think we've seen too many of them on S2C.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 12, 23:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heck yes, and very happy to have them back if that happened.

The few that would not come back probably are the one's that I would not care to have back because of their lack of being part of the community and only in it for the money.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 13, 00:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
I'm pretty much the same, anyone and everyone. Well, except a few choice assholes who have managed to piss me off *personally* by the way they have treated me or others. Even so, I'd cut them a break and be civil for as long as they behaved.

Same here.
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 13, 01:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd accept everyone... but I would treat them like minions of minions for a while... and then remind them about the past every now and then.

ll big paysites should be reported to IRS (do it.)
If someone does it, let me know so I can masturbate.

(I made the icon... don't steal my asspirate? Sad )
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 13, 15:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would... nothing. I mean, I only really interact in here and I would respond to anyone same as I respond to everyone currently within my limited sphere. I wouldn't react better or worse for their having had a paysite in the past, although I do believe I might respond less to people who have been proved total twats (like Atwa), as in not really reply to their posts. It's the best way for me to stay out of trouble.  :wink:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 16, 21:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, once a pirate always a pirate. So I think it'd be hard for me to be kind and welcoming all of a sudden as far as the ex paysite owners. I am afraid I would keep pointing and laughing, at least for a long while. Ask them stuff like about their starving chillum, and such. I think this phorum has scarred me for life :lol:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 16, 21:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'd be one thing if they decided to go free of their own volition...

It's another thing entirely if they're going free simply because EA laid the smack down on them.  My guess is many if not most of these paysites are going to stay pay as long as they possibly can.  Why not milk it for all it's worth??

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 16, 21:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, can't remember the name of the guy, but there's an FA at TSR who does humongous lots;think he's from Texas. He's done alot of community lot condos, etc. I'd like to see him go free.........

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 16, 21:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Noodles"
It'd be one thing if they decided to go free of their own volition...

It's another thing entirely if they're going free simply because EA laid the smack down on them.  My guess is many if not most of these paysites are going to stay pay as long as they possibly can.  Why not milk it for all it's worth??

I agree. At this point, action or fear of action from EA would be the only reason people like, peggy, tsr, or rose would go free. They wouldn't be doing out of kindness. They haven't so far. It's too little too late now. I wouldn't go out of my way to be nice to them nor would I go out of my way to be mean either. I don't think I'd do anything differently than I am now. Besides, I doubt any of them would come here to chat with us anyways. They haven't so far so it's unlikely that I'll ever have any interactions with them.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 16, 22:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'll have slightly more respect for those who chose to jump ship as opposed to those who EA makes walk the plank. But as long as they don't act like a pricks my opinions will remain completely my own.

There are lots of talented but misguided creators out there and I'd be more than happy to see them rejoin the community, because otherwise I'd miss their stuff. I think once you've admitted to your mistake that's it and I wouldn't keep on about it.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 17, 03:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims community is an odd duck. Most fans are young and not involved with the traditional gaming  community. They never knew paying (or charging)  for CC was not an acceptable practice.
So I welcome them all, and hope they learned something. If they did not learn anything, then to the plank with ye!

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 17, 08:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "amazone"
I have read that thread, and i have been on S2C a lot lately, mostly
in the contest-world. I have recently seen alot of paystuff the users have
got, the booty is well known all over the community now, and there
are some creators who are good. If they got free, i would'nt have any problem with them coming back to the community, but i doubt many of them would create anything for free, they're too greedy. so i don't think we've seen too many of them on S2C.

Yeah thats kinda what I meant...it depends how you define a 'community' but would they actually be a part of it? Yes we would all like them to be free, but being in the community is a different thing. (blah i cant describe it)  :roll:

and Amazone, how come you have 'bucaneer' under your username? You some kind of all-powerful mod?!  :shock:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 17, 10:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I`d be civil an' welcomin', but they would be havin' t' prove they's self t' th' community t' really gain me respect. I really b'lieve in a community 'ere sea dogs an' land lubbers be welcome as long as they dasn't try t' leech off o' others.

I`d tell `em: Keep makin' amazin' booty, ya horn swogglin` scurvy dog!
Ya bilge rat whut deserves the black spot! And some such.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
gmaidekamido
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 17, 10:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lemmiwinks"
The Sims community is an odd duck. Most fans are young and not involved with the traditional gaming  community. They never knew paying (or charging)  for CC was not an acceptable practice.

Funny thing is that can hardly be used as an excuse. I'm young (17, and starting simming at 12/13) and have never had any involvement with traditional gaming communities, yet I've always known paying/charging for CC was wrong, mainly though other communities I was part of before I really got into sims such as fanfiction. Paying/charging for fanfiction never even crossed my mind until I saw paysites for sims. I was disgusted by it since it's essentially the same thing.

Of course I could forgive them if they're under 15 years old and fairly new to the community, or started charging for content before they realised how unacceptable paysites are to most people.
SexySimVixen
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 17, 18:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd download their stuff if it was free but I would not welcome them. I don't like people who try to take advantage of me. There are plenty of places for free hosting and they are just trying to take advantage of  people who don't know about PMBD and  people who are scared to DL from here because they aren't clear on who is in the right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: