PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:42:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  You know the funny thing...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You know the funny thing...  (Read 54217 times)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Re: You know the funny thing...
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 13, 19:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HotNWet"
Quote from: "avic"
In looking at some of the posts on here listing this reason and that reason... it's funny how you can lie to yourself, eh?  The bottom line is, the people downloading these files are stealing.  And if they're okay with that, fine.  But please, don't hide behind "Paysites are crap" and whatever other dozen excuses you can come with - you're still stealing.  If you don't agree with paysites, fine - don't subscribe to them.  That's the honest thing to do.  Anything else is just making excuses for thievery.

YOUR PROBEBLY SOME RETARD HATING HIS LIFE BECAUSE HE DONATED TO THE PAYSITES AND DIDNT RELIZE THERE WAS A SITE LIKE THIS SHUT THE FUCK UP HUN AND GO GET A LIFE, OH AND WATCH YOUR SIMS WOOHOOING CAUSE THATS THE CLOSEST YOULL GET TO A REAL FUCK ASSHOLE.  :oops: Muah**Kisses**

HotNWet. Shush. Please. That's not the way we play here. SRSLY. LURK MOAR.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Benjamina
Landlubber

View Profile
You know the funny thing...
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 13, 20:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  I looked at the sites that were up for grabs, but I haven't downloaded the first thing.  Of course, this is my work computer, not my home one, so you only have my word on that, but hey :-)

Henceforth you are implying by stating that because you are at work, and cannot or will not download at work, that you will not download there, but should you be at home, hey anything's fair game and you would download were you at home.

And of course by all means it is okay to waste your company's time and money on this forum debating this issue...lol.  You are in essence STEALING their money by not doing whatever it is they pay you to actually do.  Certainly you cannot tell me that they pay you to sit there and debate this issue.

So in your eyes I see that stealing in some instances is okay...

ll right. No more Ms. Nice Guy.
Swashbuckler
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 13, 20:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theres confusion between legal and ethical issues here. Neither unauthorised redistribution of these files, nor selling them in the first place is illegal, but could be seen as very unethical(ofcourse thats subjective).  Anyway it seems you missed the purpose of this website, not being to share/steal content for the greater good with those who can't afford it, but simply because *Paysites Must Be Destroyed!*  

Fan art becoming business isn't illegal here but its wrong, stealing that art isn't illegal but still wrong.  So do two wrongs make a right? Depends which side you are on really.

Sure the honest thing to do would be to not download here or from the paysites if you want.  You as one that wouldn't have subscribed to the nonesense anyway wouldn't even be contributing to the destruction of paysites by downloading it here.
HotNWet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 13, 20:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
In looking at some of the posts on here listing this reason and that reason... it's funny how you can lie to yourself, eh?  The bottom line is, the people downloading these files are stealing.  And if they're okay with that, fine.  But please, don't hide behind "Paysites are crap" and whatever other dozen excuses you can come with - you're still stealing.  If you don't agree with paysites, fine - don't subscribe to them.  That's the honest thing to do.  Anything else is just making excuses for thievery.

YOUR PROBEBLY SOME RETARD HATING HIS LIFE BECAUSE HE DONATED TO THE PAYSITES AND DIDNT RELIZE THERE WAS A SITE LIKE THIS SHUT THE FUCK UP HUN AND GO GET A LIFE, OH AND WATCH YOUR SIMS WOOHOOING CAUSE THATS THE CLOSEST YOULL GET TO A REAL FUCK ASSHOLE.  :oops: Muah**Kisses**

lol im sorry i just wanted to hate on him, like wut an asshole lol i love this site i adore this site!!! omg hes calling us theifs if i saw him on the streets i would beat him with my gucci purse!!!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 13, 20:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've gained something in a way that was not intended, against the owner's wishes.  How is that not stealing?  

I don't want to restate anything that's already been said about EA copyright ect.  However, CC in the sims was intended to be shared freely.  Read the EULA (non-profit), read any interviews with the games creator Will Wright and he advocates the open sharing of custom content, and then ponder the fact to why EA would go through the efforts of hosting an exchage.  Seems pretty clear to me that EA ("the owners" -- and with all the information we have from EA and EULA there is no argument in this) wants us to have these files.

As for honesty, I want some honesty from paysite owners, who are breaking the law, who are charging against the terms in the EULA, instead of the dozen of excuses they seem to have as to why they should be able to charge such prices for their content.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 13, 20:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhhh, yeah.  I'm blown away by your intelligence... :roll:
HotNWet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 13, 20:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG OMG I WANNA BE SMART 2 ... OKAY HERE I GOOO UMMMMMMMMM OKAY THE REASON WHY SIMS 2 IS SO POPULAR ITS BECAUSE OF CUSTOM CONTENT SO BY ENABLING PAYSITES NOT MANY USERS WILL BE ABLE TO GET THE CUSTOM CONTENT... SOOO NOT MANY PEOPLE will be interested in the sims because not 2 many people will be able to get the custom content... buttom line is ea wants FREE content so there game could keep on selling "and if that doesnt make sense it makes sense to me, so ima keep on downloading" omg im SMART!  :lol:
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 13, 20:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol im sorry i just wanted to hate on him, like wut an asshole lol i love this site i adore this site!!! omg hes calling us theifs if i saw him on the streets i would beat him with my gucci purse!!!

I'm sure you would. But we get it a lot here, so, like, don't be a hater. Smiley

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
HotNWet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 13, 20:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhhh, yeah.  I'm blown away by your intelligence... :roll:

lol shutup u luv it!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 November 13, 20:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HotnWet, please stop posting in all-caps.  It's annoying as hell.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 13, 20:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Troll? Or just idiot?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 November 13, 20:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Benjamina"

Henceforth you are implying by stating that because you are at work, and cannot or will not download at work, that you will not download there, but should you be at home, hey anything's fair game and you would download were you at home.

And of course by all means it is okay to waste your company's time and money on this forum debating this issue...lol.  You are in essence STEALING their money by not doing whatever it is they pay you to actually do.  Certainly you cannot tell me that they pay you to sit there and debate this issue.

So in your eyes I see that stealing in some instances is okay...

Nope, I won't download from home, either.  As for stealing from my boss, I'm blessed enough that I don't have to engage in "busy work".  Once my work is done, I can goof off, but I still have to be here until 4:30.  So.
HotNWet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 November 13, 20:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
HotnWet, please stop posting in all-caps.  It's annoying as hell.
lol but im suppose to be yelling!!!!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 November 13, 20:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kinda distracts from having a serious conversation with someone.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
HotNWet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 November 13, 20:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Troll? Or just idiot?

who are you talking about?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »