PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:05:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?  (Voting closed: 2007 May 27, 20:45:29)
I'd open a paysite, become FA, ban the Booty, and start feeding my chilluns. It's legal after all! - 6 (3.6%)
I'd stop supporting PMND in public, but I would still grab the Booty. - 9 (5.5%)
Screw it, I'd chuck my Sim2 games out of the window, and stop supporting EA's contradicting butts forgood. - 12 (7.3%)
I'd have had too much rum to notice! ARRRR on to the Booty! - 26 (15.8%)
I will stop supporting PMND all together, not downloading no more booty. I'd be prepared to do it publically too, because PMND would be illegal for sure. - 2 (1.2%)
I'd rat all you out to the nearest paysite I can find, sleeping well at night, knowing I've done the right thing. - 0 (0%)
Do what you want cuz a pirate is free... I am a pirate! I'd keep supporting PMND openly, no matter what! - 101 (61.2%)
I'd do something different, namely: .................. - 9 (5.5%)
Total Voters: 135

Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?  (Read 9773 times)
Smonaff
Landlubber

View Profile
What would you do if EA oficially supports paysites?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 28, 01:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing to do is start a newsgroup (alt.binaries.EA.mustbedestroyed) and post isos of all the games. Speaking of that there should also be a newsgroup  for all the paysites booty (alt.binaries.pmbd). :twisted:
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 28, 01:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted for the first option as a joke.

Seriously though, piracy ftw.
count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 28, 03:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd do something different, namely;

...I would roll my eyes and figure EA Games was basically taking the easy way out and completely avoiding the issue of having to sue some dumb shmuck selling downloads out of her den, who could give a few interviews and make herself look like the poor wittle helpless underdog being crushed in the jaws of the big evil EA tiger, when she uz on'y tryin' ta feed hur poor chilluns...*sniff*  

Then I'd basically ignore it and keep downloading the booty.

Corporations set great store by public opinion and public opinion is not informed by truth. It's informed by Geraldo Rivera.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 28, 04:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd still go here openly. A principle is a principle, even if EAxis don't have any themselves.

Not sure I would boycutt buying their games in lieu of torrenting, though. We're talking about breaking a 7 year old habit (obsession?) that even lasted through stuff packs like On Holiday, Makin' Magic and Pets... Ideally I would, but I'd probably cave just to have them sooner.  :oops:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 28, 08:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said I would do something different.  I'm spending more time playing (yes, playing) Second Life than The Sims these days.  The avatars can be made to look different from each other so you can tell them apart, unlike the sims, and the sea reflects light.  And the houses can have ceilings.  It's all I ever wanted, really.   Was it too much to ask from The Sims 2?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 28, 09:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd do something different....

I would go and kill EA...and then kill something else...and then drink some rum back over here. Yarr!!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 28, 13:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

then we will go banging and banging those donation sets..
and ill spead serials and codes and fucking links from those paysites and here..!

hm..

LOSER!  :twisted:
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 28, 15:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next to last option for me. I am a pirate to the bone. Once a pirate always a pirate.
Quote from: "pixelated"
Torrents ftw, I say.
Indeed! 1s0 ftw! Arrr! B00ty all teh way!  :lol:

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
stim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 28, 16:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

El oh el at the prospect of EA determining the actions of thousands of twelve year olds. Cause, you know, we all should do what large corporations tell us to, cause they're all large and shit.

OMG, Mom, we have to buy all this shit on the intarnets because EA told me too!

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/exnem]Exnem[/url]  Peggy Sims 2  The Sims Resource
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 28, 17:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would not support PMBD because it would be illegal, in that case; I would neither support paysites anyway, though, because of my personal ethic/moral - which is indipendent by legal issues.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 28, 20:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arrrrr!! Ok, that having been said...I've been a pirate long before discovering the Sims and this site, I see no reason to stop being one just because EA makes the wrong decision. I am a pirate inside, dammit.

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 28, 20:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd download via warez sites or torrents, cause those bastards wouldn't get another penny of my money. I gots a hungry child, so screw them! I use the money that could go to buy the expansion packs to feed my son, so I think I've got my priorities straight. Too bad the paysite owners can't figure it out... Oh, you say they have? Where do they get the money to feed their hungry chilluns? Our pockets? Waitaminnit! Can't they work a real job instead of charging us for the results of their hobbies, which in most cases is shit... I've got an idea! Why doesn't EA hire them and then they can pay taxes and stuff on the garbage they're putting on the net and keeping every dime, sixpence, euro or whatever??? If EA supports the shit spawned by their game, when they say in their own legal stuff that it's not on to profit from THEIR game, then they have cranial/rectal syndrome worse than I ever thought...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
PsychoticMess
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 28, 23:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rip off the best free CC creators in the community and sell their content on my paysite for 50$ apiece, ignoring the AA and all the hate e-mails I'd get. After all, my imaginary chilluns need feeding! Tongue

...And the illegally downloaded booty would cost three times as much. 8U7 71X3 1 707377Y M403 1T MY537F!!!11!one 5T0P S4Y1N6 1 570730 17 U M34N13 P1R4735.. (And if you don't understand most of that, you're normal, lol)

t's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's PMBD, the pirate bugspray of Justice!
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 29, 00:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would feed my chilluns. By 'feed' i mean 'intoxicate' and by 'chilluns' i mean 'bitches'.

Once a pirate, always a pirate. Also, why pay for what can be get for free? NO 'FEEDING' 3rd paties' 'CHILLUNS'  :evil:

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 29, 22:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd still play the games I've already bought and just make more of my own CC.  (I've been really lazy about making stuff this time around.  I only bother with it when I need something specific that I can't find to download.)  I would also drop out of the community entirely, boycott all future EA games, (new EPs included,)  and actively attempt to deter everyone I personally know from purchasing anything by EA.

I've dumped tons of money into this game if you count the computer I bought just to play it.  Sure I use it for other things, but I would have made do with the clunker for awhile longer if not for this game.  I don't know if it is hypocritical to still play the EA games I already own while boycotting them but I enjoy this game too much to simply chuck my disks out the nearest window ... and the penny-pincher in me would be horrified by the waste.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: