PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:09:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Raonsims has something to say...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Raonsims has something to say...  (Read 13104 times)
Sabi
Landlubber

View Profile
Raonsims has something to say...
« on: 2007 June 08, 00:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted on June fourth:

The purpose of this website is to share between various people items that I created.
However it costs considerable amount of money for hosting, domain, website modification, maintenance etc. to sustain the website.
It is impossible to operate the website only with free items.
A few members state that donation of items is not a favorable policy, hence make items available for everyone free of charge.
The type of donation I have in mind is in the best interest of our members.
I am not so certain as to how people who make a donation think however the website involving donation I am thinking of is solely for the purpose of maintenance, nothing more.
The donation items are gifts directed at members who make kind donations.
Thanks to the members, more and more Sims users are able to share free items.
Thank you~

Hmm... so they are saying that the donations items are special gifts to those who donate, but those who don't get the scraps. It's like, 'These items are just TO GOOD for the everyday person who doesn't want to waste their money on sims content, because they want to spend that money on other things, like a box of mac-n-cheese. Donating shouldn't come with a little prize in the bottom of the box. That's bribery. If I want to donate, I will, but I don't want you to give me an 'incentive.' If I donate, I'll do it just because I'm nice. That isn't really considered donation anyways. An exchange of money for anything in return doesn't really fit under the definition of 'donation.' And the last line makes it sound like donators are saviors, or martyrs. Just my two pennies.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 08, 00:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I thought it was posted in April.  It's been up for a while.

07-04-10

10th of April 2007.

How long has Raonsims been around anyway?  I hate that sites that aren't even a month old pop up with pay items, stating that their bandwidth is being eaten up so quickly.  :roll:
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 08, 01:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some months, now. I believe she had pay items to begin with.

In fact, there was a thread on here complaining about the fact that she popped up randomly, with no reputation, and was a paysite (and that this was a growing trend).

In short - the "LOL NEEDZ MONEY FOR HOSTING" excuse falls through once again.
capnjacksparrow
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 08, 01:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having recently been to that site, I wouldn't donate to it even if I wasn't against paysites. Every other link I clicked led to a SQL server error. Sending money to a site that's so broken almost insures you're not going to get your money's worth.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 08, 03:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So she/he/it should Pes be thankful...after all he's saving her bandwidth...

...oh noes!!!111einz
It's of course not about the bandwidth otherwise there would not be such a comment.  :roll: It's all about the money...duh.  :lol:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 08, 07:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

duh? who do you think we are? little babies?

speak grown-up roan, you'll be destroyed! ahahahah!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 08, 09:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
Some months, now. I believe she had pay items to begin with.

Yeah, she randomly uploaded to MTS2 encouraging people to visit her new site - and DUN DUN DAH it was a paysite  :roll:

If she really did need the donations for the site, then she should go free and ask people to just donate if they want to...thats fairer, not illegal, and would probably work!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 08, 09:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with Raonsims is that (with like so many paysites) the objects are very high poly, but yet s/he neglects to mention it anywhere.

One of the chandeliers regularly crashed my game until I figured out what caused it.  :evil:
I got it from booty, but I'd be really pissed off if I had actually paid for it.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Raonsims has something to say...
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 09, 07:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Raon"
I am not so certain as to how people who make a donation think however the website involving donation I am thinking of is solely for the purpose of maintenance, nothing more.

What the fuck does that sentence even mean?  I've tried reading it aloud, I've tried inserting punctuation (ooooh, that sounds dirty!), I've even tried removing words and I still don't understand a damned word of it!  Maybe some of the money she's taking from poor, mislead idiots should be used for writing lessons instead of web site maintenance?  Because, Jimney Christmas, woman!  I cannot understand a bloody word!

Heinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 09, 07:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fionaskye"

What the fuck does that sentence even mean?  I've tried reading it aloud, I've tried inserting punctuation (ooooh, that sounds dirty!), I've even tried removing words and I still don't understand a damned word of it!  Maybe some of the money she's taking from poor, mislead idiots should be used for writing lessons instead of web site maintenance?  Because, Jimney Christmas, woman!  I cannot understand a bloody word!

I'll take a stab:

"I'm not sure what donators think about paysites, all I'm saying is the money will go to website maintenance"

PS: website maintenance includes feeding Raon and her chilluns, because without Raon and her Cuuutttee chilluns, there is no website.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 09, 16:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fionaskye"

What the fuck does that sentence even mean?

I'll take a stab too:

"Here's a lame excuse, now give me your money!"

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
PirateBrad
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 10, 05:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,for starter,I never liked raon's works,the free hair aren't worth Dling,and even if they got great looking mesh,the colors and textures is a major turn off
nostalgicpaty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 10, 05:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was thinking *this might be a little off topic* but cant they just invest on getting google ads?
so in that way you dont have to make no one pay for your things but your still getting money. sure google gets a fraction of the money you earn but if you are getting visited by many people daily you get alot of money regardless. just a thought.
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 10, 10:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I see. Look, now they give her all their monies and she gets her Spain vacation!  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

ll big paysites should be reported to IRS (do it.)
If someone does it, let me know so I can masturbate.

(I made the icon... don't steal my asspirate? Sad )
nostalgicpaty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 11, 00:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well im just saying that as a suggestion so that we dont have to pay at all for there things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: