PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 18:17:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD  (Read 95482 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
« Reply #330 on: 2008 September 16, 18:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got some of the hairs - then promptly forgot to look at them and put a Nouk hair on my sim O.o

But I'm hopeful on the male hair.  There just isn't enough good male hair and its almost enough to make me try making those next. O.o

The daum stuff looks pretty, but I'm starting small.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Melisssa
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2008 September 24, 21:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink  SHANK YOU!!
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2008 September 24, 21:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink  SHANK YOU!!

Don't know where in the world you're from Melissa, but *ahem* round here the term shank generally refers to wanking someone off. Unless, of course, you meant that  Cheesy

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2008 September 25, 00:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink  SHANK YOU!!

Don't know where in the world you're from Melissa, but *ahem* round here the term shank generally refers to wanking someone off. Unless, of course, you meant that  Cheesy

Where I'm from it means to stab someone in the back with a crudely made blade (also called a "shank" and generally only in prison) or to betray someone in some dreadful fashion (as in "being stabbed in the back"). If nothing else, either definition certainly raises a host of intriguing and disturbing questions about Melissa Cheesy.
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2008 September 25, 00:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over here, the knife thing, or to betray them, is to shaft them. Course, that also means shag them. It gets confusing unless you've lived here all of your life  Cheesy

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2008 September 25, 00:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over here, the knife thing, or to betray them, is to shaft them. Course, that also means shag them. It gets confusing unless you've lived here all of your life  Cheesy

Heh, we use both those meanings as well for "shaft" (although the sexual meaning is certainly less common, as is the second meaning I gave for "shank"). "Shaft" has another slang meaning as well around these parts (well, okay, it has several) in relation to being forced to pick up or do some unpleasant activity that no one else wanted (e.g. Employee A: "Fred had to work the graveyard shift all weekend" Employee B: "Oh, too bad. He totally got shafted"). It's somewhat connected to the betrayal meaning, but can also be used when no one is at fault and the bad thing is merely due to a sequence of events.
Melisssa
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2008 September 25, 08:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol Well last time I checked we are pirates; and it was meant to be funny! So maybe you should check on "Lightning up" or "Relaxing"; before going into the dictionary and posting the meaning without taking in consideration of the fact that someone could just be simply posting a "Thank you" in a manner which they saw no harm doing! You know what? Maybe it is me who should relax and take in consideration the fact that you both have very well taken the consideration that I meant no harm and you are trying to break the ice with me(I am blushing with embarrassment); and if you got hurt over the fact that someone was trying to break the ice and say "Thank you" in their own way; let me apologize for my poor choice of words and humor. I  ensure you that my intention was not to offend or "stab anyone in the back"! I did not join this forum to betray or hurt anyone; I was merely trying to be funny with my comment.  Again; I apologize for my poor choice of words and humor. I will make sure to TRY not to use what I think is humor in any post I make again. I will be straight forward and blunt with my posts or comments in the future. Where I am from is no concern to you.....unless you want to talk? /wink  Kiss   <------was meant to be funny  Grin   I am from a place called America, I am sure you can tell by my poor writing skills and my ignorance that most Americans are proud of; and who is to blame "me?" Nahh..the government is; that is my story and I am sticking to it! <3  Thank you for everything. <3
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: 2008 September 25, 09:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melisssa - that was truly a work of art.  You included blaming others and apologising.  Kudos!  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2008 September 25, 10:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melissa, I was having a joke with you. You'd know if I was being nasty  Tongue

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2008 September 25, 11:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes use "shanksyoushanksyoushanksyou" when I feel, the person needs to be revered for their generosity. It's incredibly dated, back when people bowed and shuffled their thanks as they walked backwards. God I was so weird in University, I made the stupidest shit up.

Shank? Isn't that Lamb? And as for stabbing...

Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2008 September 25, 18:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melissa. Excuse me? I am an American and in no way do I have poor writing skills that I am proud of. I post very clearly and succinctly and am damn happy with it. Although, I am known to sink to lolcat-ese or just talk like plain people. I didn't get most of my education at  school, my parents taught me at home quite a bit about how to use words. So, relax, take a weight off, have some bon bons and Midol, they come in handy when troll spawning time draws nigh.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Melisssa
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2008 September 25, 21:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, relax, take a weight off, have some bon bons and Midol

Cheesy Paden<3 your funny! I think maybe you should follow your own advice on that "pms therapy" you shared  Wink!  I never take those poison pills and eat that kind of junk it tends to fog your mind and effect the way your mind and body function; as well as add a couple of pounds and promote cancer. <3 Thank you for your advice though, that was so sweet of you to care about my feelings. Kiss

I love this forum, everyone is awesome so many opinions, and views, and the passion is so raw.  Smiley   Love all of you<3

Oh yeah, I believe I  said
that most Americans are proud of
so Paden. Excuse me for my poor choice of words again; I will apologize for my upsetting you and my generalization of most Americans and our ignorance's.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2008 September 26, 00:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melissa, I was having a joke with you. You'd know if I was being nasty  Tongue

Yep, I was just teasing too (and like Millie, there would be no question if I wasn't). Besides, isn't it sort of fun to be thought of as a shiv wielding escaped convict who also likes to help people, uh, "relax" in the off hours? Wink

Shank? Isn't that Lamb?

Yep, that too. I love the English language; I mean why use several different words when you can just use one to mean 1,000 unrelated things? Cheesy

Cheesy Paden<3 your funny! I think maybe you should follow your own advice on that "pms therapy" you shared  Wink!  I never take those poison pills and eat that kind of junk it tends to fog your mind and effect the way your mind and body function; as well as add a couple of pounds and promote cancer. <3 Thank you for your advice though, that was so sweet of you to care about my feelings. Kiss

Where are you getting this information, Melissa? While this may (although it would be shockingly unlikely) be true, if you haven't got a good standard set up for judging the "evidence" to support it, you're just misinforming others (and yourself). I'd recommend that you give a strong look at the sources that are providing the information to you; do they have a goal they are trying to push? What sources are they citing? Are they citing the information (e.g. studies, essays, articles, etc.) correctly? Are the sources they are using unbiased? Are they unbiased? What methodology have they set up to test the idea/data? Have you read/viewed/listened to the studies/sources they use as the basis for their reports? Are they thorough? Careful? What criticisms have been levelled at the idea and "evidence"? How have they responded? Have the tests been repeated? Are the results the same as the first time the test was run? How willing are you to accept that you may be wrong, and may only be believing in something because it tweaks your own interest or suspicions? 

Frankly, I could add about a billion more questions to the list, and (at least for me) being unwilling to do the work to get to the bottom of the story and relying only on the info that appeals to you or that a biased source gives out reeks of intellectual laziness.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 26, 00:48:35 by mando » Logged
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2008 September 26, 03:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I smoke like a chimney when my kid is asleep. I have smoked for 31 years and I'm not dead yet. I ain't goin til I am damn good and ready to go, so meh.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2008 September 26, 04:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Mellissa, I was going to join in on the conversation however I was blinded by the sprinkles throughout your post. Also, being American, I find your stereotype of Americans badly. U HAS OFF-ENDED ME!!

Seriously, though. Posts, in my opinion, don't need to be rainbows. If you're proud of poor grammar, that's fine, but please don't try to push it on the rest of us.

Edit: I was totally going to edit my own grammar typo, but left it in - why not?  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 September 26, 04:12:17 by crunk » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: