PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:12:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EAxis even more bossy with mesh creators?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis even more bossy with mesh creators?  (Read 3774 times)
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
EAxis even more bossy with mesh creators?
« on: 2007 May 15, 23:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was browsing MTS2 latest downloads, and about description and instructions of an uploaded sim, the creator wrote:

I want to apologize for not including the hair colors (even tho the creators allow it) but I'v been trying for a week & just cannot remove the meshes from the sims2pack  *shakes fist at Maxis* . I really hate making people follow a bunch of links to get all the content, but there doesn't seem to be any way around it except for uninstalling seasons (which I'd rather not do  ). Sorry everyone.

Is this true? Not only BodyShop includes meshes by default (Pets), but it doesn't allow their removal in any way (Seasons)?
I'm not much into sims packaging and uploading, that's why I'm here to ask; has EAxis modified BS in Seasons, so it became more difficult to not include the mesh? That would be an interesting hint...

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis even more bossy with mesh creators?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 15, 23:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marhis"
has EAxis modified BS in Seasons, so it became more difficult to not include the mesh? That would be an interesting hint...

EAxis: "ALL YOUR MESH ARE BELONG TO US!"

I have no idea if it's intentional or not (one can only hope...  :twisted: ), but what's certain is that they have absolutely no reason whatsoever to protect the CC creators of this twisted community, and the sooner people get over it (and stop bitching about "rape" *coughbeosboxboycough* the better  :x

katra
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 15, 23:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why that's happening, but I can still remove meshes from packages with Clean Installer,  save them and open them back up just fine.  I'm using an upatched Seasons game and I just checked it with a few packages, and it works without a problem.
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 16, 00:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That person is doing something wrong. I have Seasons and can remove anything from my sims2pack files, including meshes.

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 16, 02:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

something between the chair and the keyboard must be causing this error. *cough**cough*

"rape"?!
hmmm, delicious gossip.
Please, do tell Cheesy

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 16, 02:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

egh, BBB's blog with his analogy of rape to something else was just so so bad and not in the good way.. I think his blog is linked on a thread here but I'd have to scrounge around to find it.

ETA: found it!
http://s95147669.onlinehome.us/beosboxboy/

"There are claims on both sides that really have not been properly researched, and people have used the sort of logic to defend the unauthorised distribution of pay site items that bears much in common with saying because a woman has a vagina designed by evolution she has no right to determine who may use it."

Yes, BBB, we are raping the paysites just like women are raped.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 16, 02:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooh thanx for the link, Angelica! Hmm, juicy gossip! Me likes.

oh god, he does have alot of grudges against the sim community for someone who joined the 'SIMSCOM - Project Of Great Façade' with ThomAss, Nengi-I_take_my_toys_and_go_home, LyricLee & co.  :roll:

i won't even comment on the "vagina argument"... it's just there to insult our intelligence.

LOL @ drama whores.

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
PirateBrad
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 16, 07:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird...I can't remove meshes with S2PCI either,it always turns into empty packages,even when I follow thru tiggerypum's tuts
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 16, 10:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "TheVanity"
something between the chair and the keyboard must be causing this error. *cough**cough*

Naw, it's a loose nut on the keyboard.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
katra
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 16, 10:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBrad"
That's weird...I can't remove meshes with S2PCI either,it always turns into empty packages,even when I follow thru tiggerypum's tuts

Did you give the new package a different name rather than replacing the original?  Other than that, I can't think of why you would get empty packages, since it's been working well for me, though maybe I've just been lucky.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 16, 11:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, pity, I was hoping EAxis had enhanced the link mesh-bodyshop in Seasons EP.

Besides, I'm probably too addicted to logical thoughts, but according to me, if the original creator (EA/Maxis) provides a fixed behavior in its tools, that should be the way it's supposed to work, shouldn't it?

So, why on earth you have to fight against the preimposed official system,  and nota bene not for technical reasons - like a better/easier way to deal with that stuff - but for strictly personal and unrelated reasons, which you have built up all by yourself?

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: