PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:34:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  How pathetic am I?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How pathetic am I?  (Read 5595 times)
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
How pathetic am I?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 27, 20:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fionaskye"
Quote from: "Ensign EO"
I don't think she was ever denying the existence of artists who do create for a living.

Nope, I wasn't.  My mommy-in-law is one.

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
And despite the fact that most comparisons regarding this and tangible things (bake sales, paints, et cetera) don't really work, people still draw their arguments from them.

Hmmm...  Maybe it's just me, and I'm being really dense (which is known  to happen on occasion), but I fail to see how the comparison doesn't work.  I paint and draw for a hobby, you (the theoretical you, not you you) sculpt stuff as a hobby, Joe Schmoe makes Sims2 stuff as a hobby.  What right do any of us have to charge money for something that someone could learn how to do for themselves?  Especially when that hobby is basically stealing someone else's hard work for their own greedy-ass monetary gain?  At what point does a hobby cease being a hobby?  When you make money from it - at that point, don't you think it becomes a profession?  At what point does this profession become thievery?  Well, when you're charging ridiculous prices for A: stolen code and B: something people could learn to do for themselves.

(Did that make any sense?  I've been out in the 95F sun for the past 3 1/2 hours.  My brain may be fried...)

Nope, it didn't make sense, too much sun  Cheesy None of us shouldn't really work at all. There's money enough  for us all, to be lazy is healthy. Do you like your mommy-in-law by the way?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Re: How pathetic am I?
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 28, 16:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, a lot of the pay things I wanted so badly before turned out to be crap
´
I agree with that sentiment. So much of what I used to dream about downloading, I neved did download, because, well suddenly I could download it, and it wasn't worth the time it took to download even! (and I have a real fast connection). I was like, wtf - how could I think that was a good idea the first time I saw it!? And I didn't even have to download the stuff to find that out.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 28, 17:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Navigator"
suddenly I could download it, and it wasn't worth the time it took to download even!

Maybe it's a case of "Oooooh, I want that because I can't have it.  But wait, I can get it, but it's not attractive to me anymore because I can have it easily."  Wouldn't it be really yay-worthy if everyone discovered the Booty and plundered it and saw just how craptastic the "gotta pay for it because it's sooo cool" CC really is?  Then everyone could tell the silly paysite owners to get stuffed because we're on to you and your ploy - the free stuff is better, not only because it's free but because it's just better!  HUZZAH!

*get all excited and passes around some rum*

Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 28, 18:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Navigator"
suddenly I could download it, and it wasn't worth the time it took to download even!

Maybe it's a case of "Oooooh, I want that because I can't have it.  But wait, I can get it, but it's not attractive to me anymore because I can have it easily."  Wouldn't it be really yay-worthy if everyone discovered the Booty and plundered it and saw just how craptastic the "gotta pay for it because it's sooo cool" CC really is?  Then everyone could tell the silly paysite owners to get stuffed because we're on to you and your ploy - the free stuff is better, not only because it's free but because it's just better!  HUZZAH!
*agrees excitingly*

Yay!  Cheesy

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 28, 20:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It really surprised me just how crappy most of this stuff is. The stuff that is good, can be found for free. That may be the biggest thing this site does.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: