PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:21:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 736400 times)
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #1830 on: 2008 January 27, 21:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do any of you have problems picking up items or sims with the cheat code moveobjects on with this camera being in game. I am not sure if it is the camera or the pose hack that is causing the problems. It is mainly with my sims. You can pick one up and the square that corrisponds to that sims is like 15 tiles over (you know where it is highlighted).

ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2008 January 28, 00:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens to me sometime when I use pose hacks, but I did not have that camera hack.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
goodbye_sun
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2008 January 28, 01:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dachshundsbykayandrobin"
do any of you have problems picking up items or sims with the cheat code moveobjects on with this camera being in game. I am not sure if it is the camera or the pose hack that is causing the problems. It is mainly with my sims. You can pick one up and the square that corrisponds to that sims is like 15 tiles over (you know where it is highlighted).

It’s the pose hack. In some cases, animations that would normally run across a couple of tiles just seem to really stretch out across 10 or more when run from a pose hack. I don't know why, and its not just one of the hacks that it is a problem with.
TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: 2008 January 28, 13:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
Orange and Yellow textured wall
I'm thinking about making a whole set of these textures walls but what do you guys think? I'll make them regardless because I like them for myself but I'd like some feedback on whether I should put them up for download and what needs to be down? Too plain?  Cheesy

Yes, please, textured walls.

Have been looking for any kind of faux-finishy walls in current 'trendy'/bright colors, but I usually don't have the stamina to dig through four hundred thousand walls on various sites.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1834 on: 2008 January 28, 14:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suza at Simply Styling has some great textured walls that are near staples in my game.

Just sayin'.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1835 on: 2008 January 28, 20:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "TashaYarrr"
Quote from: "RedLove"
Orange and Yellow textured wall
I'm thinking about making a whole set of these textures walls but what do you guys think? I'll make them regardless because I like them for myself but I'd like some feedback on whether I should put them up for download and what needs to be down? Too plain?  Cheesy

Yes, please, textured walls.

Have been looking for any kind of faux-finishy walls in current 'trendy'/bright colors, but I usually don't have the stamina to dig through four hundred thousand walls on various sites.

I've posted the walls up on my downloads page at MTS2. Glad you like them =]. And I'm pretty sure that mine are atleast a little different from SimplyStyling so maybe she wants some variety.

TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: 2008 January 28, 21:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!

(I hadn't found any that were what I had in mind (with the caveat that I find searching through walls/floors to be quite daunting, so it's partially my own fault), so multiple sources is great. Are great? Something.)
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1837 on: 2008 January 28, 23:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you mind taking a look at this picture? I need some opinions.

I just made these two plants. They are supposed to be cascading out over the edge of the tables and so far they are working okay. Obviously I need to do something about the placement - they aren't supposed to be bleeding through the tabletops like that - and here's where I'd like to hear what you prefer.

I can do one of two things:

EITHER move the meshes off center so that the leaves fall out over the table top without bleeding through it when you place it. I can probably find a placement that will fit a number of table tops, but there are so many different formats that I'm pretty sure I can't find one that will fit all.

OR leave the meshes centered like they are now. This way you will need to place the plant on an invisible surface before moving it into place on the table with 'moveobjects on'. I believe there exist invisibles for most table top heights now. At least I know I have the standard ones on my site myself.

So which do you prefer?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2008 January 28, 23:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can, do both, as in: do thedifferent placement thing, and add the option for more advanced players to use cheats to place it the way they want with your invisible object Smiley

Inactive
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: 2008 January 28, 23:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you would get more downloads if we don't have to download other items to use the plants.  Both options, like Nouk suggested would be good too.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: 2008 January 29, 01:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either choice works, though the end table thing may be better for the casual player. Most people who know about things like OMSP and invisible magisplay tables endlessly fiddle with placement anyway, so center or side doesn't matter much to us. We can figure it out, cause we're all the awesome like that.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2008 January 29, 10:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you place things off-centre on a table?  I thought they just sort of 'clicked' in there in a placement slot.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2008 January 29, 10:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolprop snapobjectstogrid false accompanied with moveobjects on. You can use the same trick to center lights on a lot.

Just be careful to turn the cheats off for god's sake.. As far as I understand anything boolprop can make your lot buggy if you forget to turn it off.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: 2008 January 29, 10:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird.  I use that cheat all the time and it doesn't have off-centre placement on shelves and tables.  O_o

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1844 on: 2008 January 29, 11:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great! Thanks for your input. Those plants are moving off-center straight away. Then advanced players will just have to deal with the placement themselves. I guess I'm not that casual-player-friendly in general, what with all those decorate-yourself shelves and cabinets, so at least I can make this one easy.  :wink:

Naceygirl, you're right. The cheat doesn't work on surfaces. You need to first place your deco object on a table that has an invisible recolor. Then you boolprop the invisible table and the deco object in place on top of the table you want the deco object to sit on.

Like this. That little block on the left has an invisible recolor and all the deco objects on the tables are placed on one of those before being boolpropped into place:

ETA:
You just made me think of something. I have a whole host of invisibles in all kinds of heights spread around the entire site. I should probably collect them all on one single page, so they're easier to find for everybody. Hmm ... Something to remember for the next update.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: