PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 07:41:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Emails from EA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Emails from EA  (Read 4896 times)
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
Emails from EA
« on: 2007 June 16, 23:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was browsing over at Insim and found the text of an email exchange with EA that I hadn't seen here.  (It's in the paysite thread, if anyone wants to see it).

I think it would be useful to post all of the emails prominently somewhere in which EA asserts that profit can't be made from its tools.  There must be people like me who were on the fence about paysites before seeing EA's own judgment on the matter.  Maybe on the front page to this site, or at least in a sticky?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
mickey
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Emails from EA
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 17, 02:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you happen to have a direct link to the posts with these? I think it would be best for you to post those. Smiley

Visit [ inlimite.com ] for awsome downloads & graphics & more. ;]
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
Emails from EA
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 17, 06:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to http://www.noukiesims2.net/ and scroll down on the main page. There are links to correspondence with an EA Players Relations representative.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Emails from EA
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 18, 20:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little headline on the front page of PMBD with linkage would be cool. Just saying.

Oh, and if ya'll have Sims2 pages on the official site and are slightly active there, I'd suggest putting something in your blog. I've gotten some responses there. One from a Maxoid. Nothing quote-worthy, just saying thanks for posting the back-up.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Emails from EA
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 18, 21:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"
Go to http://www.noukiesims2.net/ and scroll down on the main page. There are links to correspondence with an EA Players Relations representative.

WhathappenedsomeonehackedmysiteIdidntputitthereiswear!!! Wink

Inactive
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Emails from EA
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 19, 07:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Nouk. It's all Pescado's fault.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
greydj
Landlubber

View Profile
Emails from EA
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 22, 07:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pooooooor nouk.....

wow this so called community is falling fast....

well just so you know, when sims 3 comes out im running for my life...to a fresh new comminity

*prays Lyricee doesnt play sims3*
Helena
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Emails from EA
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 22, 08:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's mine .

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Emails from EA
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 22, 16:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI, I have a diatribe in my blog on the official site. I get a good amount of traffic and comments about my Alphabet Legacy stories as is, and lots of questions about the truckloads of custom content I use, so I posted about how paysites are bad, against EA's EULA, and linked to nouk's pictures of her emails. Not modded out.

I also just posted something in a "what's your fave fan site" thread in the BBS yesterday because all of them were listing paysites. I linked to PMBD and explained that paysites were against EA's EULA and encouraged them to not support them and to educate themselves. Mentioned that GM Spada had recently confirmed said illegality and the legality of redistributing paysite files in a free manner. Again, not modded. Also not commented on by any Maxoids. So either they are letting it slide but keeping mum, or they didn't see it.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: