PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:19:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD  (Read 94178 times)
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
« Reply #510 on: 2009 May 29, 22:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here! We've had attempted break-ins. It takes the cops a good bit to get here & I'm not going to wait for them to show up if someone breaks into my house. If they are breaking in it is sure that they are up to no good. Maybe they ARE just there to steal something. But the 2 guys that beat a fellow to death not far from us were just there to steal too. He didn't have a gun.
We could argue this point all year. We are probably going to have to just agree to disagree. The right to bear arms is one constitutional right that I hold dear. My opinion on that will never change. But I know that other people have the right to their own opinions. Hey, that is what makes life interesting & debate is always good. For myself bmyall, it is prudence. My dog would probably scare someone off before they ever got in, but I figure if they aren't afraid of  him then I would have little chance against them unarmed. So I choose to be armed!

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: 2009 May 30, 03:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do happen. Albeit, very, very rarely.  Most shootings are linked to bikie gangs however, and they procure their weapons via the black market.

Yes - when you wrote that I googled it, and found a couple of incidents.  But certainly it's not the phenomenon here that it is in the US.

I'm actually less concerned about guns and gun control issues than I am about the need for personal protection. I can understand wanting to protect ones home and family. What I'm curious about is the need to carry weapons. Is it fear or prudence?

Fear and moral panic.  People have a propensity to believe that crime is becoming worse - you can find diatribes in Ancient Greek literature about youths in gangs with green capes and the waiting collapse of society, and the same rant about morals in the 1800s concerning children and the moral character of the younger generation.  People are all too ready to believe that they will be attacked, and while being in a low socio-economic area makes one more prone to either being a victim or a witness to a violent crime, the reality is that guns make people feel like they are doing something.  One could argue that the confidence it gives them is enough, since they won't actually use it.

But it still stands that crime in my town is -very- low, and its only been since the gun law was put into place.

I've heard about that law in that town - and crime is very low.  However, there was a study about that town in a sociological research journal, and it was found that most people *had* guns already, the decrease of the crime rates from the 70's generally (which was western world wide) and the rates fluctuate anyway.  And that there was no decrease attributed from the actual ordinance, but that crime rates were generally low and stayed consistently low.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: 2009 June 03, 21:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the law was, if my memory serves, passed in the 80s, when I was in high school or maybe even early college.  So anywhere from 80 to 86 or so.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: 2009 June 04, 08:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the law was, if my memory serves, passed in the 80s, when I was in high school or maybe even early college.  So anywhere from 80 to 86 or so.

Yep - the study I read was from 83.  Maybe I didn't write clearly enough - crime in the Western World universally went down from a height in the 1970s no matter what gun laws there were.  For example, crime plummeted in the 90s, but imprisonment skyrocketed.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Simmim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009 October 24, 17:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to thank the donators for what they do. I (and many others) appreciate it.  Cheesy
rudai
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2009 October 27, 23:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are certainly more awesome than anyone and i thank yee forit, argh Kiss
duduric
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2009 November 01, 23:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thank Pescado and everyone involved on this brave and amazing effort, I hope you all be happy for your whole lives!
minou
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2009 November 15, 22:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all, for everything.

minou
AshleyDoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009 November 23, 22:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to thank every last one of you! haha I'm a single mom working at a toy store making $7.25 an hour and barely getting by as it is... So of course I don't have the money to pay for all the paysites out there.... You all make it possible for us to have these wonderful items that shouldn't have to be payed for in the first place. So I thank you for that Smiley

Ashley
lexyczp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2009 December 09, 19:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'M SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD TO YOU!!!! YOU'RE THE BESTEST!!!! I LOVE PMBD AND ALL THE COLABORATORS!!!! WHEN I START WORK I'M GONNA GIVE YOU MI FIRST PAY!!! SERIOUSLY.... I RELLY GONNA DO IT, JUST WAIT...
¡¡¡¡TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNNNKKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
<____....::::GOD BLESS YOU ALL WITH MILLIONS OF BENEFITS::::...____>

BAD BOYS, BAD BOYS. WHAT YOU GONNA DO? WHAT YOU GONNA DO? WHEN WE COME FOR YOU?
hobags
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009 December 11, 00:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sincerely, thank you! I am saving up a big bundle for you.  Grin

SMILE!! Jesus loves you in that outfit!
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2009 December 17, 18:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish to thank EA for their latest patch and it's effect on TSR  Grin

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Prairie Orca
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2010 January 17, 05:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you to all who are involved in providing the booty. =)
eli
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2010 January 28, 18:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy   THANK SOOOOO MUCH FOR HELPING US TO GET THE PAID STUFF THAT (MOST OF US) WE CANNOT GET!!!!   THANX   Kiss
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2010 February 06, 18:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome, though there's no need to SCREAM IT UP MY ASS!!! -  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: