PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:27:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.  (Read 165423 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.
« Reply #540 on: 2007 June 10, 17:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "cheekylilgirl"

Australian's are easy going people and all, but tend to like to poke fun at most and don't take anything seriously, not even ourselves.

Lol my Australian friend permanently pokes fun at my 'Englishness' - had a go at me for my nations stubborness to keep the pound coin and not have Euros, and also that we have no farms......apparently we dont, according to him - so I went outside and took a picture of a farm for him....... He said the sheep in the pic were cardboard ¬.¬

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2007 June 10, 17:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweden is the country where any italian male dreams to go: blond beautiful girls who make sex for free with anything capable to breath.
And, of course, there are NO black/brown haired guys in Sweden, nor with dark eyecolor, so Swedish girls go mad at italian guys as soon as they spot them.

Note: if you're italian but blond and/or with blue eyes, no sex for you! Go away!
(note addeed for PC sake, because everybody knows that blond italians do not exist, they all have black hair and eyes, olive skin, possibly mustaches and sideburns, eat spaghetti and pizza only, play mandulin and sing "O sole mio" all day long.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: 2007 June 10, 17:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Silvercoin"
Quote from: "calalily"
Whisper - you've gotta be joking. An American hears that and it's in their face with a loud "Stupid fucking seppo - fuck off". Australians like the swearing, and do lots of it.
Now THAT would be a hilarious thing to see when you walk down the street.

That happens at universities.

Only problem would be having to dodge all the darn kangaroos.  What do you squeeze to make it honk? Don't you people have cars? ... What? You mean you DON'T ride kangaroos to school? Well, what do you ride, then? Crocodiles?

:lol: Squeeze anything on a roo and you're likely to get a kick in the guts.  My husband has fears of big red roos ripping his nuts off (which they have been known to do).  But I do call people mate - even my kids.

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
He said the sheep in the pic were cardboard
 :lol:

As for the Swedes stereotypes - nudist, sauna users.

I often wonder that people who have such a world reputation for liberal values descended ,at least in part, from Vikings and other Norse medieval groups.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2007 June 10, 17:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"

How I see the citizens from different parts of the world:*

Finnish: Are all very depressed. Drink vodka and stab each other (in that order).

:lol: Haha! Spot on! (I'm a Finn, BTW.) But you forgot that we don't speak. At all. Ever. Wink

I think it should be:
Finnish: Are all very depressed. Drink vodka in silence and stab each other (in that order).

I have another one:
Russians: Are all very depressed. Drink vodka, sing melancholy songs and stab each other (in that order).

And since you asked:
Swedes: Believe themselves to be better than other Scandinavian countries. Are the butt of Norweigian and Finnish jokes (Can't vouch for Danes and Icelanders but I suspect the same.) Tall and blonde. Drink a lot. Irritating when drunk.

Oh, and I have nothing against Russians, Swedes, US citizens, Germans, Australians or French (or any other nationality mentioned)  as individuals, I just love bashing other nations. Cheesy

Edit:
Quote from: "Calalily"

As for the Swedes stereotypes - nudist, sauna users.

Excuse me! Its the Finns that go to sauna! Not the Swedes!

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: 2007 June 10, 17:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"

And since you asked:
Swedes: Believe themselves to be better than other Scandinavian countries. Are the butt of Norweigian and Finnish jokes (Can't vouch for Danes and Icelanders but I suspect the same.) Tall and blonde. Drink a lot. Irritating when drunk.
Eh, how embarrassing it yet may seem, I actually think there's a hint of accuracy in all that.  :oops:  My countrymen sometimes make me want to jump from a cliff when I watch their antics as tourists abroad...

Yes, we do - WE invented it! You have your Nokia, isn't that enough? :evil:

Quote from: "Marhis"
Sweden is the country where any italian male dreams to go: blond beautiful girls who make sex for free with anything capable to breath.
And, of course, there are NO black/brown haired guys in Sweden, nor with dark eyecolor, so Swedish girls go mad at italian guys as soon as they spot them.

:lol: Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: 2007 June 10, 18:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel more likely at this point to poke Cala for being a Queenslander. *Melburnian, who doesn't call anyone mate, points and laughs at person with silly accent who is an alcoholic and can't spell beer*

My husband used to work for a Swedish company he says they run business meetings in a very strange and apparently unproductive manner without saying anything meaningful but they manage to sort everything out and 30,000 lines of flawless code appear overnight, or so the story goes. They also couldn't understand why it was not a good idea to name a wheat variety Labia, even when told the meaning and intending it for the international market.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2007 June 10, 18:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is why Americans should say they are Canadians while traveling.  @_@

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2007 June 10, 18:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drink a lot. Irritating when drunk.

Don't feel bad. The same could be said about Finns. And Danes. And Norwegians. I've never met any Icelanders, but I suspect they drink a lot and are irritating too. Smiley

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
Yes, we do - WE invented it! You have your Nokia, isn't that enough? :evil:

No you didn't! Sauna is a Finnish word! Smiley

From Wikipedia: (I know Wikipedia is not reliable, but it is the only source I can come up with right now.)
Etymology
The word sauna is an ancient Finnish word referring to the traditional Finnish bath as well as to the bathhouse itself.

And there are more saunas in Finland than in Sweden.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: 2007 June 10, 18:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
They also couldn't understand why it was not a good idea to name a wheat variety Labia, even when told the meaning and intending it for the international market.
OK, I know that we Swedes are supposed to have a pretty relaxed attitude towards sex, sexuality and the human body, but that's pushing it a bit too far...
(I didn't know what "Labia" was either, actually, but Googled it. I got nice pics!)

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"

My husband used to work for a Swedish company he says they run business meetings in a very strange and apparently unproductive manner without saying anything meaningful but they manage to sort everything out and 30,000 lines of flawless code appear overnight, or so the story goes.
Knowing nothing about international or Swedish business culture, I still think I know what your hubbie is driving at...

Quote from: "Alia"
No you didn't! Sauna is a Finnish word!
 :lol: I know, I was merely joking! But we have our own word for it, with an ancient origin. I think the whole concept is a Russian/Finn/Swedish thing. Apparently, in the pre-Lutheran days practically everyone in what then was Sweden had a sauna until the church banned them because of the sinful habit of men and women enjoying their bath together, so they weren't very common (except in the North) until our eastern neighbours re-introduced them  :wink:

Quote from: "Alia"
And there are more saunas in Finland than in Sweden.
No doubt! I haven't been to a sauna for years, unfortunately.

gmaidekamido
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2007 June 10, 18:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try UrbanDictionary and search for your country. Read the keywords, they're actually pretty funny. Australians mainly get koala, kangaroo, stingray, beer and mate...

England got: uk britain english scotland london wales british football america united kingdom ireland soccer chav manchester europe great britain france northern ireland tea australia city usa country scottish world cup gay liverpool cricket music yorkshire american anglo-saxon irish ms queen sport brits culture empire welsh accent car chavs fag gb germany great limey oxford red

Quite a few really... Now to look up what a 'limey' is.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 2007 June 10, 19:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where's all the hate for Asians?  I feel so partially left out.  On my dad's side it's most Germanic/general European roots (and that's all covered here), but as far as I know, my mom is full Filipina.  (They met when my dad was stationed in the Philippines, obviously.)

Y'know, they eat stuff like balut and "chocolate meat".  And rice.  Every meal.  Every day.  Can't go wrong with rice.  (When we were stationed in Japan for three years, I fell in love with onigiri--it was the rice, I'm sure.)

After my parents divorced, my dad was the only one who could cook (because I was 12 or something).  I got really sick of adobo because it was all he knew how to make.  (Part of the reason why I started cooking, since I'm a picky eater.)

The only thing I miss about my mom is the food.  I miss suman and lumpia.  Sad  At least I can get mangos almost anywhere.  Jasmine rice was a little hard to find in North Dakota.

I don't miss the hundred year long Filipino parties though, which invariably involved the adults sitting around smoking and playing Mah Jongg, talking in their strange mixture of Tagalog and English.  (I was always paranoid that they were bad-mouthing me because sometimes my name would come up, but I never learnt any Tagalog beyond a few words and phrases.)
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: 2007 June 10, 19:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
And this is why Americans should say they are Canadians while traveling.  @_@

I could only pass for a Canadian if I never spoke a word. LOL :lol:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2007 June 10, 19:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol Italy got:
italian italians france guido soccer italia rome world cup pizza dago football mafia azzurri guinea wop hairy latin materazzi pasta zidane europe french germany italian food italiano sicilian zizou'd gay hairy bastard headbutt malta marco racism russia sicily spain wogbox 2006 america australia blacks butt cannavaro chest cunt cup da vinci fascism food godfather

Guido who?? And WTF is wogbox and wop?

ETA: Funny, the most correct description of Italy I've found there is this:
Peninsular in southern Europe, not really a country more a group of city states that still hate each other, but prefer football to wars now.

and it's not by an italian, too.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: 2007 June 10, 20:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a little conuzzled about "Sweden" being tagged with keywords like "penis" and "testicles" (along with "incest", "pirate bay" and "lmao") but there was an explanation:

Sweden

A penis, derived from the map on the tails side of the 2006 euro, which has Norway removed, leaving Sweden to look like a penis and Finland the testicles.

:lol:

mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2007 June 10, 20:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I learned from working in a tourist shop when I was younger is that there are stupid people from everywhere. For example, "Are these prices in American dollars? Are you sure?" or "Do you have embroidered shirts? No? Are you sure?".
I admit that the first one is specific to Americans, but for the most part the stupidity was spread all around. For some reason as well, everyone seemed to think that I was lying to them. Is that a Canadian stereotype that I'm not aware of? :lol:  I know of the boring, sweet natured, provincial and living somewhere in the frozen tundra stereotypes, but I'm sure there are others. At least being from Vancouver people attribute most of those to us being high all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: