PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:43:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  You know the funny thing...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You know the funny thing...  (Read 54200 times)
avic
ARR!

View Profile
You know the funny thing...
« Reply #210 on: 2006 November 14, 05:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"

I'm surprised that the word 'McCarthyism' hasn't been used yet. Because that is exactly what that type of attitude is (minus the whole 'loss of job and ruined their life' deal).

Before any of you young'uns ask: McCarthyism (read the second paragraph and replace 'communist' with 'file-sharer').

:lol:  I'm not old enough to have lived through it, but I'm well-familiar with the term and the history.  Definitely a black mark on American history.  And yeah, I'd say it's an accurate comparison.
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2006 November 14, 05:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you donated within the last couple of weeks you can probably be assured your info was compared with others info. They think the more subs people have the more likely they are to be file sharer. The only way to know how many subs a person has is to share the info of all.

Oh yea, I wanted to say that yes this thread is all over the place which is really quite sad because it would have been a nice thread for people coming here trying to decide if they agreed or disagreed with us.
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2006 November 14, 06:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"
If you donated within the last couple of weeks you can probably be assured your info was compared with others info. They think the more subs people have the more likely they are to be file sharer. The only way to know how many subs a person has is to share the info of all.

Oh yea, I wanted to say that yes this thread is all over the place which is really quite sad because it would have been a nice thread for people coming here trying to decide if they agreed or disagreed with us.

Good point (re: whether your info's gone all over the place).  Good grief.

As for the thread, I don't mind, personally.  I feel as though I've actually gotten to know a couple of faces in here :-)  But I also see where you're coming from, and that (getting input from various sides) was why I started the thread.  I'd have no issue if the powers that be wanted to split the thread so that there's an on-topic thread.  Somewhat nicely, we have managed to come back to various aspects of the issue and the thread has yet to erupt in flames :-) :knock on wood:  

Speaking of erupt in flames, I'm bouncing back and forth between here and my sims game, and I just had my sim set himself on fire with... CREPES SUZETTE.  No joke.  First time I've seen that.  I seriously didn't plan it, either, but it's kinda wild.

Edit:  The sim did NOT make it.  He burned to a crisp right as the fire truck pulled up.  And no, "child" aged sims can't plead, and it's 45 sim minutes 'til the wife gets home from work.  Uh, yeah.  Thank god there's an heir  :shock:
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2006 November 14, 09:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww, sorry about your crispy Sim, Avic. Did your Sim child get taken away by the social worker? I remember one time that I had extraordinarily bad luck when I had an adult Sim looking after his wife's two kids while she was at work and he had a satellite fall on him! The Social Worker, caring naught for the tragic wailings of the children, snatched them away before the mother could return home from work.  :evil:
spookymuffin
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2006 November 14, 10:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will never look at crepes suzette the same way again, or baked alaska for that matter
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2006 November 14, 12:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it weird if I get hungry when they cook? Am I the only one?
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2006 November 14, 13:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch, Denimjo - it wasn't quite that bad.  The otherwise useless nanny was there.  

And Coliss, nope.  Depending on what I have them cook, I get a little hungry, too.  I actually looked up a recipe for Lobster Thermidor.  As I recall, it seemed a bit beyond my cooking skills and a bit more trouble than it's worth, too LOL
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2006 November 14, 13:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it weird when I'm hungry and I cook and lose my hunger?  :lol:

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2006 November 14, 16:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "avic"
I actually looked up a recipe for Lobster Thermidor.  As I recall, it seemed a bit beyond my cooking skills and a bit more trouble than it's worth, too LOL

I actually made lobster thermidor on Sunday! Cheesy Lidl was selling frozen lobsters, and I'd never had lobster before...Lobster = yum, Lobster thermidor = Tricky and time-consuming...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2006 November 14, 16:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

I actually made lobster thermidor on Sunday! Cheesy Lidl was selling frozen lobsters, and I'd never had lobster before...Lobster = yum, Lobster thermidor = Tricky and time-consuming...

Me too! I used the recipe in the little recipe booklet they gave me when I bought the lobster, it was a pain, especially as I'm not much of a cook, but it was very tasty. I still have one lobster in the freezer, but I think I'll try something less challenging with it.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2006 November 14, 17:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yey, we're Lidl twins!! Cheesy

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2006 November 14, 18:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, y'all MUST share.  How hard was it, scale of one to ten?  Just as an FYI, I can cook a turkey, and I make a mean pot-roast and an even better brisket.  So I'm not exactly a slouch in the kitchen, though not gourmet cook level either.

And how good was it?  Worth the effort in your opinion?  Enquiring (and salivating) minds want to know (what's for dinner) ;-)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2006 November 14, 18:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scale of one to ten, I'd say about a 7, maybe 8 depending on how patient you are. The trickiest part is the sauce, which is the time-consuming part, it's got to be made really slowly, over a low heat, with all reducing and so on, it's a very gentle sort of cooking it...the rest of it is pretty straightforward, as long as you keep an eye on it.

And it really was delicious, well worth the effort, lobster is lovely, but the one I had was pretty small, I felt the thermidoring of it bulked it out somewhat...Cheesy

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2006 November 14, 19:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:plans a trip to the seafood department:
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2006 November 14, 19:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Scale of one to ten, I'd say about a 7, maybe 8 depending on how patient you are.

Yup, I'd say a 7 too, though I imagine it gets easier with practice. And it was yummy.

The lobster was pretty small, especially compared to the ones I've seen served in restaurants, but I'm not complaining, not for only £5.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: