PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:45:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Pimp My Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pimp My Sims  (Read 45109 times)
avic
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #75 on: 2006 November 14, 22:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went and looked around the front page and didn't see a donate button, nor did I see a link that said Donate in the navigation.  Sooo, offhand, I'd have to say no.
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #76 on: 2006 November 14, 22:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@sherry: i didn't complain about the costs, Pimp my Sims.com generates each month. I did choose to run a site like mine (as i pointed out above) and i have to deal with the consequences.

But if you start a huge party which is know for its fun factor, offer free beer as much as everyone likes and if you then don't charge anything, a little "hey, cool, thanks you did this" by at least some of the guests would be nice, hm? But with the feedback ratio at our site, you had to start a party for 2,500 people to have at least 1 person say thank you.

Ok, maybe that comparison is not that perfect, as you get feedback watching people have fun. But i don't. I never see people enjoy my creations or the ones of my co-workers. I mostly (95%) get support mails of people asking for meshes, general "can you repair my pc and wash my car" mails and those flame mails, i talked about before. So feedback is definetely something i am looking for. That's the only thing I charge. Something personal from users, who enjoy using our stuff. I don't request novels, but a short sentence like "hey, i really like your stuff" or something like this really makes my day!  :oops:

edit: No, i don't have a donation button. I had, but only some really nice people donated and, well, i needed the space in the top navigation for "more important" links. So i dropped it.

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #77 on: 2006 November 14, 22:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I'm pretty sure there used to be a Paypal button on a separate page...it seems to be gone now.

Edit: Confirmed by Solander.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #78 on: 2006 November 14, 22:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Solander"
@sherry: i didn't complain about the costs, Pimp my Sims.com generates each month. I did choose to run a site like mine (as i pointed out above) and i have to deal with the consequences.

But if you start a huge party which is know for its fun factor, offer free beer as much as everyone likes and if you then don't charge anything, a little "hey, cool, thanks you did this" by at least some of the guests would be nice, hm? But with the feedback ratio at our site, you had to start a party for 2,500 people to have at least 1 person say thank you.

Ok, maybe that comparison is not that perfect, as you get feedback watching people have fun. But i don't. I never see people enjoy my creations or the ones of my co-workers. I mostly (95%) get support mails of people asking for meshes, general "can you repair my pc and wash my car" mails and those flame mails, i talked about before. So feedback is definetely something i am looking for. That's the only thing I charge. Something personal from users, who enjoy using our stuff. I don't request novels, but a short sentence like "hey, i really like your stuff" or something like this really makes my day!  :oops:

edit: No, i don't have a donation button. I had, but only some really nice people donated and, well, i needed the space in the top navigation for "more important" links. So i dropped it.

Well I have to agree, I think it is sad that people are not more grateful when creators do sacrifce so much for their enjoyment.  I don't drink, but I hear beer is costly so I understand that point Wink

My point was more in saying, not that creators should have to buden themselves with all the costs of creation, but there is clearly a line that many cross in making paysites, and if they are using the excuse of expansions, computers, monthy internet fees is downright silly to me.  

It's a pity that not as many people thank you or donate to your site, I have seen your work and it is certaily top notch.  I wonder why it's so hard to get voluntary donations?  Maybe because it's hard *donate* for even a good number of the pay content out there.  I think if less sites, were forcing less donations on simmers, more would certainly throw a buck your way.  That's my opinion though.

Also, I didn't know you could ask creators to wash your car.  I have some laundry that needs to be folded if you have time Wink

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #79 on: 2006 November 14, 22:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
Also, I didn't know you could ask creators to wash your car.  I have some laundry that needs to be folded if you have time Wink

oh, just write a mail. try be to as un-precise as possible, include some "help, help, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeee", use a terrible background with pink flowers for the mail and i will be over at your place in just a few seconds  :wink:

coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #80 on: 2006 November 14, 22:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, just write a mail. try be to as un-precise as possible, include some "help, help, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeee", use a terrible background with pink flowers for the mail and i will be over at your place in just a few seconds  :wink:

Don't say that. I have a feeling Sherry really is going to do that just to lure you at her house. :lol:
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #81 on: 2006 November 14, 22:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think you are cute though. And you resemble Ben Stiller.
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #82 on: 2006 November 14, 22:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A site owner at this forum having an intelligent, well-explained conversation...I have to say this is very nice and refreshing to see and read! Cheers to all! what if all site owners had these talks and all pay-site owners as well...would that be actual conversation? Would it actually be a way for all to co-exsist? Too bad so many have screamed and threatened instead of talking...

I have long respected Solander as a designer...that respect is now raised to respect for being willing to talk and listen and for being intelligent and fun!

Interesting how all this has brought repect to those who so deserve it and disrespect to those who have it coming. Very nice...some people should learn from this!

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #83 on: 2006 November 14, 22:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBooty"
He's gay, ladies.

That has never stopped me from trying rofl
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #84 on: 2006 November 14, 22:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "The Tempest"
A site owner at this forum having an intelligent, well-explained conversation...I have to say this is very nice and refreshing to see and read! Cheers to all! what if all site owners had these talks and all pay-site owners as well...would that be actual conversation? Would it actually be a way for all to co-exsist? Too bad so many have screamed and threatened instead of talking...

Well, there's still some creators here -- but you don't have to pay to get some items from their websites.
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #85 on: 2006 November 14, 22:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so he is for shareing or not?

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
whatever
« Reply #86 on: 2006 November 14, 22:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh...sorry I just wanted to edit and and it posted itself again.
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #87 on: 2006 November 14, 22:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know many free-site owners who come here and support this cause...excellent designers they are...just still bashful about letting anyone know who they are...too many people out there resorting to illegal methods of shutting people up. I think tons of free sites are celebrating lately...very fun thing, this is.

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #88 on: 2006 November 14, 23:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "snadradeocconer"

I already answered this with this statement (page 5)

Well, maybe i should post a short summary of my posting at my blog to make my position clear:

I don't agree with people sharing donation stuff for free. In my eyes, the creator of the stuff has at least the copyright on the mesh or texture (if he did it himself), so you are free to share the package, if you remove the mesh first  

But i do understand people getting angry, if everyone starts offering donation stuff and leaves only poor quality items for free. Especially, if even the quality of donation items drops.

Thats it.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #89 on: 2006 November 14, 23:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "coliss"

Don't say that. I have a feeling Sherry really is going to do that just to lure you at her house. :lol:

I was going to only say just let me kick my boyfriend out of the house, but I don't want that to be taken the wrong way.  Wink

Quote from: "snadradeocconer"

I think he was pretty clear that he doesn't codone it.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: