PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 08:09:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Big Name Fans in the Sims 2 world?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Big Name Fans in the Sims 2 world?  (Read 28795 times)
Ginseng
Landlubber

View Profile
Big Name Fans in the Sims 2 world?
« on: 2007 May 29, 20:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone mentioned this in another thread and I thought it would be interesting (and quite possibly amusing) to see who people considered to be 'Big Name Fans' in the community.

Possible most obvious example would be Enayla and Peggy...but apart from creators, anyone else spring to mind & why?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 29, 20:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure what your asking for here.  Big names around the community?  The phrase Big name fans, throws me off.  Other than creators?  Like who?  Delphy?  Thomass?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 29, 21:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ren, Rose, Louis,...maybe I'm biased but...Nouk?

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
Ginseng
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 29, 21:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just that in most fandoms there are some names that lots of people recognise - some have gone to great lengths to get their name out there,   :shock:

It's not a serious question, no right or wrong answer, just speculating - in this community, who have you 'heard of' and recognise their name when you see it?

Most of these are creators such as Nouk (<3) but there are others who are more infamous like Thomas at TSR. And people like KSK and Sshodan for their creations but mostly their drama lol. Maybe people like Linuslover30 or Belle_Ange in the old days who made sims in a style that was recognisable...
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 29, 21:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Nouk had a fan club, I would join!  Cheesy  Seriously, she is one of the only hair meshers out there that allows her meshes to be uploaded with sims.  She is truly a member of the community, in every way.  Smiley
And, before you ask, I am not Nouk under a different nick!  :lol:
I just want to have her chilluns!  :wink:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
pennynne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 29, 21:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bruno from MTS2. He makes awesome stuff and I think he's kind of "famous" in the Sims community.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 29, 22:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this community, the creators easily trump the users and there are so many different sites that it's difficult to pinpoint who overall is well known..

I see the hierarchy in fame and infamy as this..  (subject to change with thought and input by others)

Big website owners - Pescado, Delphy, Thomas, Kathy/Eric
Free high quality creators - Nouk, Enayla, RenSim, Louis, Helaene, Bruno, Rgiles
Those who fix our game to make it playable! - Twojeffs, crammyboy, jfade, simswardrobe, Gunmod, Numenor, Squinge, Monique, ChristianLov, Quaxi, Inge, Wes_h
Higher Profile (not necessarily quality) Pay Creators - Peggy, Rose, Simchic, Exnem
Creators so bad (in attitude/behavior and/or creations) that they get attention - Simslice, Pandora Sims, Carla Niven, Glamsims, Buntah, Atwa, OpenLegsJack, Chaz, WillStefan, Hchangeri, Sshodan
Big Website Mods who (typically) also create - Fanseelamb, HystericalParoxysm, Tig, DiscordKitty, BBB, Daysies, JulianaRose, Whiterider
Drama whore we love to hate - Lyric
Drama whores who packed up their crap and left - SeraSims, Elau
Average users that try to help other users troubleshoot their games - Lorelei, Witch, Surelyfunke, SaraMK, Hecubus
Average quality creators that are free and pay
Poor quality creators that are free
The typical downloader

ETA:  Added more names courtesy of Lorelei

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 29, 22:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! I hate BNF's. As a former fandom member, I've grown to loathe such people.

And yeah I agree on the hierarchy. ...I never have anything constructive to say, do I? ^^

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 29, 22:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! I hate BNF's. As a former fandom member, I've grown to loathe such people.

And yeah I agree on the hierarchy. ...I never have anything constructive to say, do I? ^^

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 29, 23:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone who typically doesn't hang out at forums, these are the people I've always known without even bothering to: Numenor, Pescado, Ren, Louis, Quaxi, RGiles, Helaene, Squinge, Nouk, Delphy, HystericalParoxism, CrammyBoy, Peggy. Seriously...I think that's about all! None of the people at TSR, not Carla Niven, not Exnem, not even LyricLee, not before I came here and learned all about all of them (and thus joined the simple joys of plotting to destroy their sites :mrgreen:  )

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 29, 23:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude...what? Smiley

I just started playing in January. Don't know how much help I am! I can research questions for people and/or share my woes and solution for said woes, and that's 'bout all.

(Pleasantly) startled to see my name on the list. I'd say Hecubus, SaraMK, or Surelyfunke belong there more than I, though.

Blue would have def. been on the list if she hadn't scarpered off to 2nd Life.

Pes! for hack-type hackity hackin' mods that keep me from stomping on my game CDs in frustration

Not familiar with Tig; would add ste @ MATY, Numenor (!) and Mary Lou, Squinqe, and Monique to modders (even if NotAwesome[tm]), ditto ChristianLuv (if hadn't taken toys and gone home) and, def., Inge / Carrigan

Katy & FeeEssen at pc-sims: Katy for clever mods, not so much meshing abilities; Fee for the fug, bless her heart

Almost everyone has Quaxi's censor remover, Atavera's old objects, Gunmod's lighting sys., and, er, who did the cam mods? Still Gunmod?

cyclonesue, nengi65, cashcraft, starrling for lots and objects, probably

Helene, RenSim for genetics, makeup

HP and Daysies for tuts

HoneyB still maintains B List, right? Familiar with her more than Bine's Review

Warlokk for adult meshies and n00dz

Sshodan is like Lyric, known mostly for antics and weirdness
Aikea G probably best known storyteller
OHJ and Delphy (sorry, Delphy): plagued by personal data made public
Carla, Buntah, Atwa: worst crap ever, OMFG, make it stop, baby Jebus, he cries over your crap, and, may I add, AUGH, mine eyes, they burneth!
HChangeri and Lyric both have crap reps, unf. for them, mainly based on whackadoo behavior
BeosBB is a strange duck; also known for bodybuilder mesh work with Marvine

That's off the top of my head; BNFs earlier than Jan, I wouldn't know unless they were holdovers from Sims 1

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 29, 23:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"
Dude...what? Smiley

(Pleasantly) startled to see my name on the list. I'd say Hecubus, SaraMK, or Surelyfunke belong there more than I, though.

Sorry, but I am confused.  :?  Where are you listed?

pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 29, 23:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
Dude...what? Smiley

Sorry, but I am confused.  :?  Where are you listed?

Average users that try to help other users troubleshoot their games - Lorelei, Witch

Doesn't your browser have a search function? :lol:
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 29, 23:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue would have def. been on the list if she hadn't scarpered off to 2nd Life.

Yeah, I agree with all those.. my mind had a "brain fart" and I was trying to do other stuff at the same time as writing that.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 29, 23:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I haven't been around the community for as long as some, but the names I know would be:
Nouk
HP
Pescado
Hecubus
Blue Soup (even though she isn't here anymore)
Delphy
Thomas
Rose
Peggy
Kathy
FlyingPigeon
Ghanima
LovesRed -- RedLove(Nii, who everyone knows and loves)
Fanseelamb
LinusLover30 (Keely)
I hate to admit it but Bella (the evil witch of Simbella's Hangout
An_na
Enayla
Louis
LyricLee (I wasn't even around for her antics, but she's infamous)
That all I can really think of off the top of my head that are known in multiple simming communities.

Sarah (^..^)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: