PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:08:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 744179 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #270 on: 2007 June 10, 17:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is, as soon as someone knows they are good, they want to get paid. And if so many good creators get paid, it influences new good creators to try and get paid as well.

Inactive
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2007 June 10, 18:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
Problem is, as soon as someone knows they are good, they want to get paid. And if so many good creators get paid, it influences new good creators to try and get paid as well.

Pirates! Stop saying stuff about Nouk. She doesn't seem to have noticed yet but there are a few people who like her stuff. Someone distract her while we edit to tone down the praise so she thinks she's only mediocre.

Nouk, you just keep those fingers in your ears and if you need to take them out for anything I'm sure anyone here will be happy to supply cottonwool and take up the task of reading your feedback to protect you from all the nasty comments.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2007 June 10, 18:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posting my first object for youse guys to laugh at because I am all for fairness!

This was the inspiration.

I had issues with it clipping into the tiles behind it so it couldn't be flush with a wall.  It's hard to be faithful to the original for that reason.  

Legs also had to be longer to make the sims look like they're sitting on the couch!  

Texture isn't completely done.. I still hate the positioning of the muzzlepuff.

I hate how pixelated the corners look.. I want to do the mesh completely over.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: 2007 June 10, 19:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's your first object? That's really good! Very detailed for a first object (the rounded corners, the shape of the ears) - I stuck with boxes in various positions when I started trying  :lol:

Are you using milkshape? Try "align normals" on the corners - that should get rid of the dark areas.

mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2007 June 10, 19:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missangelica, can you show the wireframe of the object? It looks pretty good, but looks like there might be some weirdness in places (around the corners there looks like there may be nsides or some unnecessary triangles or something).

It looks very hard at the moment, are you going for a soft, beanbag pillow look or a harder plastic (either is fine for a bench like this)? Even if clipping is a problem you still may be able to adjust the polys a little (at the top and on the corners maybe), and certainly the texture can be adjusted to change the "feel" of the object. Pretty cute, though. It would be good for a playground.

Edited to fix a horrifying grammatical error
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 2007 June 10, 20:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"

Pirates! Stop saying stuff about Nouk. She doesn't seem to have noticed yet but there are a few people who like her stuff. Someone distract her while we edit to tone down the praise so she thinks she's only mediocre.

Nouk, you just keep those fingers in your ears and if you need to take them out for anything I'm sure anyone here will be happy to supply cottonwool and take up the task of reading your feedback to protect you from all the nasty comments.

ZOMG THEY LuVS M3333333!!! Cheesy:D EINZ!1one *hearts flowers sparkly stuff* Smiley

I always notice, but I don't know what to say. I could say: 'Aaaaawww thank you *hearty-heart heart*! But then I'd look like egochick. Or I could say, 'yeah, but that and that should improve'. Then I'd look like obsessochick.

So I just don't say anything and I'll look like... and antisocial weirdo who only reads her own posts!! The perfect pirate XD:wink:

Anyway, to divert attention of my weird psyche, here's new hair! :shock:
It could be less... it could have some more.. and some... stuff. Well maybe it's finished.

And see, I have no imagination, copied my own old hairstyle:
2006 ish

Inactive
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2007 June 10, 20:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like it, Nouk.  I actually don't think it looks much like the other one.  I like the softer looking, bigger curls.  Can't wait till you upload it.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Scratch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2007 June 10, 21:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help!!! Could someone poke me in the direction of a tutorial for combining top and bottom clothing meshes.... maybe i'm stoooopid, but i looked and looked and couldn't find anything... i found one to split a full body mesh but not the other way around....

Thanks  Smiley
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2007 June 10, 21:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's lovely Nouk. The only thing I'm not fond of is the tiny spirals by the ears. Other than that, I really like it. It's much better than the older one.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2007 June 10, 21:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
That's lovely Nouk. The only thing I'm not fond of is the tiny spirals by the ears. Other than that, I really like it. It's much better than the older one.

IAWTC I love the hair...I love the curls and the texture. Zeh awesome.

ZOMG THEY LuVS M3333333!!! Very HappyVery Happy EINZ!1one *hearts flowers sparkly stuff* Smile

And btw I love you too, bb.  :lol:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2007 June 10, 21:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always notice, but I don't know what to say. I could say: 'Aaaaawww thank you *hearty-heart heart*! But then I'd look like egochick. Or I could say, 'yeah, but that and that should improve'. Then I'd look like obsessochick.

Basically, do what ever you want to. We love you. *throws pink heartshaped confetti all over Nouk*

And if people start calling you egomaniac or obsessive, just tell them you're taking your toys and going home. Then we can call you a dramallama and forget about your egomanical/obsessive tendencies. Smiley

And since we're talking about great pirate creators, here is some love and confetti for Liegen and Ren too, because you three rule.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2007 June 10, 21:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Posting my first object for youse guys to laugh at because I am all for fairness!

This was the inspiration.

I had issues with it clipping into the tiles behind it so it couldn't be flush with a wall.  It's hard to be faithful to the original for that reason.  

Legs also had to be longer to make the sims look like they're sitting on the couch!  

Texture isn't completely done.. I still hate the positioning of the muzzlepuff.

I hate how pixelated the corners look.. I want to do the mesh completely over.

...OMG. That is the cutest thing ever. Will it come in pink too? *squee* But yeah, since you said it first, it is kinda pixelated in the corners... but you'll fix it and then I get to have it. Yay!  Cool

ll big paysites should be reported to IRS (do it.)
If someone does it, let me know so I can masturbate.

(I made the icon... don't steal my asspirate? Sad )
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2007 June 10, 22:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Captain Berg and Nina.  ^^  I can recolor it in pink too.

Quote from: "mando"
Missangelica, can you show the wireframe of the object?

It looks very hard at the moment, are you going for a soft, beanbag pillow look or a harder plastic (either is fine for a bench like this)?

I wanted to go for the soft look but I think it's a mixture of the mesh and the texture that's going against that.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: 2007 June 10, 22:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you might need to weld a few vertices in the corners, you definitely need to get rid of those triangles. They're what's causing the smoothing problem.

Eta, what program are you using to model?

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2007 June 10, 22:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chair looks to be really low poly, so good on you for that. However, in order to give the chair a softer look I think you will have to add a few more polys. I think that you're using Milkshape, so I'm guessing that why there's all the different coloured lines and it does look like you have a few nsides (check the image I sent).

I think that a soft pillow probably shouldn't be so uniform, so you might want to skew the polys along the top and pull them out at the front (on the seat and backrest) in order to give it a softer shape. Add more polys to any areas that you want to have more detail. To get a pillow shape (those kind of soft, folded edges and corners) you might want to concentrate on the corners and give yourself some more room (i.e. a few more polys) to work with. As well, I would add more weight to the middle by scaling those verts outwards to make it look as if it slightly slumping down and fat. Make sure that you always merge your verts too. You might have to do some slight re-uving, but it will really cut down on unnecessary polys.  

Don't go crazy adding polys, though! Get as much use out of the polys that already exist in the object as it is now (if the blue ones can be moved a lot of them appear to be sitting there doing nothing  :lol: ).Only add in what you absolutely need to get the shape to be what you'd like, as anything else can be suggested through a good texture so long as the shape is somewhat correct. I find that a good way is to add a few edges just near to the edges that I want to soften up in order to give it a softer curve or a more rumpled appearance. Things like fabric folds and the like can be added in through textures later, so don't bother modelling those (not that it looks like you were thinking of it, but it's a mistake I see a lot of sim furniture makers make, to my absolute horror).

Edit: Triangles can be okay in very small doses, as the game will auto-triangulate any meshes anyway, I think. I use them sometimes to give the object a more natural line or to save polys, but they can easily screw stuff up. However there is some weird triangulation in the corners that doesn't appear to be necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: