PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 00:20:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Simsweb pl.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simsweb pl.  (Read 25944 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 09, 17:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My shits aren't at all terrifying - they're boring - but Masters of Horror 2 was more boring than my shits.  Although I'll come to your house and pinch one off for your weekend entertainment if you like  :lol:   It's not a good horror movie if you can guess the ending in the first five minutes, and it's full of horrible oversexualising of characters.  

Every single MoH2 was full of sex - not enough gore - it's got to do with the recent "sex and death" move - because they get the same rating for gore as they do for sex, they think they have to appeal to the pervy teenage boy demographic.  There was one that bored me to tears, which for 45 minutes showed a man and his mistress (and he was fat, hairy, and looked smelly) fucking all episode, and I forget why, he goes crazy and starts skinning her. LAME.

I watched most of them hoping for some of the truly great horror stories like the first series, but every single one sucked. They just suckity suck suck sucked.  

But a good horror movie I would recommend is "The Descent" - made by the same director who made "Dog Soldiers" - which I think personally rocked. Mucho nuevo concept, true jump out of your skin moments, and plenty of good violence.  Cheesy

As for the vampire thing - it depends how warm you like your bodies.  Maybe that's important to some, but here in sweaty Australia, I dream of a half frozen man.  As for the whole "dead body" thing - he's not decaying - sex with a zombie would be icky, but sex with a vampire - that would be fine.  No falling off bits anyway.   :shock:

It's the whole "killer" thing that would put me off a vampire.  I wouldn't object to anything else but the killer thing - to come in and give you a kiss hello with the blood of some waitress or school kid on his lips - ugh!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 09, 17:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
Quote from: "alia"
I cannot even begin to describe how disturbing I find the whole concept. I'm not calling HawkGirl or anyone else who likes vampires a pervert, but have you really thougth about it. I mean, really? :roll:

Obviously not as throughly as you have.  :lol:

Hehe, I think way too literally. :lol:

Seriously, I started thinking about this when I read some Deception Pass and all the fangirls were like: "OMG, Tristan and James are so sexy!!!11!" and I just wanted to scream at them: "They are not sexy, they are dead!!!"

The whole killer aspect is of course a huge turn off, I was thinking that if I'd have sex with a vampire it would have to be one of the reformed ones, a la Angel or Spike, but then realised that it would still be icky because they are dead. :lol:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 09, 18:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Descent was great! The first part of the movie was as scary as the second part (when the boogie men showed up) I had the squeemies just watching them nearly be buried alive and roping over the crevasse.

I am crazy for zombie movies....hope Resident Evil (the 3rd part) is scary.

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 09, 18:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
Quote from: "HawkGirl"

Don't zombies eat brains or something? I might sleep with a vampire if all he did was nibble a little.

I've never understood why people found vampires sexy. Okay, if I slept with one, he might be sufficiently... rigid (ehh, I kill me!) but other than that vampires are dead. So it would be having sex with a dead body. An animated dead body, but still dead. And their body temperature would be close to the room temperature. Eww! And no heartbeat. :shock:

I cannot even begin to describe how disturbing I find the whole concept. I'm not calling HawkGirl or anyone else who likes vampires a pervert, but have you really thougth about it. I mean, really? :roll:

roflmbo, ok now you just went and made me choke on my coffee. I was just saying if I had to choose between a zombie and a vamp. It would have to be the vamp at least I wouldn't walk down the street with part of my brains hanging out looking for more brains to eat, all slumped over and green looking. That's just not a pretty picture.  :twisted:

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 09, 18:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO
Yeah, The Descent is awesome, I bought that one, too. I'd seen it first, though, so it was a GOOD buy...lol. The first time the damn creature pops up beside her I threw popcorn all over the bed. I swear the bowl just jumped out my hands, I swear!
Then I had a lovely time picking kernals out of my hair... :shock:

I adore a good horror flick. I think my favorite would have to be IT. I know it was made for TV and it's full of bad acting...lol...but as IT was the first book I ever read that gave me nightmares, at age 8, it's a personal thing, I suppose.

Right-o.
 :wink:

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 09, 18:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ry, that is funny! But have to admit the clown was creepy as hell in IT.

REST STOP is a good one. Was on SCi-Fi channel.....Joey Lawrence was in it. When the girl had to shoot him.....oh my....nearly jumped up into the ceiling fan! The weird family does make me think of Jan tho...

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 09, 18:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

roflmbo, ok now you just went and made me choke on my coffee. I was just saying if I had to choose between a zombie and a vamp. It would have to be the vamp at least I wouldn't walk down the street with part of my brains hanging out looking for more brains to eat, all slumped over and green looking. That's just not a pretty picture.  :twisted:

No, no, no Hawkgirl! You can't just measure the benefits of being a zombie or a vampire on purely aesthetic concerns! As a vampire, while you may look cool, you have to pay out or steal in order to afford your clothing and fancy hair products. Which means either working the graveyard shift, running some internet scam site, or becoming a really good pickpocket, gambler and/or thief (unless, of course, you were some kind of count before it happened).

Admittedly, you have hundreds of years to perfect these skills, but they aren't going to be there when you've just turned and you're stuck in the outfit you wore the night you were bitten. Sadly, that outfit was put together for "80's night" at your local bar and consists of a Whitesnake t-shirt, acid wash miniskirt and cowboy boots (not to mention the wall of bangs you teased your hair into). As well, because you are so fashionably out of date (and not attractively so) none of those snobby old vampires are going to want to give you a hand (those jerks!).

Meanwhile as a zombie, while you might look terrible, be surrounded by flies, and smell like aged cheese, you can behave however you want (yes, I admit, that behaviour will consist of dragging yourself around city streets looking for brains). Other zombies are not judgemental and so there's no need to worry there, and there is no need to fit into regular human society. As well, you get hurt, you don't even feel it, which is a handy benefit over being a vampire because they look like they are in pain when they get injured even though it heals up okay.

See alia, you're not the only one who can think about this too hard.  :oops:
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 09, 19:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I love a good scary movie even the cheesy ones like the Lost Boys. Right now my favorite horror movie is Stay alive. It about a video game that will kill you if you play it. They even based the villain in the game on a 16th century countess that did a lot of horrible things. Though of course being an American movie they took her and moved her to America.
   Oh, I hate the movie it, I absolutely can't stand clowns. I am scared to death of them.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 09, 19:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think I'd rather do a vamp - no mess, no fuss, and have to steal vs. brains needing to be put back in?  Not to mention the whole regeneration that vamps have, vs. the permanent damage that zombies get.  Cut off a vamps hand, it regenerates. Cut off the zombie hand, it's off forever.  Furthermore, zombies are deeply stupid - they don't even try to stop anyone's evil schemes - they hold gas bottles above their heads etc.  

As far as what you wore - that's only a concern if you ever bought or wore anything miniskirt, acid wash, whitesnake, or cowboy.  The worst I could wake up in would be black, or wine, or darkest blue.  In fact, I am perfectly suited to be turned into a vampire at any time - I have the lipstick colours and eyeliner and everything - I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference - except I'd stop tanning.  :lol: I am always dressed for the occasion.  Not to mention, who would ditch flying for lurching?

I just saw "The Descent" two nights ago - I avoided it because I confused it with "The Cave" which sucked. Almost spilt my coffee when she's in the eating chamber.  I also loved 28 days later - just the best movie.  Another favourite at the moment is "The Wicker Man" - not the lame 2006 version, which again, suckity suck suck sucked, but the 1973 version with Christopher Lee.

And for my alltime bad schlock horror - "The Lair of the White Worm" - replete with dick biting vampire type bitches, and bad bagpipes obsession - starring Richard E. Grant and pretty boy guy from "Bridget Jones diary".

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 09, 21:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To Ry:  We all float down here...

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 10, 01:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it is true that vampires will regenerate missing limbs and the like, you have to imagine that they are going to scream like babies the minute that bit of flesh is chopped off. Plus, they're out of action until it comes back or someone is kind enough to send them some vampire morphine or some such thing. The zombie on the other hand, while that leg is not going to come back, is probably not going to care. Lost your arm in a zombie feeding frenzy? Who cares! Maggots are eating your calf muscles? Whatever! Peter shot you in the stomach? All's well!

If nothing else, Calalily, you at least have to admire that zombie tenacity. Nothing gets them down! Most vampires I've seen spend all of their time moping around their crypts (although I admit there must be some exceptions here). As for your outfits, you may be prepared but that doesn't mean everyone is. I also think that there must be vampires just bored enough to wait around until they see someone in baggy sweatpants and a t-shirt with the Tasmanian Devil on it, and then turn them just for kicks. At any rate be careful if you decide to go out in that "Members Only" jacket you own is all I'm saying.

The (first) Wicker Man is a great and hilarious movie, and a personal fave of mine. I'm not sure it compares to the amazing "Burnt Offerings" (1976), though. "Burnt Offerings" has both Burgess Meredith and Bette Davis in it, and has the greatest line ever, "They've got Ding dongs! A whole case of them!" (or something like that). Priceless.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 10, 01:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

roflmao @ Calalily and Mando. I think I am going to stick with Calalily on this one. I run around in jeans and a t-shirt so I should be good to go for at least another 100 years. If not, I'll start my own little vampire army and make them do all the work. Run by the blood bank, etc...(thanks for the hint)guess I'll have to make sure a doctor is one so I can stock up on vampire moraphine. Couldn't get those zombies to do a thing, they'd just look at you like your stupid. Can't walk. I don't imagine they'd be great conversationalist either with their brains oozing out the side of their heads. So there you'd sit for 1,000's of years going brains or oooooo. Still not a pretty picture.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 10, 02:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

It's the whole "killer" thing that would put me off a vampire.  I wouldn't object to anything else but the killer thing - to come in and give you a kiss hello with the blood of some waitress or school kid on his lips - ugh!

The ethical vampire only kills The Evildoer...rapists, murderers, drug dealers, etc. (LeStat, Betsy Thompson, etc.)

Still watching you guys
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 10, 02:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lestat isn't consistent, though, at least not in the books before Blood and Gold (I have all books, just haven't felt like Anne Rice in years) ... I mean, he tries to only off evil-doers, but it's like really bad sex: He gets off but he doesn't get satisfied. It's when he kills an old innocent lady who reaches out and thinks he's an angel that he really feels ecstasy.

Also, Lestat is evil. In an innocent way that doesn't really mean the harm but he is. Which is personally why I love him. Grin

Mmmm vampires... Have to agree to disagree with you there, alia. I have a huge thing for vampires. They aren't really dead, more like they used to be people and now they're demons / magical beings and don't need trivial stuff like body heat, breath and heartbeat.

Also, can you imagine their stamina?

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 10, 02:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

roflmao @ Calalily and Mando. I think I am going to stick with Calalily on this one. I run around in jeans and a t-shirt so I should be good to go for at least another 100 years. If not, I'll start my own little vampire army and make them do all the work. Run by the blood bank, etc...(thanks for the hint)guess I'll have to make sure a doctor is one so I can stock up on vampire moraphine. Couldn't get those zombies to do a thing, they'd just look at you like your stupid. Can't walk. I don't imagine they'd be great conversationalist either with their brains oozing out the side of their heads. So there you'd sit for 1,000's of years going brains or oooooo. Still not a pretty picture.

It all depends on if you have any design on that t-shirt at all, I'm afraid. If there's the Dukes of Hazard car, or "I'm With Stupid" written on it, I think you're in trouble. Plus, keep in mind that if you have a vampire army doing all of your work for you, you're going to have to have a place for them to sleep off the daylight and afford to keep them kitted out in the latest vampire fashions. I certainly hope that you have crates full of black leather pants, ruffley shirts, and 18th century jackets somewhere, otherwise you are going to have a mutiny on your hands!

As for vampire morphine, fine, I'll give you vampire morphine (although I'm pretty sure I just made it up :lol: ). However, zombies don't need morphine, vampire or otherwise, as they feel no pain. Come on, no pain!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: