PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:46:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Idiot of the year anyone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Idiot of the year anyone?  (Read 21036 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Idiot of the year anyone?
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 29, 22:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...the mentally challenged kid that gets picked on because he is “just like Forrest Gump”.

"Stupid is as stupid does. "

They always want to play the victim. The Woe is Me syndrome.  I doubt anyone ever thought about him before, but I'm pretty sure alot of people hate him now because he's an idiot. A 44 year old man whining like that....I'm embarrassed FOR him. No offense, but I actually thought it was a teenage girl.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 29, 23:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"

...the mentally challenged kid that gets picked on because he is “just like Forrest Gump”.

"Stupid is as stupid does. "

They always want to play the victim. The Woe is Me syndrome.  I doubt anyone ever thought about him before, but I'm pretty sure alot of people hate him now because he's an idiot. A 44 year old man whining like that....I'm embarrassed FOR him. No offense, but I actually thought it was a teenage girl.

I assumed it was young girl (maybe early 20's and very immature). To find out it's a 44 year old man! Just wow.

Sarah (^..^)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Idiot of the year anyone?
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 29, 23:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading through the posts he has made he does sound like a teenage girl.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 29, 23:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi - actually, if he really wanted to whine, he could have compared himself to a Rom during Nazi German - they still don't get anything for it.

As for the girl examples, he'd only be so lucky.

I don't hate, its not worth my time, effort or energy, but if I did, I'd say that yeah, I'd hate him - what a....well, I'm not even sure he qualifies as someone like Forrest.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 29, 23:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
A 44 year old man whining like that....I'm embarrassed FOR him. No offense, but I actually thought it was a teenage girl.

So did I. Jeezum crow; shut up, you whiny old man.

BBB is always inventing these scenarios that will never happen and then writing a novella fussing about EA and, as an afterthought, about the imaginary OHNOEZ! event he's narked off about.

EA isn't going to prohibit free content, as if they could. If they tried, all we'd do is react by not buying any EP that made it impossible to use CC, then wait for the modding comm to strip the crap code out and redistribute it.

I don't have a lot of free time to game, and, frankly, I enjoy the "shopping" for freebies more than playing sometimes, which is why my DL folder was pushing 13G at one point. I actually enjoy the OCDness of running CleanInstaller, SimCat and HackConflictDetect, and organizing folders. I'd probably enjoy binning hair if I had the time to sit down and locate a good tut and just learn to do it.

I also enjoy building (or popping someone else's lots into) a hood, and making Sim people.

I am not so interested in playing the actual game or meeting goals, though I do flirt with the idea of doing a challenge when I have some free time one day.

I don't breed or kill off my Sims, but that's mostly lack of time to play.

I populate houses and install annoyance-killing hacks, then let the Sims pretty much do as they like, and intervene only if they look like they are about to kill themselves stupidly and I need them for screenshots later.

On rare occasions I do play, my houses are full of CC, my Sims are full of CC and default-killing replacements, and I decorate, screenshot, and on occasion set them on collision courses with other Sims. The fun for me is seeing how the game engine will interpret the personality settings I've chosen, ditto turn-ons/offs, ditto skills they've earned, ditto relationships they choose to form.

My style of play isn't for everyone. I do typically run through each EP's scenario at least once, though I typically ignore EAxian default families altogether. With Uni, they go to Uni, I make YASims. With NL, they get a car and go DTown, buy crap. I made one vamp and let him vamp three other hood denizens, including Cassandra Goth. With OFB, they open a business. With OMFGPETZ!!!eleventy1!, they get a cat or two (have tried all pets but dogs so far, that's next...is there a pug in the game?), with Seasons, they gardened their little brains out and fished, and I remembered why I hate the occult characters in the game. Stupid Plant Sims.

Point is, without CC, I have no reason to play the game, because I dislike EAxian defaults. The game engine itself is fun, I like making interactive environments and populating them, but the set goals and default hood denizens are boring.

EA won't ban CC. That's such a retarded non-issue.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 30, 00:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well poop! It seems they have deleted the thread @ Insim. I was so wanting to read the juicy details too LOL

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 30, 01:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A 44 year old male? I feel dirty... and not in the good way.  :?

When we have men, my father's age acting like teen girls in their whiny "nobody loves me" tantrum capacity, then it's time to take a step back and realise how seriously fucked up this community is.

Yes, yes, I know, some of you have been saying it for years but... new low!

And I didn't get offended in the least about those comparisons. It was way too stupid to offend me. It had nothing to do with anything and was just a ploy for drama-whorish attention - in an ugly, fat, old-guy sort of way.

Disclaimer: I do not have anything against ugly people, fat people, people past the age of forty or men, but combine all of those things into one being and add drama-whore to the mix and I think it would be a favour to the world if that being ceased to exist.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Baroness
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 30, 01:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I feel like...

...the African-American ghetto kid bussed to the white suburban school.
...the overweight, uncoordinated kid that gets picked last EVERY time in gym class.
...the shy girl, wearing the oversized threadbare sweater you pass in the halls without a single glance, let alone a kind word.
...the girl all the “popular” girls spread rumors about how promiscuous she is because they can.
...a Jew in Nazi occupied Europe.

...The fat kid, denied the second helping of mashed potatoes.
...The bride, who gets a bad perm the day before her wedding.
...The man, who sits in gum at the movie theatre.
...The grandmother, who's senior discount isn't honored because it's after 5 pm.
...Jesus, on the cross.

don't care what some paysite owners say, lobsters deserve affordable web hosting too.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 30, 01:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, uh, don't know how old my dad is.  <.<  I think he turned 40 last year.  Or he's still 36, depending on what number system you use.

I really want to say it's odd and I've never encountered it in my life, but my father's older sister has this drama streak going on too, and the family on my father's side in general has this whole teeny drama vibe going on.

And I don't see any reason whatsoever for people to be comparing their situation to the Nazis.  That's just... ugh.  Paysite drama is nowhere near being as horrific as what occurred during the Holocaust.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 30, 01:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha. Jesus on the cross. I love that one. Someone should pm him and advise him to add that to any future lists of comparisons.
Gosh I hate reading long posts. It was so not necessary to type that much and say so little.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 30, 02:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm old, and this guy is marginally older than me.  But, you know, there are plenty of whiny drama queens at my age too.  :roll:

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
evilragdoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 30, 05:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yack yack yack, talk to the hand, dramawhore. :roll:
I think this rant totally deserves to go here: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/hate, where more people can point and laugh to that.
I can't decide if it's better or worse that the drama queen in question is actually a 44 yo male.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 May 30, 05:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilragdoll"

I can't decide if it's better or worse that the drama queen in question is actually a 44 yo male.

It's better because it's worse. If my dad posted something like that I think I would ask to be put up for adoption.

~Paden
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 May 30, 05:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ , with a MONTHLY subscription rate of $39.95US goes unnoticed in this thread at the time that I am posting this?

Rofl, maybe she explore it more before throwing around stupid accusations like that, maybe..actually READING or clicking links available?

If Pescado ever charged that would make him a Hypocrit, this girl has some serious issues.

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 May 30, 05:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pirate Gem"
Rofl, maybe she explore it more before throwing around stupid accusations like that, maybe..actually READING or clicking links available?

If Pescado ever charged that would make him a Hypocrit, this girl has some serious issues.

No.  HE and 44.  There, revel in that horror!

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: