PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:56:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  It happened...Beosboxboy from Insim questioning my masks...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It happened...Beosboxboy from Insim questioning my masks...  (Read 10337 times)
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
It happened...Beosboxboy from Insim questioning my masks...
« on: 2007 June 04, 20:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I pm'd Kathy and explained the situation to her about sharing. Which she said was ok until "someone complained,lol" .Beosboxboy asked me if I had permission to use TSRs ChazDesigns, Ollewoor, and Jirka celeb sims as source for my masks. I replied to him that those 3 explicity state not to upload their sims anywhere, which I haven't. Think about it.....I uploaded masks converted from their sims faces, and not their sims, right? None of those 3 said anything about converting and uploading, and pfft, I know I could go thru and find 10 downloads there at Insim from anyone that has CC from a paysite, and point out the same thing. I further said that if Kathy or Eric there at Insim said to remove the masks, I would, so, we shall see. Didn't I see something here recently about Beosboxboy being for paysites or something like that?

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 04, 21:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my opinion they're not really your masks, since you 'maskified' other people's work.
So the stuff might get deleted. And yes, Beosboxboy has no problems with paysites. However, I think this is not just a paysite content issue, since you're using parts of other people's skintones.

Inactive
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 04, 21:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but my main goal in this work was for people like myself and my wife, who don't want a shitload of MB in skins, but still want celebs in their games, that's all. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess........The conversion process was my part of the work, and I said that at insim, but oh well............If anybody bitches and sez take it down, no prob, but I've been invited to upload them at SFV, just as soon as I can figure out how to over there, cause it ain't like Insim, post topic, attach files, and PRESTO! LOl..........lordy me..........

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 04, 21:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand, and if I where the creator I would have allowed it, but then again, I don't lock my stuff up on a paysite. Sad

Inactive
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 04, 21:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, if you don't want to worry about people questioning your masks like Beosboxboy is then you should upload them to SFV.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 04, 21:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell him to shove his opinion up his flapping mangina. Pop it up on rapidshare or something and share the link with friends. Smiley

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 04, 21:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think we should turn this into a let's bash Beos fest. He has a right to his opinion on the issue of being pro paysite, against them. The same as we do and this had nothing to do with being pro paysite or not. He was just asking if you had permission to make those into masks. He wasn't being nasty or hateful. We would do the same to protect free site creators and their content.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 04, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thread is already gone.

Quote from: "Capucine"
flapping mangina

Ha ha - funny.  :lol:  :lol:

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
I don't think we should turn this into a let's bash Beos fest.

I think you've registered at the wrong forum if you think this shouldn't turn into some sort of bashfest.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 04, 21:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
I don't think we should turn this into a let's bash Beos fest. He has a right to his opinion on the issue of being pro paysite, against them. The same as we do and this had nothing to do with being pro paysite or not. He was just asking if you had permission to make those into masks. He wasn't being nasty or hateful. We would do the same to protect free site creators and their content.

I didn't say he was being nasty or bashing him, LIKE SOMEONE said I was and told Kathy......hmmm.......I wonder who lied on me.......I go by the book.......the only rule those 3 creators had was not to upload their sims, SIMS AS IN WHOLE SIMS, which I did not do, correct?Ok, well, the masks have been moved away from people at Insim, and I sure as hell ain't going there ever again. Fuck the drama, I'm to old for that shit. As soon as someone can help me in uploading the masks to SFV, please do so, lol. I got lost over there........I don't blame Kathy or no one, just take the rulings from creators by their exact wording/meaning.

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 04, 22:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]I didn't say he was being nasty or bashing him, LIKE SOMEONE said I was and told Kathy......hmmm.......I wonder who lied on me.......I go by the book.......the only rule those 3 creators had was not to upload their sims, SIMS AS IN WHOLE SIMS, which I did not do, correct?Ok, well, the masks have been moved away from people at Insim, and I sure as hell ain't going there ever again. Fuck the drama, I'm to old for that shit. As soon as someone can help me in uploading the masks to SFV, please do so, lol. I got lost over there........I don't blame Kathy or no one, just take the rulings from creators by their exact wording/meaning.[/quote]

I don't know anything about that, I just was going by what you said. I didn't even see the post on Insim till after you posted then went to see what had happened. But I think that's what Kathy was trying to prevent was "Drama" over it.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 04, 22:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beosboxboy does have stuff over on TSR - I'm not sure how old it is, and he's not listed as a FA [ I believe he's a SA? ].

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 04, 22:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, fine, point is, someone here twisted what I said, and told Kathy I was bashing him, which I never did. All I did was relay what he said, and what I replied, and asked a question here about him. Kathy pm'd me and said "one of her staff" read what I put here and I was bashing him, and more or less, IF I read it right, that was embarrasing or something,and I should have pm'd people here about it. I dunno. Like I said, I took the one SAME ruling by all 3 creators at the face value: I didn't post sims. And I bet I could go find at least 10 downloads right now at Insim that has CC that the original creators said the same thing, yet, since I came out in the open........I left my toys there that were ok with all, but what's good for the goose, is good for the gander, that's all I ask. I'm not mad at anyone at Insim, just maybe they should read creator rulings a lil more thorough next time. I'll be glad when the paysites are all whacked out......I've made many a cool lots with things from here, transformed many a skins and sims, and would love to share, but hey........can't win them all, huh?

dewshine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 04, 22:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which celebrity faces did you do?  I'm willing to offer you a place to upload them (with credit to the original skin makers) if you would like to.  Here's my site addy: http://www.dewshine.efsims2.com/

If you would like to offer them there I'll upload them to my misc genetic page  under your name.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 04, 22:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can compile a list, just not the kind like Mask #12A & 12B is So and So,ok? I can get names, but now, matching them up, oy, vey, we're talking 127 masks now,lol. Thanks for the help, dew. I'll get on the ball over at your site,ok?

dewshine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 04, 23:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be lovely.  you can email me or PM me when you are ready.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: