PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:16:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  paysites get desparate
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: paysites get desparate  (Read 37096 times)
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #90 on: 2007 May 08, 13:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly it.  All the damage she does, she does in PM's.  So most people never get to see the venom.  I've seen some of those PM's.  I've lost a few friends from the community because they were driven away by Lyric.  She was so nasty and abusive to them, they couldn't take it and left.  Some of that stuff bordered on being completely psychotic.  I think Lyric is completely unbalanced.  The PM's I saw, she was really nasty.  She told one of my friends that she had no talent and shouldn't bother going to any other sites with her work because it all sucked.  And her stuff was actually pretty good.  She was totally crushed and stopped making anything after that.  I think I've lost somewhere around six or eight friends in the same way all because of Lyric and her crap.  Lyric hides behind PM's, she wouldn't dare say some of that stuff in public.  Nearly everyone I've met has a war story about her and her psychosis.  I don't know if it's jealousy, insanity, or what, but there is something really wrong with Lyric.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #91 on: 2007 May 08, 15:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to Lieg-First time in a while I'm nearly speechless.  

Just because you talked to the woman once doesn't mean much.. people can be nice every once in a while.  I personally have witnessed and been in the fray of her and her mania.

And this TSR "love paysites/let's be friends/filesharing is ruining our community" crapola by giving out crappy shit is new and Thomas even went as far as to say that she was responsible for the idea and execution of it.

It just really feels like we're talking about two different people here.  You do mean LyricLee, don't you?

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #92 on: 2007 May 08, 17:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I must refrain from posting while dead tired. That post came out almost incoherent and a little sharper than I intended.

What I mean was that yes, I was here when the shit went down. She did some really bad, nasty things like harass and eventually ban people because she personally didn't like them, allowed people to curry favour with her for unfair advantages at MTS2 and S2C, and by far the very worst of all shared the personal information about suspected filesharers with paysites and set up a hidden forum for that purpose. The first few of these things are lamentable, but not particularly remarkable, people do that shit all the time in online communities. She was fired from her position and that should have been that. The last one is totally unforgivable, I don't think she (or anyone who actively participated in the sharing of info) can be trusted again. That shit doesn't fly.

Some of the things she did weren't harmful at all, just rather amusing, like her coming here to condemn us then being caught by Pescado with her fingers in the booty. She scrambled, tried to make up a story to cover her ass, and failed miserably. In this case, she came out with egg on her face but not a whole lot more.

Now, I have spoken to Lyric several times. While I wouldn't say we regularly corresponded or were friends, I did converse with her pretty regularly. Before the shit hit the fan, I used to go to her directly to hear exactly what was going on when the rumour mill started.  By this, I personally think that she is a fairly normal person who let her position go to her head and things got vastly out of hand. She made some really, really stupid mistakes. The information sharing thing was more than appalling, it was borderline, if not actually, illegal.

Now, I am not advocating 'forgive and forget'. I just think that smacking her down with petty drama every time she shows her face just makes her look more and more like a victim to her supporters. Instead, I think holding off on the bitch-slappery until she makes another big mistake makes our position stronger. Why stoop to hounding someone when we can just wait? And if she really has reformed (slim chance, but still), why not leave her to it and hope that in time she will see the light?

You're right Angelica, this thing is new. It's silly and stupid, to be sure. I sure as hell hope it isn't fooling anyone. 'We give these gifts to you as friends!' sounds like the highest form of idiocy. It's like paying people off to say they like you. So lets make sure everyone sees what a ball of shit this thing is rather than fixating on Lyric being behind it.

*edit* And the post that started all of this off was me saying I don't hate Lyric. I don't. I haven't had sufficient cause personally to hate her, I reserve hate for those who have seriously earned it, otherwise it is too time consuming. I can't go around taking that kind of energy hating every person who makes an ass of themselves online. Also, she's human, and probably not a horrible person in her daily life. It's a strange thing how fast you can become someone different in an online community. However, for those of you that were personally harassed by Lyric, then I can understand the strong personal dislike or even hatred. In that case, she earned it. You have every right to hate her.

I kind of made that comment off the cuff anyway because someone made a remark about everyone hating her.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #93 on: 2007 May 08, 19:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hatred takes too many internal resources and time to be worth it.  Why hate when disdain is so much better?

Btw, have you hugged a hater today?

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #94 on: 2007 May 08, 19:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Okay, I must refrain from posting while dead tired. That post came out almost incoherent and a little sharper than I intended.

The internet needs a safety disconnect feature when your alertness drops below a certain level.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #95 on: 2007 May 08, 20:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ghengisjohn"
The internet needs a safety disconnect feature when your alertness drops below a certain level.

I'll drink to that.  Pass the rum.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #96 on: 2007 May 09, 00:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think we've seen the last of Lyric's fouling.  Just a hunch.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #97 on: 2007 May 09, 09:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
I don't think we've seen the last of Lyric's fouling.  Just a hunch.

*Waits for her to hang herself with her own rope*

I'll take some of that rum, please.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #98 on: 2007 May 09, 09:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a pretty funny LyricLee-related moment awhile ago. Apparently, LyricLee Really Hates Delphy. Even more than me, apparently.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #99 on: 2007 May 09, 10:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!!!   Smacks of honey-trap to me Smiley

Our lil friend must be stopped.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #100 on: 2007 May 09, 10:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, WTF?  So LyricLee and this Medico person are forming an army to get MTS2 and S2C offline?  And I was just thinking today that I was going to take Lieg's POV over LL.  What stuff of Delphy's is the booty hosting?  AFAIK, everything he's ever done he's made for free.  And seriously, what happened to LL's new friendly, friend-filled community love?  

An army? I can't get over that.  It's like when we were in elementary and someone would make us mad and we'd gang up on them on the playground.  Way to take the highroad LyricLee.  And is Medico a member here?  Where's the drunken laughing smiley+???

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #101 on: 2007 May 09, 10:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Medico is probably Vampcat or Wintermute.  They're always up to some skullduggery.   It was one of them who implemented the buttocks trick when they were admin at VS (they confessed later).

They make life interesting Smiley

Our lil friend must be stopped.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #102 on: 2007 May 09, 10:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if that is real or not, but it was amusing as hell.

I actually laughed out loud, and I practically never do that with the stuff I read on the computer. Cheesy

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #103 on: 2007 May 09, 10:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

V'well, as you would be well aware of his attrocities, my  companion and I have formed an "Army" against him. This army is divided into 3 corps (so far) Intelligence, (led by my companion) Writing (led by me) and Slander hopefully led by you)

Oh how I rofloled at this! :mrgreen: Lo behold Delphy, here comes the riders of Apocalypse - Intelligence, Writing, Slander and That's So Far! :mrgreen:
You must have some funny reputation, Pescado, if they want you to lead Slander. Cool

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Rmarques
Landlubber

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #104 on: 2007 May 09, 12:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Medico is probably Vampcat or Wintermute.  They're always up to some skullduggery.   It was one of them who implemented the buttocks trick when they were admin at VS (they confessed later).

They make life interesting Smiley

There's actually a guy at S2C that uses the name Medico :/ It could still be one of them in disguise, I don't know...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: