PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:51:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Why does fun things have to turn nasty?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why does fun things have to turn nasty?  (Read 43668 times)
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Why does fun things have to turn nasty?
« Reply #165 on: 2007 May 12, 12:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
Warning
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal.
Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm still trying to figure out what they(all paysites) are  actually attempting to copyright and how they intend to enforce it. I realize all this will be lost as our troll has flown the coupe, maybe they need to read the actual US copyright office web site.

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
Isn't threatening to hack a site illegal as well?  How is one illegal act "less bad" than another?  They removed it, but I got a screenshot. Cheesy

It is the "dirty hands" clause. One is not more guilty than the other and usually in cases where there are "dirty hands" on both sides, judges throw the cases out. OR give damages to both side equal to the other where they cancel each out.

In other words, the only ones that profit in a dirty hands case are the attorneys.

*No, I am not an attorney, but I did study to be one. :lol:

Sadly I did not finish. :cry:  

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 May 12, 12:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you are able to claim a once in a lifetime gift of $100,000 (worth) in the states without it being taxed.  And it has to be all at once, not accumulating, as to the money you get as presents per year, dunno how that works out....Tongue

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2007 May 12, 12:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
I believe you are able to claim a once in a lifetime gift of $100,000 (worth) in the states without it being taxed.  And it has to be all at once, not accumulating, as to the money you get as presents per year, dunno how that works out....Tongue

I need to go read my tax laws again.:lol:

We were only able to gain $10,000.00 tax free as a gift and it had to be from a relative. BUT, yes it was a one time gift and we had to have received it all at once. What they are getting is much like an employee would get from an employer and those are subject to income tax. Maybe I need to claim my husband's salary for the next 50 years as part of the 100,000 tax exempt "gift."  Think it will work? :lol:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 May 12, 13:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whoops too many zeros Wink

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2007 May 12, 14:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
whoops too many zeros Wink

Damn, I thought you knew something I didn't!  :lol:

I still wonder though if i can claim my hubby's income as a "gift."  Cheesy

Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 May 12, 15:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,right now in the US Congress, there's a bill being talked about that would allow the IRS to bully online auction houses, sites like the paysites,small businesses , anything that conducts transactions and makes money online, into giving up their customer's info for tax purposes, as well as crack down on sites that are making "tax-free" income.The biggest concern from all of this is new ways for Identity Theft, and also small businesses that can't afford to go tracking down all their customer's info.

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 May 12, 15:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Egh, no preview would drive me mad Doursim.

Back to the topic-  Even ignoring paysites not paying taxes you also have the problem of those that call them "donations".. You're certainly not donating to a charity organization!  Gaiaonline.com had to stop calling their pay system donations a while back.  It got to the point of "cease and desist or your ass will be fried."

For a citizen in the states, how much money can you be "gifted" before it's taxed?  Isn't it like $1,000 or something a year?

For those that don't hide under the guise of donations, are they reporting how much they earn from their sites on taxes?  I know my dad has to report it if his business makes over $200 that year.

What are the donation/tax laws around the world?  Can Peggy/Rose and the like be reported to their countries' governments?

I'm seriously considering contacting my representatives in Congress over this.  It's just part of a bigger problem.. people avoiding taxes and trying to sell shit that isn't theirs to begin with.

I can only tell about Finnish laws (well I can look it in) but I don't think those two are from Finland.  :?

ll big paysites should be reported to IRS (do it.)
If someone does it, let me know so I can masturbate.

(I made the icon... don't steal my asspirate? Sad )
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 May 12, 21:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*staggers in and randomly smacks fellow pirates on the head*

I'm disappointed in all of you! You dirty pirates of the long, reasonable and articulated speeches!! You have scared the fluffly cutie puppy troll away!!! Next time let's stick to one-liner pointing and laughing posts, arr?
:mrgreen:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 May 12, 22:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*rubs head and glares*
I never ever said that I was reasonable... and trolls are assholes.... and flaming them can be fun, specially when they burn with such pretty, pretty flames.... little fuckers are annoying, but they turn to cinders so prettily before they make an ash of themselves....

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2007 May 12, 23:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"

I'm disappointed in all of you! You dirty pirates of the long, reasonable and articulated speeches!! You have scared the fluffly cutie puppy troll away!!! Next time let's stick to one-liner pointing and laughing posts, arr?

*shuffles feet* sorry for the articulate arguments.  We will stop, and be more like our landlubbing cousins, and claim chilluns.

Cool avi by the way.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 2007 May 12, 23:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
I'm still trying to figure out what they(all paysites) are  actually attempting to copyright and how they intend to enforce it. I realize all this will be lost as our troll has flown the coupe, maybe they need to read the actual US copyright office web site.

Besides, the FBI doesn't have jurisdiction here in Malaysia, anyway.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Nina
ARR!

Asspirate!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 May 12, 23:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My life's complete, I get to stand in a same topic with Pescado.

ll big paysites should be reported to IRS (do it.)
If someone does it, let me know so I can masturbate.

(I made the icon... don't steal my asspirate? Sad )
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 May 13, 00:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I like big words...they are shiny and sparkle nicer then Jewels

Im not good with the little words unless im fighting with my fiance, where it mainly consists of "Bite me?" or "Whatever"

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 May 13, 00:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

Besides, the FBI doesn't have jurisdiction here in Malaysia, anyway.

I cant tell you how many times I've heard people use the FBI for an excuse for trying to "win an argument"

Especially when they are (sometimes?) smart enough to realize that the person they are threatening cannot be touched by the FBI lal.

I think the only time that the FBI were involved here in Australia, was when some bad people were looking at pictures they should not be looking at.

And to be honest, would the FBI really give a damn about a bunch of tax avoiding, law breaking paysites who obviously have more questions to answer then you can fill into those horrible little form boxes you get? (Not seriously ofc)

EXAMPLE:

Please answer why you screw over people for money:

their answer:

_i liek moneyz____________

or something

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 May 13, 00:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

*shuffles feet* sorry for the articulate arguments.  We will stop, and be more like our landlubbing cousins, and claim chilluns.

Aw, s'okay. Articulate arguments make trolls' head 'splode. We can assume that in order to avoid that, Nina's pet didn't even bother to read past the second line of posts that were calmly replying to her stupid shit, and eventually ran off. Let's hope she's busy upgrading herself to a smarter version and will soon kick back in for more fun Cheesy

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: