PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 09:42:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?  (Voting closed: 2007 May 27, 20:45:29)
I'd open a paysite, become FA, ban the Booty, and start feeding my chilluns. It's legal after all! - 6 (3.6%)
I'd stop supporting PMND in public, but I would still grab the Booty. - 9 (5.5%)
Screw it, I'd chuck my Sim2 games out of the window, and stop supporting EA's contradicting butts forgood. - 12 (7.3%)
I'd have had too much rum to notice! ARRRR on to the Booty! - 26 (15.8%)
I will stop supporting PMND all together, not downloading no more booty. I'd be prepared to do it publically too, because PMND would be illegal for sure. - 2 (1.2%)
I'd rat all you out to the nearest paysite I can find, sleeping well at night, knowing I've done the right thing. - 0 (0%)
Do what you want cuz a pirate is free... I am a pirate! I'd keep supporting PMND openly, no matter what! - 101 (61.2%)
I'd do something different, namely: .................. - 9 (5.5%)
Total Voters: 135

Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?  (Read 9770 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?
« on: 2007 May 27, 20:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We all know they'll probably never bother to do an official statemnt, for many reasons. But what would you do if they did anyway, in favour of paysites?

The last option for me: I'd close my site and let the community decide if they will put up with all their shit being pay. If more free sites follow, hopefully large ones like MTS2, Insimenator and such, it will make a huge impact.
Hopefully EA's customers decide that everything being pay aint that fun, a very large group of customers boycotting this might push EA to the other side, at least for Sims 3. Sims franchise is only succesfull because of it's customers, after all. Please your customers, get more money. Piss off your customers, get bent.

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 27, 21:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do what you want cuz a pirate is free... I am a pirate! I'd keep supporting PMND openly, no matter what!

Even if EA gave paysites green light, I doubt they would help to protect the copyright to the creators' products and I really, really doubt many siteowners actually would drag their issues to court, no matter what they shout now... So as long as no one can touch me for supporting PMDB, sure (I'm poor. I couldn't even afford to ask a lawyer to say "Hi! How are you!" to me...)

I would also make sure to get all my EA products from very unofficial distributers from that day...  :evil:

callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 27, 21:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do what you want cuz a pirate is free... I am a pirate! I'd keep supporting PMND openly, no matter what!

Yep, I chose that too. Not gonna change my principles just because EA says so. *bites thumb at them!*

I would also make sure to get all my EA products from very unofficial distributers from that day...  :evil:

Hoyeah. I'd d/l all my games from that day on.

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 27, 21:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I signed an EULA that made it clear to me, and no matter what, I'm sticking to that, and would continue to download booty - after all, it's still in Malaysia.

I think it's a good idea to close the free sites, and stop supporting EA if they are going to favour pay creators.  So many people say that the custom content is what keeps them going - and buying eps - so if EA comes out on the paysite side, they should suffer free site closure.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 27, 22:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same as the above posters. I'd play the game, keep supporting PMBD as openly as possible, and make sure that EA never got another nickle out of me. They're pissing me off with their stuff packs already, I mean... geez. Paying money, for a set of (often boring) clothes, and some items? Torrents ftw, I say.
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 27, 22:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Screw you guys I'd open a Paysite and and fund my brand new Mercedes. I'd also have the best rates in the community.. 99.99 for the first hour of downloading and 119.95 every hour there after.
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 27, 22:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kathy"
Screw you guys I'd open a Paysite and and fund my brand new Mercedes. I'd also have the best rates in the community.. 99.99 for the first hour of downloading and 119.95 every hour there after.

Can I come ride in your Mercedes, even though I'm just a smelly pirate? Sad

...that sounded WAY dirtier than I intended.
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 27, 22:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pixelated"

Can I come ride in your Mercedes, even though I'm just a smelly pirate? Sad

...that sounded WAY dirtier than I intended.
rofl... You can be my driver.
Hekima
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 27, 22:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll open a paysite that sells really ugly stuff for insane prices!

...after sending the content here. Tongue

emember: The phrase "free gift" is redundant.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 27, 22:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me 2. Seriously. Just not a mercedes. Aston Martin.  :wink:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 27, 22:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o0o Let's join forces, double our prices and buy two.
missnaughty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 27, 23:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I would still come here for the booty, possibly help to contribute if I could and I WOULD NOT BUY THE GAME AGAIN.  I will download The Sims 2 at warez sites cause if I really wanted to I could have done it already, but I wanted to be a good girl  :lol:

I would blow up EA Games headquarters.  I have had all the training I need with Red Alert!!!  :lol:
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 27, 23:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they supported paysites they'd just be further proving themselves to be morons anyway (I'm still mad at them for putting spyware in Battlefield 2142), so screw 'em either way!

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 27, 23:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I probably became a terrorist. Against EA. Nah, that's to go to far, but
i am not calling myself an amazon for nothing. Old female warriours.

I would boycott EA, download illegal games from internett.
Do what you want cuz a pirate is free... I am a pirate! I'd keep supporting PMND openly, no matter what.

Cool

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 28, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if EA do decide to make it legal to claim their stuff as our own, then sure I'd make a paysite....

the sims 2 £49.99
all expansions £39.99 each
stuff packs £29.99 each
homecrafter £40.00
Bodyshop £20.00
plus subscriptions for exchange objects.

sure its a little more expensive than in the shops, but I'd have my freewebs site charges to think of.   Tongue

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: