PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:22:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 736382 times)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 13, 19:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to see some of my Sims, or download them, you can at http://britpoptarts.4shared.com

Have at it, ye scurvy dogs! Avast! ARR!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 13, 19:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's very well made. Only reason I wouldn't download it is personal preference of style. =) The texture is beautiful, and the style is well executed.

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 13, 19:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lorelei, I think you've got an unnecessary period in your URL
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 13, 20:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That abrupt part has been bugging me too. I will try to fix it up!
Hair in the eye sucketh butt, but sims only exist to be poked, prodded and tortured anyway :lol:
I never like blondes in the game myself, simply because it flares like crazy and it hurst to look at it sometimes. Cool

Thanks for all the feedback! This is very usable Smiley

*Edit*
I fixed your Emo!

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 13, 21:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not very flattering for me to enter after Nouk, but here we go...

This is the very first hair mesh I ever completed, it was about a week ago.

The... usefulness of it can probably be debated  :roll:

My own opinions are:

The mesh itself is decent, concidering I'm a newb.
The textures suck ass.
Could be useful for stories, contests, and of course for those who likes to play the game 18th century style.

Now I'd much like to hear yours.

ETA: It's great now, Nouk. Wonderful work indeed.

cogitoergosim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 13, 21:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
The mesh itself is decent, concidering I'm a newb.
The textures suck ass.
Could be useful for stories, contests, and of course for those who likes to play the game 18th century style.

Now I'd much like to hear yours.

That's pretty good considering it's your first. My first and last mesh didn't even show up ingame :lol:

Now what is wrong:

I think it's too puffy. The curls need to be more curly. And yes, the texture is not good.
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 13, 21:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm hair!

Berg - while you're right, I wouldn't have much use for it except for stories since I don't play historical 'hoods, the mesh is pretty good for a newb...hell the only thing I could probably come up with is a steaming pile of poo  Tongue  The top is better done than the hanging err curls, in my opinion.

Nouk - yay men hair! I'd use, black of course and maybe streaked (as you know I like retexturing your hairs ) ...it's different than the usual emo hair, maybe a little...straight? that fringe must've been imbued with hairgel :p In sort I like, though I still hanker for some non-emo cute guy styles  :lol:

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 13, 21:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk, I like it. It doesn't scream "emo" to me, in fact it reminds me more of the "skater" style that was popular way back in the days when I was a highschool girl. Those boys liked to have long hair in front and/or on top, then very short or shaved on the sides and back. Weird when I try to explain it, but it looked like that when it was down. IMHO, we need more male hair that doesn't all look exactly the same.

Berg, the mesh is not at all bad for your first one. It looks a little cartoony, especially the narrowness of the curl where it comes down from the back of the neck. The texture definitely could use some work, personally I'd do it so that it looked a little more teased and curled upward, instead of straight lines.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 13, 22:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Berg, it's not so bad I think. The texture looks a little flat, try adding some more highlights and darker bits to give it some more definition, detail and volume. I think the size and poofiness is fine especially for one of those silly 18th C. wigs. liegenschonheit is right that some curls might help out to move it away from looking too much like one of those drug store clown wigs.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 13, 22:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Berg: TBTH, that hair scares the hell out of me...that doesn't mean it's bad, just that it scares the hell out of me! ^^

Nouk: I <3 emo hairs!
I really like that. Except the texture is all wavy and not wavy and weird, and it's blond, and there are NEVER any blond emos...it looks more skaterish like someone else said. I'd download it if it came in all four colours. ^^ I mean it.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 13, 22:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your feedback everyone! I must simply agree with what everyone have said, and after I opened the file in Milkshape a few moments ago I realized that trying to salvage it is not worth it, in the state it is now. I will try to recreate it from scratch some day, perhaps try with another Maxis hair as a base... And perhaps earn some Milkshape skill points first  :lol:

It was just an experiment anyway and I was mostly excited about that it actually showed up in game, could be exported in Bodyshop - that it really could be used (in theory, at least...)

What I really was doing at the time was a set of 18th century furniture and I wanted an 18th century lady to go with them, for the screenshots, and she needed hair.... Talk about being easily distracted  :roll:

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 13, 22:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Berg:

Firstly, trust me, this is really really good for a first hairmesh. It really is. You added custom pieces and shaped a hair into something entirely different.
Very good in my opinion! It may not be everyone's taste, but I look at difficulty and amount of reshaping and the possibility to imagine and make something in 3d. This is good.

For the issues:
I think you took the ponytail head and stretched it out, and that is why the textures look blurry. I'm not sure how to fix it, except make the head part out of entire newly built parts, or somehow remap it so that it doesn't stretch like that. That would be pretty difficult for me to do, but not impossible. I think.

The curls are solid, but you can easily make new once by taking a 10 by 3 plane and shaping that into a curl. I can show you if you want Smiley

Rest of Friendly Pirates:
Thank you, so a few recolors, some with streaks, and it's finished Smiley

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 13, 22:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh nice hair Nouk and Berg!

Damn you Nouk, I always like you hairs - Its killing my Downloads folder  Tongue

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 13, 22:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk - I like the slight change to the hair.  It looks nifty.

There's piracy.  There's plagiarism.  But what do you call it when you swipe the look of a Sim that is made by a creator who thinks that their Sims are real?  Body Snatching?

I made this for an online friend who really wanted this particular Sim and the creator was closed handed.  The clone amuses me if no one else.

obscurity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 13, 22:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rickets"
There's piracy.  There's plagiarism.  But what do you call it when you swipe the look of a Sim that is made by a creator who thinks that their Sims are real?  Body Snatching?

I made this for an online friend who really wanted this particular Sim and the creator was closed handed.  The clone amuses me if no one else.

Emily!! Squee!! I've been meaning to try and replicate her myself lol It's pretty damn close although the eyes/mouth look a little bit off Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: