PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:02:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The real cost...results might suprise you
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The real cost...results might suprise you  (Read 27251 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
The real cost...results might suprise you
« on: 2007 May 23, 21:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over at SFV, someone suggested that Reflex Sims might be the costliest paysite right now. So I did some calculations, based on a survey I've done of paysites.

Subs are THE way to get the most for your money. The average set costs about ten cents American each under a subscription system, if you downloaded them all in one month. (Your mileage may vary, of course...)

TSR, for all we hate them, does give us the best bang for our buck...with over 70,000 pay items available, you can get them downloaded for under a penny a piece. Of course, you have to pay them a minimum of $8.95 US, but the value is staggering.

For those sites charging for individual items, the rate goes up exponentially. Our winner? Vita Sims. Expect to pay $401.20 US for all 85 sets.

Other big winners:
Adult Sims - $156.80 for 32 sets
Sims2Studio - $132.16 for 28 sets
Reflex Sims - $122.72 for 26 sets

Sim Squirts was much higher, but since she's closing, she's reduced prices.

So while it seems outrageous for sites like Open House Jack to charge $20 for a lifetime membership, you're getting his current offering of about 150 sets for under 13 cents each.

Isn't greed fun?

Aren't you glad someone asked?

Aren't you glad I shared?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 23, 22:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally am glad you shared - even though I didn't use the thank you thread (cause I figure that's for tidiness - busy people don't read it).  And years from now, I will think of all the kind pirates who paid where I cannot - just as I think of sims 1 creators fondly.

These paysite owners suck.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
foxyloxy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 23, 22:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad - I was thinking of this the other day and wishing I had dollar amounts in front of me so I could know what the owners of paysites are getting.

Over $400 for everything at Vita Sims. That's just fucking ridiculous. *shakes head* I've always thought that charging per set was friggin highway robbery, now there's proof that it is.
missnaughty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 23, 22:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the fucking games and and stuff are less than $400.  (£201)

Base Game £29.95
University   £19.95
Nightlife      £19.95
OFB            £19.95
Pets            £19.95
Seasons      £19.95

Family Fun   £9.99
Holidays      £7.99
Glamour      £9.99
Celebrations £9.99

Around £170 for all the game thats $337 Its sick!!!!
BlueButterfly
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 23, 22:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About Simsquirts (since it was mentioned here), on the front page.

"Before closing, I am offering the last chance to download all of the files from SimSquirts Donation Store for only $35.  This is a savings of ~$126."

Ok, now, why the need to charge for sets if your just going to close the site anyway? Just some more proof that the money isn't needed for bandwidth
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 23, 23:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive never paid 9.95 for a stuff pack ive paid 19.95, where are you getting yours from lol. dont forget about rose donation hairs either hecubus. she charges like 2.50 per hair, and i know she has a bunch! that is highway robbery too. not to take paysites side, lol, the so generously offer a "savings" when you want to "donate" for a bunch of the donate items. i know that vita and rose offer this. hmmm, wonder how much im saving? good point on the sim squirts site. i get a fucking guilt trip when i get booty from that site lol, she just had like a 1 pound baby, STILL no excuse! (yea i know, a baby and paysites have nothin to do with each other, but that kid was lucky to have survived and what can i say, i have a very big place in my heart for kids)

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 24, 00:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lily, she's quoting UK prices...note the handy pound sign.

:shock:

To get all of Rose's files, you'd have to pay about $100. If you do the ten for $11.50 thing.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 24, 02:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lmao sorry hecubus, i didnt even see the pound signs. being in america i of course think that all numbers with a symbol means dollars, i was just wanting know where she was getting such a great deal and where i needed to shop!  :lol:

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 24, 02:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oo, that is reasonably interesting.  Makes me all the more thankful for the booty.  Thank you for sharing.

TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 24, 03:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, these sites charge more than Maxis/EA for Maxis' codes & animations ...! What.the.fuck.
   But how about Dincer Sims? At least $3 for every freaking OBJECT sounds like greed at its max!

THANK YOU PMBD!

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
FreetobeJulie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 24, 04:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lilyroseisapirate"
good point on the sim squirts site. i get a fucking guilt trip when i get booty from that site lol, she just had like a 1 pound baby, STILL no excuse! (yea i know, a baby and paysites have nothin to do with each other, but that kid was lucky to have survived and what can i say, i have a very big place in my heart for kids)

You had me LOL.  :lol: That's what I was thinking.  I was mesmerized by her slideshow of her one-pound baby and I almost donated.  WTF?  Is she usin' her chilluns to make money?  :roll:   She's pretty clever if she's trying to guilt us into opening our wallets for one last time.  But I've never "donated" to her site and I won't start now.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 24, 04:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "FreetobeJulie"
good point on the sim squirts site. i get a fucking guilt trip when i get booty from that site lol, she just had like a 1 pound baby, STILL no excuse! (yea i know, a baby and paysites have nothin to do with each other, but that kid was lucky to have survived and what can i say, i have a very big place in my heart for kids)

You had me LOL.  :lol: That's what I was thinking.  I was mesmerized by her slideshow of her "one-pound baby" and I almost donated.  WTF?  Is she usin' her chilluns to make money?  :roll:   She's pretty clever if she's trying to guilt us into opening our wallets for one last time.  But I've never "donated" to a sims site like that and I won't start now.

I gotta say that's just sick! The last thing anyone with a seriously ill child should be doing is sitting in front of a computer, making sims stuff. And to use that child to try to get money from people. That's just repulsive. To be cynical, how do we know that it's even true? Remember Donna's "tragic death"?
FreetobeJulie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 24, 05:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's "Donna's tragic death"?  Was it one of those people who makes up a fake sick child to gain sympathy?  Like in the "Night Listener"?  That was a good, but creepy movie and it's based on a true story...wait a minute, was the woman in that named Donna?  Is that who you're talking about?
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 24, 06:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "FreetobeJulie"

You had me LOL.  :lol: That's what I was thinking.  I was mesmerized by her slideshow of her one-pound baby and I almost donated.  WTF?  Is she usin' her chilluns to make money?  :roll:   She's pretty clever if she's trying to guilt us into opening our wallets for one last time.  But I've never "donated" to her site and I won't start now.

she keeps talking about how he has "such a sweet face" or whatever... actually.. that thing creeps me out... seriously, I'm going to have nightmares.. babies in my family always run huge, like 10lbs or more, so that thing gives me the willies. Hooray for being alive, yadda yadda, but please, dont' shove the pics in my face, kthanxbai
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 24, 06:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone remember back in early 2004 there was that 'fundraiser' for some womans "sick teenager in hospital"?

Raised a couple of grand if I recall....

....and odd thing, the medical bills were paid through the provincial health plan (free), and of course there was no accountability...people who raised questions about where the $$$ was actually going to were labelled "haters" and "troublemakers"      :?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: