PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 22:28:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that  (Read 43098 times)
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
« Reply #60 on: 2007 May 06, 02:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bliss"
I get the idea of act young, be young, but some people take it pretty far.  There are several women on that forum that I would absolutely hate to run into in meatworld.  I'm willing to bet that many are big, big boxes of crazy just waiting to open up.

Now, now. No need to offend us big boxes of crazy.  :lol:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 May 06, 02:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
Now, now. No need to offend us big boxes of crazy.  :lol:

I literally lulzed at that one!  :lol:

No, seriously, I just think there are a lot more "mothers and spouses" playing this game and frequenting the fora than in other games etc, so they are a lot more visible. I never visit, I don't know, knitting sites (this one is going to earn me a beating), so I never really met this amount of women before. I'm used to chatting with men, to be honest.

I've never been on a knitting site either, and I prefer sports much more than things like gardening, etc...

I love talking to men, and I have a lot more male friends than I do female ones.  I'm not sure why, but it's always been that way.  I used to be a tomboy, and I guess I still am to a degree.   That's probably why a place like Simbella's makes me want to hit something, although that Smoker guy acts just as bad as the females over there.  :roll:
Maz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 May 06, 03:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the idea of act young, be young, but some people take it pretty far.  There are several women on that forum that I would absolutely hate to run into in meatworld.  

That's not acting young, that's acting* immature and stupid.
And congratulation "the meatworld" that's a great word! Cheesy I want it. That says it all, no confusions about "what is real in the real world".
Meat= food and sex. That about covers what's real. Wink

*Acting being used without any references to the actual meaning of the word; to pretend. It's merely filler, ignore it for all purposes.

And...
Only seeing Maz and my cats gets lonely too  :lol:  And boring.

HEY!
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 May 06, 03:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, I'm a girly girl.  I love gossip and chatting about girly things with other women.  I just don't feel the need to add in "OMGZ I LUVS U GUYZ!" with every post.  I just don't need that kind of affirmation added to my life.  Maybe that's why I got turned off from the place.  I wonder if they're just .. insecure and need someone to tell them what a special snowflake they are, constantly.
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 May 06, 03:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Maz"

And congratulation "the meatworld" that's a great word! Cheesy I want it. That says it all, no confusions about "what is real in the real world".
Meat= food and sex. That about covers what's real. Wink

Thanks. I totally stole that word. I'm a WORD THIEF!
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 May 06, 03:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do indeed.

I get the idea of act young, be young, but some people take it pretty far.  

I wonder how much of that is people egging each other on.  They see a few people act like that, and they think that it's the most acceptable way to act on a forum.  Also, they're probably letting out their inhibitions that they can't release in their real world but it's like they have this need to take it to extremes.

Quote from: "MAZ"
HEY!

Poor Maz! :lol:
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 May 06, 03:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"

Is it just me, or do adult married women act worse that the kids sometimes in the Sims community?  It's just something I've noticed over the years while lurking on different fora.

A combination of that and the fact that they tend to make a LOT of goddamned noise about inconsequential things, so they end up ultra-visible.

Argharghargh Simbella is so terrible. I want to take a shit in their collective mouth.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 May 06, 03:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, I'm a girly girl.  I love gossip and chatting about girly things with other women.

I love gossip too, and that's what drew me to this place.  :lol:  

I wonder if they're just .. insecure and need someone to tell them what a special snowflake they are, constantly.

It's entirely possible.  Maybe they're not getting the love or attention they need in their real world, so they try to get what they can online.  It sounds more pitiful than anything else, when you think about it.

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
A combination of that and the fact that they tend to make a LOT of goddamned noise about inconsequential things, so they end up ultra-visible.

That happens a lot offline too, especially when you work for a predominately-female company.  I like other women, but sometimes I feel I have to watch what I say much more than I do with men (most of whom don't really give a crap about a lot of things).

Edited
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 May 06, 03:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"

Argharghargh Simbella is so terrible. I want to take a shit in their collective mouth.

Omg. I have taken a pain pill for a toothache (miserable fucking tooth) and am therefore in a nice hazy sort of way, and THAT made me spit my tea all over my monitor.  You owe me some tea!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2007 May 06, 03:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"OMGZ I LUVS U GUYZ!"

I only say that to people I'm talking to when I'm REEEEEEEALY drunk.

Regarding the high numbers of married women with kids on forums...I think a LOT of women who chose to stay home or have only part time jobs use the internet as an escape. I was very active in the pagan online community in the late 90s, and sat in a new online friend's kitchen once...she would run between the toddler in the living room, the first grader in the dining room, the food cooking on the stove, and the computer. She'd type something or read a post, then run off again. It seemed to be her only means of socialization....and I think as a result, it was easy to go 'high school'. And yes, she was doing this while I was there....it was like an addiction. And there is a level of mob mentality.

At least she had the opportunity for some intelligent conversation...and meeting some cool people (and axe murderers like me).

That's not to excuse Bella's bullshit...that's desparation gone TOO far.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 May 06, 03:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"

I only say that to people I'm talking to when I'm REEEEEEEALY drunk.

Me too, along with "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm drunk!"  I always feel the need to apologize.

And I agree, I do believe that is their only form of socialization, and when one goes "SQUEEE!" the rest follow.

The one MAJOR thing I hate is that ANY ANY ANY thread that has someone with a differing opinion winds up in a slobbery lovefest.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 May 06, 03:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"

That happens a lot offline too, especially when you work for a predominately-female company.  I like other women, but sometimes I feel I have to watch what I say much more than I do with men (most of whom don't really give a crap about a lot of things).

I have similar experiences. I tend to be very forward and blunt, and I find that a lot of women feel as if they're obligated to bullshit around and never really say what they mean. LOL GENDER STEREOTYPES and whatnot.

That, and a certain amount of fear of rejection by their peers (for speaking one's mind, oh noes!) goes into the mix. What results is a lot of passive-aggressive nonsense and a group of otherwise intelligent women acting like pre-teen 'tards.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 May 06, 03:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMGZ I LUVS U GUYZ!

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 May 06, 03:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually amazed they deleted out those posts entirely...that's actually a NEW low for them.

Seriously....what FUCKTARDS. i'm literally seething over their LAMENESS.  :evil:
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 May 06, 03:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMGZ I LUVS U GUYZ!

Okay, MizzKitty, this is spamming.  :wink:   Be advised, that kind of talk scares Pescado.  He'll end up sneaking in to your house and killing you in your sleep.  :lol:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: