PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:12:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD  (Read 95665 times)
Twibil
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Re: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
« Reply #60 on: 2006 November 19, 01:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have said something earlier, but I was franticly searching for the (baaaah) thanks button.

I havent downloaded  too much, but do so love the witty and intelligible banter theree is to be found here.  Its the only place I frequent other than MATY.

Hoorah for the booty, I'm sure I will do some quality pillaging once I have a chance to peruse the booty.
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 November 20, 01:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the booty. :wink: I've subbed or donated to most of those sites at one time or another so I dont feel badly about adding to my considerable download folder.  Cheesy Keep'em coming.
Angelique
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 November 20, 11:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for creating this site, and thank you for the booty. Wink
mistersexylicious
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 November 20, 12:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for robbing other sites by *pirating* their sims.

Not because i want the content OR would steal things, but because i find this website so amusing.. MWAH! me love you long time.

Kiss.
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 November 20, 13:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd actually never heard of Carla Niven prior to joing this group, so I had to go and check out the site, and in all honesty, I wasn't missing much. I've seen nicer skins on a banana.  :roll:
frivolous
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 November 20, 20:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o bebi yes. this site has everything. thank you omg. :]

url=http://www.freewebs.com/death-to-raon/index.htm]Recolours of ugly hair!![/url]

raonsims raonjena
jicour
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 November 21, 02:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Pescado, for your massive balls in doing this!

esus loves Pirates

www.sloganizer.net
notveryawesome
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 November 21, 17:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of thanking Pes and company for the booty, which I really don't care that much about, I would rather thank them for allowing what is truly a medium for free speech. I was recently banned from a forum (non-sims-related) simply for stating a differing opinion (politely, I might add). Such an unfortunate occurance has made me appreciate the fine folks at MATY and PMBD even more than I already did. I do not 'donate' to paysites as a matter of general principle, even though I could easily afford to do so. Thus, I consider PMBD an honourable cause to support. Thanks, guys!

Ach, I'm sorry if I gave anyone cavities with my sickly sweet post.

'm thinking of naming all of my sims Sephora. That way, when one sim yells to another sim that s/he's got a phone call, it will actually make sense.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 November 21, 18:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "notveryawesome"
Instead of thanking Pes and company for the booty, which I really don't care that much about, I would rather thank them for allowing what is truly a medium for free speech. I was recently banned from a forum (non-sims-related) simply for stating a differing opinion (politely, I might add). Such an unfortunate occurance has made me appreciate the fine folks at MATY and PMBD even more than I already did.

I avoided this thread like the plague, but my stance is pretty much this. I get banned from forums on a fairly regular basis for speaking my mind, and it's nice to have a place to vent about sims-related crap. I'd gotten so tired of playing nice.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 November 21, 19:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
I am so tired seeing all of these thank you threads.  Seriously, stop making them before I start deleting every last single one of them.

If you feel you really must say thank you, please do so in this thread.

Ok. I will.

I am what one may consider a moderate pirate. Smiley I do believe there are sites out there that genuinely charge mainly for bandwidth. ("Mainly" is the operative word here.) There is one site I use a lot that simply requested $2.00 US IF users can afford it, and had a nifty little thank-you gift for those who did. This was $2.00 for no fewer than six MONTHS. More, I believe. NOT $2.00 a month or $2.00 a download. No "mesh" games or pity tactics. No "if you share the thank-you gift, you are a criminal". I ponied up the money.

Problem is, I didn't realize how very FEW sites fit into this category. How many cut corners and overcharge. (I learned that the hard way with one service, unfortunately.) How the term "bandwidth" seems to be up for interpretation. How many creators piss away the money and don't stand behind their product. How crappy a lot of these gifts are. I originally grinned with glee when I saw the booty, but much to my surprise, there weren't many files I really wanted. All that glitters is not gold and all that. Thank you to those who took the time to organize the booty.

This board, along with Better Sims, is letting me see the good, the bad and the ugly about paysites .... mostly the bad and the ugly. Being on a super-tight budget makes me picky about giving money to paysites in the first place; this board and my bad experience with a download has made me a LOT more reluctant to give cash to ANY paysite.

So ... thanks for all the work involved in putting this together!
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 November 24, 05:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually I would have avoided to post here, but I've just read somewhere that Pescado HATES thank-you posts, so...

THANK YOU PESCADO!!!!

(I would add some snuggles also, but I've tought that in the end I need that all my bones remain intact, so... Tongue).

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
ugly_duck
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 November 24, 12:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is far the best forum I've been to. Thanks!
And I didn't mention all the burried treasure! Thanks again!

Cap'n Rachel Roughnight
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 November 25, 02:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I absolutely love this site. Cheesy
popsicle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 November 25, 15:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Pescado! I love this site too!
cakewalk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 November 28, 07:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to say you Thank you too, Pescado. I love this site and I agree with the licence agreement to register here: I love the cheese!  :lol:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: