PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:16:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Nouk's emo hair stolen?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nouk's emo hair stolen?  (Read 45146 times)
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #180 on: 2007 May 23, 00:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Quote from: "shotgun_mary"
Ok. . . 12 pages of swearing, accusations about people and things i could care less, but seriously, whats the resolution on the emo hair? Raping? Pillaging? Somebody's former friend slathered in honey and left to the bears? I"m in suspense here.

Skimmed it but I think it was a misunderstanding... she/he was sharing it and not claiming it as her/his work.

It seems to be an exceptionally easy 'isunderstanding' to have made, considering that it was actually posted in an area where creators normally post their own creations. The entirety of the message (sans image) said:
Here is a never before distributed Emo Hair. It comes in 5 colors.

Granted, they never claimed it was their own work, but they never stated that it wasn't, either, and considering that the majority (if not all) of the other posters in that area post their own work in that specific forum, it was understandable to think that the user in question was claiming to have made it.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #181 on: 2007 May 23, 00:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, it was shared with an exceptionally bad pic showing the black 'do in the dark... A crime in itself!  :lol:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #182 on: 2007 May 23, 01:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God, some of you guys are such babies.
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #183 on: 2007 May 23, 01:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, all the cancer-stick smoke is giving me a headache. Someone pass me some rum.

I do have to say, this was some interesting 13 or so pages. Last time I checked this thread a day or two ago I could have sworn there were only 4 pages. Meh, I'm glad all this has been straightened out.

Come visit Sammytopia
Shotgun Mary
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #184 on: 2007 May 23, 05:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, i'm serious people (and drunk) what happened? did nouk eat people or was it all forgotten with the whole darkangle/otherperson dialogue.

lways remember: Do not meddle in the business of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #185 on: 2007 May 23, 06:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly OT, but still in the same vein as saying someone elses' work is your own: Not long ago, I found the MaxoidMonkey lots he/she designed for the game on the exchange, but listed under like 3 different people on the Maxis Exchange.Nothing was changed whatsoever, and 2 of the 3 claimed they made them. I as well as several other people signed these 3 members guestbooks letting them know what we thought, and only one fucker was stupid enuff to fight and still claim they designed the lot!Anyways, after that, I let the fight go, so I dunno if they were deleted out of the exchange or not, but go figure. I remember when I played SC4, and there was alot of lot stealing then.

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Blodeuwedd
ARR!

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #186 on: 2007 May 25, 02:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do they continue doing this stealing thing...?
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #187 on: 2007 May 25, 05:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Blodeuwedd"
Why do they continue doing this stealing thing...?

If you run a paysite, you are stealing intellectual property and trying to make a buck off the community by reselling things that depend on tools that are free and a game engine owned by EA. Why are you shocked that someone who has the balls to steal from a huge, international company would likewise have the balls to steal from peers?

It's greed. Anything to make a buck.

Or a burning desire to become a Big Name Fan (look upon my works and [strike]despair[/strike] worship me!), in the Sims 2 community. Which is sad in and of itself.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
toomanyguppys
Landlubber

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #188 on: 2007 May 25, 06:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, this thread took me back to the very early days of Sims 1 and the TSR forums before they became not only useless but boring as well.  I wasn't sure whether to thank you all or curse you all until I realized that the aggravating melody that is now stuck in my head is a tune we learned in something like third grade. . . it included the line "i before e except after c."

:cry:

It'll take a lot of rum, possibly with a tequila chaser, to make it stop.

Hmm.

Cheesy

Thanks!

on't play leapfrog with unicorns
count four
Landlubber

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #189 on: 2007 May 28, 06:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christ-on-a-jumped-up-motor-driven-crutch...

And I thought LiveJournal RPG was a seriously irritating, snide, sly, slimy, thoroughly infuriating bastion of nursed grievances, concealed grudges, nearly-intentional misunderstandings and childish temper tantrums...

But at least they were allowed to have it out. Most places would have locked the thread because most pussy moderators are afraid of confrontations. I say if you're willing to fight in public, the ref shouldn't say you can't.

*toasts the pirates*
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #190 on: 2007 May 28, 19:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Does this mean Nouk doesn't want us to have this hair?  But Kennedy Cox looks so hot now!

janelle
Landlubber

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #191 on: 2007 May 30, 06:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Nouk has said that she's planning on releasing it relatively soon anyway... I haven't met her personally, but she doesnt seem the type to show off something, ask for critique and accept compliments on it, and then go, "nyah nyah i'm not sharing."
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #192 on: 2007 May 30, 07:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted it, I have been quite busy with work so I haven't been on my forum and thought I saw briefly a thread that discussed this I couldn't make heads or tails of what the hell was going on.

Also I am not going to pretend like I read though this ... but:

1. We do not tolerate our members claiming someone else work.  The hair was not created by said member, it shouldn't have been in our creative corner.

2. We generally do not censor any sharing of files.  Our policy is generally if you shared it with the wrong person and it is out then we let it go on being shared.  However, we are not unreasonable people either.  If someone would have contacted me, maybe they did I have about a dozen unopened pms (work *sighs*), and let me know that this was a hair that was going to be released in the near future and asked me to remove it I wouldn't have hesitated in doing so.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #193 on: 2007 May 30, 09:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "count four"

And I thought LiveJournal RPG was a seriously irritating, snide, sly, slimy, thoroughly infuriating bastion of nursed grievances, concealed grudges, nearly-intentional misunderstandings and childish temper tantrums...

Which of the approximately 3000 Sims 2-related LJ communities are you referring to?

Also: you weren't expecting a blog site to be populated solely by reasonable, adult, well-behaved people, I'm sure. Right? Smiley

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Nouk's emo hair stolen?
« Reply #194 on: 2007 May 30, 14:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
I deleted it, I have been quite busy with work so I haven't been on my forum and thought I saw briefly a thread that discussed this I couldn't make heads or tails of what the hell was going on.

Also I am not going to pretend like I read though this ... but:

1. We do not tolerate our members claiming someone else work.  The hair was not created by said member, it shouldn't have been in our creative corner.

2. We generally do not censor any sharing of files.  Our policy is generally if you shared it with the wrong person and it is out then we let it go on being shared.  However, we are not unreasonable people either.  If someone would have contacted me, maybe they did I have about a dozen unopened pms (work *sighs*), and let me know that this was a hair that was going to be released in the near future and asked me to remove it I wouldn't have hesitated in doing so.

Hmmm I wanted to, but then I decided I didn't really care. Tongue

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: