PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:19:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that  (Read 40845 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
« Reply #120 on: 2007 May 08, 14:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got an email that sums up what I think of friendship - and how it differs from fake happy-happy slit my wrists type relationships.

True Friendship"

None of that Sissy Crap

Are you tired of those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good,
But never actually come close to reality?

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against
The hateful bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you finally got laid.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much   Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well   Again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask;    "because you are my friend".

Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
But only you can feel the true warmth.

Send this to 10 of your closest friends,
Then get depressed because you can only think of 4.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2007 May 08, 16:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: I love that, Calalily! THNXTHISISGREAT!

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2007 May 08, 19:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "klapaucius"
I got banned from there till 2200. Naturally, I'm crushed.

Is this a record?  Cheesy

Well they might as well ban me for 200 years. They keep only banning me for 100. They've banned me twice.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2007 May 08, 20:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kind of surprised that they haven't banned me yet.  You guys make it sound so damn easy to get banned everywhere. You suck, or they're not as bad as you say they are.  

This was my last post.

*Melissa* wrote:
But doesn't go for life in general? When you start a new job you do not always feel comfortable until you have had time to get to know everybody and find your niche. Or how about when you go to school? You are not always welcome by a group of classmates because you share the same course. It's all about getting to know everybody and getting to the point where you feel comfortable and knowing that being yourself is welcome, not unaccepted.

Yes, but seeing as when I have started jobs, there are people who can see my physical person and reach out to me, it's altogether different. I am already a senior member, with 0 posts, and have dropped in once a month or so, and have never received any overtures, and to be quite honest find it a little difficult to understand how it works here. I only figured out waffles last night. I joined in Oct 2006 - and if after 6 months at a new casual job I couldn't talk to anyone or figure out how to, then I would surely quit.

And if I were to try to break into a group, then I certainly wouldn't pick the group of people standing in a closed circle agreeing with each other, and talking of life details I know nothing about.

*Melissa* wrote:
And then they say we are rude or mean, well, like we would be welcome at that forum with open arms. I do not think so and quite honestly, I do not really care.

Actually I quite disagree here. Many others, and indeed, well known creators have been to a site that I will not name, and welcomed. Even dissenters are welcomed, if not goaded.

Philip blue owl wrote:
In the case of some specific PMs I believe you're referencing, they were shared by at least one of the people who received them. It seems clear that the people who received them -- even for something they were asking about -- felt that there was something about them that was questionable and they forwarded them. Others have spoken more knowledgeably on that topic.

Yes, but here, they were not sanctioned for bad behaviour, but rather for answering questions - which led to comparisons of East Germany - where information is not a good thing. For having knowledge - not proof of misdeeds, nor of breaking TOS, just information.

This information sharing was not designed to hurt anyone - just to be known. I know the information of which they speak, and yet just this admission it seems is enough to get me banned. Even participating in forums other than here is enough to get me banned, despite the fact that I have followed all of the rules here. I have never seen a forum where acknowledgement of other web history or participation is a reason to ban you.

Mind you, there was a sharp increase of people searching "calalily" on google - I know that because they used it as a referral to my site.  Must have been searching for my misdeeds.  :lol: And here I am.

Of course the mods asked for a hiatus - which I will abide (*this must be my problem with banning - I actually can't bring myself to wilfully break the rules*) but they may just be taking the opportunity to find out my history and make me not a ban virgin.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 May 08, 20:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oo, Cala, I love you!

You point out the logical gaps in their posts but you do it without flaming anyone or without breaking their (absurd) rules.

My hat is off to you, madam!

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 2007 May 08, 20:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason I don't get banned is because I usually can't be arsed to post and just lurk about. Besides, it's nice to be able to infiltrate all those big bad sites (even if I never go there) ... So when I say I'm working on my first ban, what I mean is - I'm still trying to persuade myself that it's worth it.  :lol:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: 2007 May 08, 20:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oo, Cala, I love you!

You point out the logical gaps in their posts but you do it without flaming anyone or without breaking their (absurd) rules.

My hat is off to you, madam!

*Where is the blush icon* Just feel sorry for the ickle first years I teach - ethics no less - the poor things never win their arguments.  But flame them and you're out of a job.  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2007 May 08, 20:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfucking believable.

OK listen, you are right I was wrong. I banned An-na for the wrong reasons. I didn't have all the info about Lynn at that time. It was a wrong reaction made with the wrong intentions... which where an emotional reaction upon a lot of things going on in my life. I have to say though that Anna could have easely asked me to do so herself, this whole debate really wasn't necesary. I found a letter from Anna in my email and she's perfectly capable to express her feelings about me. She could have just asked in stead of insulting me .... really....

But anyway, I admit I was wrong and I apologize for that. I will un-ban Anna who'll have to ask someone on crew to have her new username deleted. Having 2 usernames is also against our TOU. Also the info provided is wrong... I'm pretty sure her surname isn't 'na'. I'll give her 2 day's to do this. I think that that is fair enough.

End of discussion as far as I am concerned. If you still have unanswered questions that you want me to answer then please ask me through PM. I just don't have the energy to dig through all these pages. Because yes, I do have a life, a job, a family ... and a long to-do list.

Bella

Hope Anna is happy.

Visit Calalilysims

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 May 08, 20:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
Quote from: "klapaucius"
I got banned from there till 2200. Naturally, I'm crushed.

Is this a record?  Cheesy

Well they might as well ban me for 200 years. They keep only banning me for 100. They've banned me twice.

Am I the only one who hasnt been a member on this site? I feel left out from all the banning...maybe I should go and get banned..it seems quite easy, just dont say what they want the sheep to say!  :wink:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 May 08, 20:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
Am I the only one who hasnt been a member on this site? I feel left out from all the banning...maybe I should go and get banned..it seems quite easy, just dont say what they want the sheep to say!  :wink:

I signed up and have been there exactly once to read the latest stupidity while it was only just starting page 3. It made me physically ill. I have decided to refrain from logging onto that site unless it's an emergency.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 May 08, 21:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good job, Calalily (ooops.... Calaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiya Wink).

Also, I would add to your post about friendship another bit; my favourite definition of friendship:

"A friend is someone who knows all about you, and still likes you anyway".

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 May 08, 21:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
I signed up and have been there exactly once to read the latest stupidity while it was only just starting page 3. It made me physically ill. I have decided to refrain from logging onto that site unless it's an emergency.

Well I am not going to a site that will make me physical ill, even if I do want to laugh at sheepiness and suckieupieness and other words which end in 'ness'....TSR has already made me come out in a fever - Simbella may kill me!

...Although I would love to be banned for 200 years...have never done that before  :lol:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2007 May 08, 21:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good job, Calalily (ooops.... Calaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiya ).

Yerrs. I must now be called Caliliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiya at all times.  I actually joined there in my resourceful days - prebooty - to get that reflective floor - the shiny one you see everywhere.

Give them credit though - they did back down.

Visit Calalilysims

HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 May 08, 21:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, me being banned was not because I said something particular, or particularly dangerous in my posts, and I don't believe my language was  offending either (I merely mentioned their obvious head-up-in-the-ass problem but 1. it was only in the last of a long series of averagely polite posts that were being deleted one after the other for NO reason, 2. it was, sadly for them, just the plain truth).

Heck I didn't even mention the SFV, for I  did not intend it for me to be there in order to just be silly and pointlessly annoyoing. I didn't say anything new, nor I intended to, what I wanted was to instead just keep reposting Hecubus' post asking for explanations because I truly couldn't - and still can't - accept that a post simply gets fucking DELETED in a forum where they otherwise sugarcoat in a sickly way every thing about their supposedly welcoming and warm selves (and their special, oh so sweet corner of the world). I never understood deleting ANY posts whatsoever, actually, and I can't bring myself to accept that or to even try and start a conversation with people who not only do so, but do it in a painfully idiotic, gleeful and self-satisfied manner, like it's some kind of particularly smart and funny joke. So I did the way I did because I didn't care a flying fuck about the chance of being banned, but these people have managed  to disgust me to no end nonetheless *insert barfing icon here*

So yeah maybe they did back down. They still suck big time, unfortunately  :mrgreen:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2007 May 08, 22:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got banned from there twice in less than a week, LOL.

Sarah (^..^)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: