PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:19:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Latest TSR Newsletter?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Latest TSR Newsletter?  (Read 11265 times)
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« on: 2007 May 13, 19:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if people are already talking about this but....

Has anyone read the latest TSR Newsletter? (I know, I hate it too, I'm just too lazy to go delete my account.:oops:) The creator they interviewed is ATWA! What the hell did she create that makes her worthy of an interview? Her stuff is (what's a polite word for 'ugliest damn thing on the internet'?)

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 13, 19:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link us to it?  (Just did a quick skim of the front page and it didn't stand out..)

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 13, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CALLING SHERRIE!  :lol:

Luckily I don't get those in my mail anymore so I haven't read it and if the main feature is Queen Of Ugly there's a chance of 0% that I'll regret that I never will...

Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 13, 19:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you cut and paste it here? You know... DO IT FOR THE LULZ!!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 13, 19:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Each month we interview a TSR Featured Artist or Staff Member. This month we talk to atwa.

1) Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm a nurse, working in the operating theatre at a big hospital, but since 3 years back I'm in charge of the computer related stuff and I'm also a system administrator for the software we use at the ward where we register the patients and the surgery they have had. I also take care of almost all the material we use during surgery and make orders when needed. I live on my own in the Venice of the North, Stockholm, Sweden so I have a lot of time for my hobby.

2) How long have you been a TSR Featured Artist, and what bought you to TSR in the first place?

I have been a Featured Artist since 28th Dec 2006, when I also had the opportunity to visit TSR HQ. I had never stumbled upon TSR but a lot of other simsites and I found it because one of my favorite creators closed her site and moved here. I liked the site very much and signed up at once. That was in December 2003.

3) What do you primarily create for the game and its community?

Recolors of objects, not so much lot building these days, but I would like to build more, and I also make ethnic clothing that suit my own neighborhood, Egypt, but sometimes also other types of clothing and accessories. I have started with meshing, but for me it has been a slow process as I have had a computer that couldn't handle the game or programs so well for a long time. I also try to look around what members desire and want, and I have a few different styles from Art Deco to Egyptian. I'm also in the Texture Challenge which is a very inspiring thread in the forum.

4) When creating new content, where do you draw ideas and inspiration from?

I look at home, on the internet and also on the type of texture I want to use. Doing a Google search is always handy and I do find a lot of inspiration on just a random search.

5) Typically, how long does it take you create new content?

Of course this depends on what it is, but from as little as 5 minutes to several days if it's a big set. The meshes I have done, took a couple of hours to make but they where quite simple.

6) Has the way you create changed since being Featured at TSR?

Not really, but I have after all this time become more and more picky and give more attention to detail when recoloring and therefore some items take longer to make. As I'm also the Artist Manager for all non FA artists, I have a bit less time for creating.

7) What advice would you give to newcomers to the TS2 Modding/Creating scene?

Start simple. I began with Lot building and after a few months I tried homecrafter and wall making. Then object recoloring. It's a good idea also to take your time when learning as you will appreciate it later on.

Cool How long have you been playing The Sims games and what do you enjoy about them most?

I got ill with a virus infection in October 2003 and was home from work for a month, so to have something to do I put the game in the drive and tried it and have been hooked since then. Up until I still could play the game in July 2006 I really enjoyed it and every night I played my favorite families before creating. I still can be surprised by some actions my Sims do and with Pets finally installed I'm enjoying the first puppies born in the game. I wasn't able to play the game for over 6 months and I have now unfortunately not the same urge to play it so often, so I create instead.

Thank you for taking part in this interview for the TSR Newsletter, Any parting comments you would like to add?

I'm really happy I found TSR and thanks to the friendly community and the staff I stayed. Thanks especially to Thomas, Per and Tug but I also want to say a thank you to the rest of the staff. I want to thank all of my downloader's, for the nice feedback and encouragement I get. Happy simming from me..

~Anita/Atwa

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 13, 21:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's this obsession with Atwa anyways. Her main thing seems to be mod, not creating. I'd totally hire her if she'd handle all my hundreds of free artists for a measly FA pay  Cool If I wos an evul paysite owner, that is.

Inactive
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 13, 21:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of days my ass. She knows it only takes her 5 minutes to recolor everything. It may take her a few days to post it but that doesn't count. She must being going to the "Butt ass ugly" site to get her textures.

6) Has the way you create changed since being Featured at TSR?

Not really, but I have after all this time become more and more picky and give more attention to detail when recoloring and therefore some items take longer to make. As I'm also the Artist Manager for all non FA artists, I have a bit less time for creating.

Liar. You give no attention to detail. You just use flood fill. And as for being artists manager. All  you do is snoop, report, and then kick people out. That takes what? 7 minutes.

7) What advice would you give to newcomers to the TS2 Modding/Creating scene?

Start simple. I began with Lot building and after a few months I tried homecrafter and wall making. Then object recoloring. It's a good idea also to take your time when learning as you will appreciate it later on.

Great. How to become Atwa 101.

'm really happy I found TSR and thanks to the friendly community and the staff I stayed. Thanks especially to Thomas, Per and Tug but I also want to say a thank you to the rest of the staff. I want to thank all of my downloader's, for the nice feedback and encouragement I get. Happy simming from me.

If she only knew that everybody hates her. Thomas just made her FA because she probably gave him some special favors. Ew. All of her downloaders? That would be? Her?

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 13, 22:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"

All of her downloaders? That would be? Her?

That made me laugh alot.
Thanks because I really need it right now.

I didn't bother reading the whole interview.
I skimmed through it a bit.
I never bothered reading the tsr newsletters.
I don't particularly like newsletters.
Unless it's filled with juicy gossip.
PMBD should send out a gossip/lastest-drama-whore newsletter.
lol

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 13, 22:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also take care of almost all the material we use during surgery and make orders when needed. I live on my own in the Venice of the North, Stockholm, Sweden
Which means that I could sit next to her on the subway one of these days... Maybe I already have?

chestylarue
Landlubber

View Profile
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 13, 22:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
Quote from: "RedLove"

All of her downloaders? That would be? Her?

That made me laugh alot.
Thanks because I really need it right now.

I didn't bother reading the whole interview.
I skimmed through it a bit.
I never bothered reading the tsr newsletters.
I don't particularly like newsletters.
Unless it's filled with juicy gossip.
PMBD should send out a gossip/lastest-drama-whore newsletter.
lol

Hmmm...your ideas intrigue me. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 13, 23:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
2) How long have you been a TSR Featured Artist, and what bought you to TSR in the first place?

I would say the paycheck, but it DID take her 3 years to become a FA...

Can someone PLEASE get rid of her computer? She makes me cry.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 13, 23:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn I missed that exiting issue! (*yawns*) I did get the newsletter and I stored it in it's usual place without reading it, unfortunatly I have now emptied the recyle bin, so its gone!  Cheesy

here's the origional before thomas edited it to make it sound better.

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
Each month we interview a TSR Featured Artist or Staff Member. This month we talk to a-twat.

1) Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself. (we know your favorite subject is YOU)

I'm pretending to be a nurse, working in the operating theatre at a big hospital, It sounds important, and its imporatant to me to sound important... of course If I really worked as a theatre nurse, all my patients would be dead by now, as I spend all my time on their computer posting on the TSR forum, sending gossip around the community and spying on people, I also have time to post death threats in peoples guestbooks and stalk my littlehero thomas. I dont have the time to deal with patients or do any of the stuff I pretend to do at work.  I live on my own in the Venice of the North, Stockholm, Sweden I have no husband, no boyfriend, no friends, and I dont do housework. so I have a lot of time for my hobby, which is paid for by other people. I'm also the Artist Manager

2) How long have you been a TSR Featured Artist, and what bought you to TSR in the first place? (and when are you going?)

I have been a Featured Artist since 28th Dec 2006, after I had rigged the ratings and caused a war on TSR. they had no choice but to make me a political FA, because I gave them the impressession my friends would walk out if they didnt. Also as I dont get many downloads, I was a cheap option. I had the opportunity to visit TSR HQ after I bugged the shit out of thomas until he let me..and I've not stopped talking about it since.
 I had never stumbled upon TSR but a lot of other simsites and I found it because one of my favorite creators closed her site and moved here. I have since informed thomas of her telling me the secret pay for FA's.. she's no longer with TSR.... I liked the site very much and signed up at once. That was in December 2003. and I've been filling your folders with shit ever since. I'm also the Artist Manager

3) What  do you primarily create for the game and its community? (a polite way of asking what the fuck is that?)

Recolors of maxis owned objects, not so much lot building these days as it takes longer than 3 minutes, but I would like to build more if I can get someone to build it for me, and I also make ethnic clothing that suit my own neighborhood, (screw what other people want - we're talking about ME here!) . I have started with meshing, but for me it has been a slow process as you just cant steal any good meshes these days. I have had a computer that couldn't handle the game or programs so well for a long time. which is what I still use for an excuse despite showing pics of my new computer on my profile  I also try to look around what members desire and want, so I dont make the mistake of making that stuff.  and I have a few different styles from Art Deco to Egyptian, a theme I have gone onto overkill on. I'm also in the Texture Challenge which is a very inspiring thread in the forum. it means I get someone else to find the texture, I copy and paste it on some one elses mesh and I get paid. makes my work easier. I'm also the Artist Manager

4) When creating new content, where do you draw ideas and inspiration from? (where the fuck do you get those stupid ideas? I mean.. an egyptian photo booth and phone?? WTF?)

I look at other peoples work and try to uglyise it. Doing a Google search is always handy and I do find a lot of inspiration on just a random search. on other peoples profiles. I'm also the Artist Manager

5) Typically, how long does it take you create new content? (what do I really pay you for)

Of course this depends on what it is, but from as little as 5 minutes to several minutes if it's a big set. The meshes I have done, took a couple of hours to make but they where quite simple. (a rock) I'm also the Artist Manager.

6) Has the way you create changed since being Featured at TSR? (or have you always thought of yourself as the TSR owner?)

Totally, I no longer have to try, because I'm paid anyway for my spy work . As I'm also the Artist Manager for all non FA artists, (yes I really had to mention that AGAIN for those that didnt see my blog, forum, sig,site or read the mails and PM's I sent out . I have a bit less time for creating due to the spy work and gossiping and the time it take me reminding everyone that I'm also the Artist Manager

7) What advice would you give to newcomers to the TS2 Modding/Creating scene? to deter them from pissing on your parade?

Dont even try to create anything, if it looks better than mine  which it's bound to, - your out on your ass.  because I'm also the Artist Manager.

Cool How long have you been playing The Sims games and what do you enjoy about them most? (ever thought of going back to playing and saving us on the eye bleach?)

I got ill with a VD infection in October 2003 and was home from work for a month, so to have something to do I put the game in the drive and tried it and have been hooked since then. Up until I still could play the game in July 2006 I really enjoyed it and every night I played my favorite families before creating. I still can be surprised by some actions my Sims do and with Pets finally installed I'm enjoying the first puppies born in the game. which I put into the swimming pool. I wasn't able to play the game for over 6 months and I have now unfortunately not the same urge to play it so often, as thomas wont pay me for playing the sims or drowning my puppies.

Thank you for taking part in this interview for the TSR Newsletter, Any parting comments you would like to add? (as the most dislikedFA ever)

I'm really happy I found TSR and that I am the Artist Manager. and thanks to the friendly community and the staff payroll, I stayed. Thanks especially to Thomas, (who's wife I called ugly after meeting her at Thomas's place) Per (who's apartment I showed the whole community via a for sale link and I showed them the sale price too) and Tug  (who I bitch about behind her back because she didn't like me taking over her forum - which is actually MY forum ) but I also want to say a thank you to the rest of the staff (who I claim I have to do their work because they are lazy).
I want to thank both of my downloader's, for the nice feedback and encouragement I get in exchange for kudos  Happy simming from me.. and how much do I get paid for this interview?

~Anita/A-twat
 -->****ARTIST MANAGER****<---,

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 13, 23:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was practically comedy gold, Sherrie  :lol:

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 13, 23:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha.
I wasn't going to read it at first because I really thought it was an original unedited copy of the interview.
But when I saw Captain's post I decided to go back and read it to see at what SHE was laughing.
I'm glad I did.
That was hilarious.
 :lol:

ETA: Captain Berg has a vagina. My bad.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
Latest TSR Newsletter?
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 13, 23:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I literally lol'ed. XD Awesome rewrite, and sounds much closer to the mark.

I'm also the Artist Mangaer

Haha!

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: