PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:36:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Apology and some questions still
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apology and some questions still  (Read 23094 times)
Lizard
Landlubber

View Profile
Apology and some questions still
« on: 2006 November 15, 01:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok , I guess I own some people an apology . I am not happy with the things I said earlier in this forum .
I don't like the style of all this but even then it is not ok to say what I said .

So , I am sorry for the things I said .

Evenso , I have to say few things from my heart .
First this message :
Firstly, we hate paysites. Are you a paysite owner? Well, we hate you, too.
We do it because it will piss you off. Yes, we are assholes. Tough.
Besides, you're only charging for bandwidth, right?
Isn't it so nice of us to contribute our $50/yr to alleviate your bandwidth load?
No? It pisses you off? Great! And now you know why we do this.

Ok you can debate about stuff and put it out in the open that you don't agree at all with paysites , also if it is needed to make money with simsstuff eventhough EA says you cannot .
Then you can give people who make money with this a chance to speak out for themselfs , why are they doing this and is there a way to change this so both parties can feel good about it ?
But if you put this out all agressive and negative , in the way you did and I did with you , you end a discussion and solution before it even began .

Then , I read in your forum that you wanted your hands on contestprizes .
What has that got to do with making money ?
Contests are just for fun , there is no money made with it , not for the forums , not for the mods , for no one  and those prizes are just  to make all a little exciting . People from forums put lot of private time in these contests , to think them out , to organize all and to collect prizes or make them themselfes .
And most of times they use them more then one time , if you "get your hands " on those prizes they will be worthless and the mods of that forum has to start a whole lot of work over again .
What is wrong with contests where there is no money involved Huh
I once did a contest cause I wanted a prize very much and I had lot fun making my house , taking pictures , seeing how my oponents were doing . Ok , I did not win but it was fun anyhow . why ruin that , I don't see the point of that .

Last thing . I read stuff here in this forum , that is only meant to hurt people , to ridicule people , gossip , namecalling and so on .
I think that is pretty disgusting and I see really no need for that .
We are not talking about pedofiles or so and even then .... I think as moderator of your forum you have responsibillity to check what people write and when names are involved , to ask them to delete that name .
- Destroy Carla Niven -  or such , I think that is really all wrong to leave that in your forum.
Why do you wanna have such negative things , I don't see the point of that at all .

It has nothing to do with the topic paysites , this is just plain gossip .

Well I hope you accept my apology and hope you will answer my questions .

Nikos / Lizard / Vulture
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 15, 01:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the forum we come to to be mean.  We're mean people (at least some of the time), but at other forums we always have to pretend to be nice.  So at PSMBD, we let it all hang free.  And anyone who thinks we should never be mean can go suck an egg.

And it's not like the people being talked about can't come here, read it, and say anything.  The Pimp My Sims guy did and we didn't boo him out.

coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 15, 01:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're humans. We like gossip. We like to criticize, to rant. We don't live in a pink and happy world where everyone gets along and runs in the fields happily. It might be really wrong, but since I don't know any of these people personally, I don't think it's going to hurt them. It's not like I'm their personal friend and I'm being a complete hypocrite. Thus, I do not feel bad. Then again, if people are starting to threat each other to kill them or anything, unless it is sarcasm, then yeah, it is going too far. But I don't think anyone here is going to go that low.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 15, 01:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gossip is fun. And if you don't like the way people act here, just don't come here. You're not the playground supervisor.

Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 15, 01:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it feels so good to just be able to say "Dammit this creator's CC is shit!"  You can't do that anywhere else.

Lizard
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 15, 01:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well we don't live in Disneyland , that I can understand .
And I have my moments too .
But evenso , I think it is responsibillity of moderators to see that it don't get out of hand .

There is a difference to question someone or to trash someone .

And why do those people have to come here , why not say it in their face then so in their forum or site ?
ScurvyLass
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 15, 01:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally enjoy being mean and petty.  It's a great stress reliever, it's entertaining and as someone else posted, it allows us to say things we can't normally say on other boards.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 15, 01:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moderators, I'm sure, do see that it doesn't get out of hand.  I don't see it getting out of hand anywhere.

Like we've said, we're not here to question people.  We're here to just say "YOU SUCK!"  We're not nice.  Get used to it or leave.

And we say it here instead of on their sites because getting in their face about it is rude.  Even moreso than anything we've said here, I think.  If they want in, they know where we're at.

As an administrator of a message board with thousands of members, I've found threads at other message boards about how much I suck, LJ entries about me with dozens of responses... I'm not about to cry over it.  People just need to bitch sometimes.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 15, 01:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moderators?  Hell, in case you haven't noticed, we don't really NEED moderators to watch our behaviour.  Some, if not most (disregarding the fan people who just love free shit), of the people here are sane and know how to handle themselves in a serious situation, or when things aren't appropriate, like when HotNWet lashed out at Avic and Jesse told her that it wasn't proper.

Our ethics or whatever you want to call them may differ, but that doesn't mean we're all jackasses that just like to be cruel and stupid.

ETA: Not to say that being cruel and stupid isn't fun, but for the most part I think most of us are capable of some compassion and whatever other "nice" things you think should be displayed more often.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 15, 01:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a thread that was deleted because certain information should not have been made public. So yes, there is a little moderation... but very little. There is no rule upon joining. So it's really about "Enjoy you stay, do whatever you want".

People that are found here won't be saying nice things about others. That's S2C and any paysites' forums for example. The moment you speak against someone else, you get banned. Didn't we see it with LyricLee on S2C?
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 15, 01:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lizard"

There is a difference to question someone or to trash someone .

And why do those people have to come here , why not say it in their face then so in their forum or site ?

Well I don't see why I shouldn't criticise something that I don't like, at the end of the day it's only game content and if the creator is so sensitive about it that they can't bear to see people say it's rubbish then they should get out more/get a thicker skin/stop putting it up for people to see. I don't like criticism either, but I accept that I will receive it and don't expect people to censor their views of me/my stuff to spare my feelings.

As for saying so in other forums, seriously, how many forums except here and MATY would not delete very critical posts, or in many, just posts that they don't like much?
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 15, 01:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's enough moderation to take care of those kinds of things, and other stuff like announcements and general IMPORTANT BUSINESS things, but the moderators (moderator?  Bluesoup is the only one, isn't she?  Then JM is the admin?  Pfft, whatever) aren't here to censor us or tell us what our opinions can be.  (Barring things that are definitely illegal such as sharing personal information and so on.)

And I really don't know about the contest thing.  Never saw the discussion on that, but I hardly pay attention to contests anyway, which seems to be main place to be if you want to fit in more at S2C.  :roll:
Lizard
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 15, 01:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is very easy to trash someone , very easy indeed .
I don't mind words like , suck , fuck , goddammit , eat me and stuff like that .
That is not what I am talking about .

But what I do mind is the trashing of people .
Do you realize how hurtfull it can be , even though , you don't know the people and they don't know you , the power of words can be very strong .

Look at kids in playgrounds and how they pick on someone and how that can affect a child .

Don't think for one minute that an adult can rise above that .
An adult can just hide his/her feelings better but evenso , it will hurt him/her .
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 15, 01:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like to make serious things personal. What I take seriously are the debate of paysite vs anti-paysite sentiment. Anyone who comes here on either side of the fence to engage in debate on the subject will be met by me with civility and an attempt to explain my position.

However... yes we gossip. Sometimes people behave in such a reprehensible manner elsewhere that we discuss it here. Or sometimes things are just so rediculous we poke fun. If that person comes here and wants to discuss it, that's fine, I'm not going to pretend I am holier than them or deserve to condemn them for their actions. But they are certainly not above a poking. Everyone gets poked from time to time.

In the case of Carla Niven, for example, she was told as gently as possible that her creations weren't high enough quality to merit a $15 a month sub to her site. She responded that her creations were brilliant and that people were just jealous. Then someone discovered that some of her "brilliant" creations were stolen from Boutique Emile (stolen in this case meaning taken and reposted under her name instead of the rightful creator). So yes, we feel a little justified poking her.

And Jack, well... Jack is unappologetically taking people's money and sitting on his butt every day. He claims various excuses, but the bottom line is that he refuses to find work and uses his parents and the sims to support his habits, which include using proceeds from his website to buy sexual items. He has also admitted to prostituting himself, which is a bit... err... poke worthy. If you don't believe it, you can read it all in his own words on his blog.

So I guess the bottom line is that we will behave with civility to anyone who comes here with a simmilar intent. But we won't pretend to be all "happy fluffy bunny nice", because frankly, not everyone deserves the consideration. You've already seen what happens to trolls.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 15, 01:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is very easy to trash someone , very easy indeed .
I don't mind words like , suck , fuck , goddammit , eat me and stuff like that .
That is not what I am talking about .

We know.  That's not what we're talking about either.

But what I do mind is the trashing of people .

Which is what we're talking about.  People get trashed here.  If you don't like it, leave.  You're not going to change the face ot PSMBD.

Do you realize how hurtfull it can be , even though , you don't know the people and they don't know you , the power of words can be very strong .

Like I said, I've found threads and LJ entries trashing me, and it wasn't hurtful.  It was people bitching.  If someone is hurt by us bitching, they're the one with the problem.

Look at kids in playgrounds and how they pick on someone and how that can affect a child .

We aren't  children.

Don't think for one minute that an adult can rise above that .
An adult can just hide his/her feelings better but evenso , it will hurt him/her .

An adult can rise above that.  Like I said twice now, I've been there.  Part of being an adult is accepting that not everyone likes you.  And if you're putting yourself out there for thousands to see, there will be a larger amount of people that don't like you.  And if you're apart of a community they will congregate and talk about you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: