PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:43:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Huzzah! New Killmark coming?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Huzzah! New Killmark coming?  (Read 19138 times)
mogran
Landlubber

View Profile
Huzzah! New Killmark coming?
« Reply #60 on: 2007 April 09, 23:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe this has already been said about hchangeri and her affinity for atlas shrugged and john galt...just throw pointy objects at me if it already has, but it really pisses me off when people use ayn rand's philosophy or whatever to show how smart and super awesome they are. i've read both atlas shrugged and the fountainhead and the whole thought process behind them is so elitist for lack of a better term. only people that fit specific qualifications of super capitalism and intelligence and particular aesthetic principles need apply. minus the super capitalism, what does hchangeri bring to the table? there's no way she would be one of ayn rand's chosen...
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2007 April 10, 11:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's been said, but I have certainly thought that too.
*NB* I haven't read any Rand, only about her so this is from an almost completely uninformed position.
The philosophy seems to be that the highly skilled and able (self diagnosed "betters") should be completely devoid of altruism and philanthropic tendencies. Her incredible ego encourages her to use this philosophy to justify her selfishness but I fail to see how what HChangeri does qualifies her for this and the level of recompense she expects exceeds her abilities and contributions by such a degree as makes her love of Rand more laughable.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 April 10, 11:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Enelar"
Using laws and guilt? Kinda like Paysite owners?  :roll:

Ah, but the law isn't actually on the side of paysite owners, so all they really have is guilt. I, however, as a black-hearted pirate, have no guilt.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 April 10, 13:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I don't know if it's been said, but I have certainly thought that too.
*NB* I haven't read any Rand, only about her so this is from an almost completely uninformed position.
The philosophy seems to be that the highly skilled and able (self diagnosed "betters") should be completely devoid of altruism and philanthropic tendencies. Her incredible ego encourages her to use this philosophy to justify her selfishness but I fail to see how what HChangeri does qualifies her for this and the level of recompense she expects exceeds her abilities and contributions by such a degree as makes her love of Rand more laughable.

That is the basic premise of The Fountainhead.  However, HChangeri seems to identify more with Atlas Shrugged, different book whole other set of ideals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged

Its not an ideal of elitism or being the "elitist chosen". It doesn't matter if you are Bill Gates, a blue collar worker, or a granny who bakes and sells pies.
Shadow
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 April 10, 15:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there going to be a kill mark for CocoSims?
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 April 11, 08:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Shadow"
Is there going to be a kill mark for CocoSims?

Already been a killmark for CocoSims  Cheesy  Huzzah!!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 April 11, 11:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We didn't get a proper killmark for those because we have to be implicated in some element of their closing. In this case, the shirt gives us the credit.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Rabbit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 April 27, 13:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got a free simshost acount you can download all the pay stuff for free until it closes. So it's kinda worth getting a free account now.....
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 April 27, 15:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it closes, that'll be an issue for Graveyard.

Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2007 April 29, 04:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything you'll ever need to know about Atlas Shrugged.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: