PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:39:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Just to cover bandwidth, eh?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just to cover bandwidth, eh?  (Read 11001 times)
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Just to cover bandwidth, eh?
« on: 2007 April 28, 15:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anything like this have been brought up before, feel feel to slap me around a bit if that's the case, but this just made my slightly intoxicated blood boil  :evil:

I have a site with a guestbook thingie that uses google ads. Oh, OK, I never thought about it too much, until now, when the ads obviously have realised that it's a sim site that I have:

Those bastards make enough money on their sucky-ass-sucky shitpiles of downloads to BUY google ad space?

Seriously!

And they're in MY guestbook, on MY site!  :x

I don't know if I should just take the guestbook down and find another one that doesn't use google ads. Too bad, becuse those 60-something entries stroke my ego so nicely...  :roll:

Edited some grammar errors/typos. See if you can find the rest

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 28, 15:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked

Poor Berg...  :cry:

No, seriously. That is... I'm tempted to say whack, but that word is largely unnatural to me... So... I lack a word.

:!:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 28, 15:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kill it.  It will make you feel cleansed Smiley

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 28, 15:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The google adspace deal is easy to get into, and doesn't cost that much for a posting like that. In fact, (if memory serves...I could go look on the site but I'm too lazy), you only pay based on hits.

I'm just sorry that you got an ad with such a crappy site.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 28, 15:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh but I heard you could block particular ads?

Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 28, 15:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teadrinker: Really? It sounds too good to be true, but I haven't looked it up. But it's not ME being part of Google Adsense or whateveritscalled, really, it's the site where I got the guestbook and I don't think they'd give a rat's ass about which ads I want or not Wink No, it's gotta go.

Will you all spam my new guestbook?  Tongue

Hebucus:
I just checked it up briefly and you're correct, it seems you can adjust the costs to what you think you can afford.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 28, 16:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, interesting. So if they pay by hits...wouldn't it hurt more if we pummel them with hits? Isn't it therefore a *GOOD* thing to let them advertise it, particularly if you link to PMBD at the same time, thus insuring that any clickers are "empty" and provide ad hits they have to pay for while generating no revenue?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 28, 16:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did my name get onto that?  I have never used a guest book

Modo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 28, 16:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we clicked the hell out of the adverts, not only would google detect the same IPs are doing it, but it is the site which has allowed google to advertise on their site, who get the money.

So basicly we would be wasting our time giveing the guest book site money.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 28, 16:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
Will you all spam my new guestbook?  Tongue

Of course, dear  Smiley

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 28, 16:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Hmm, interesting. So if they pay by hits...wouldn't it hurt more if we pummel them with hits? Isn't it therefore a *GOOD* thing to let them advertise it, particularly if you link to PMBD at the same time, thus insuring that any clickers are "empty" and provide ad hits they have to pay for while generating no revenue?

Great idea! We won't make them bankrupt unfortunately (you obviously set a maximum limit for your monthly budget) but we can make sure that their advertising money go right down the drain (where their downloads also happen to come from).

To bad I just got temporarily banned from my own guestbook for refreshing it too often (tried to see what more evilz it would come up with)  Tongue

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 28, 16:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
To bad I just got temporarily banned from my own guestbook for refreshing it too often (tried to see what more evilz it would come up with)  Tongue

Hahahaha  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm sorry, but that just struck me as devastatingly funny.

Man, I need a life...

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 28, 16:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Berg, A-free-guestbook.com doesn't have adspace.  I use it and it's really great.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 28, 16:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed my name.  Seems there are one too many Teadrinkers in the community.  I even found someone posting as teadrinker in the latest EA chat transcript.  :cry:

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 28, 17:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
I changed my name.  Seems there are one too many Teadrinkers in the community.  I even found someone posting as teadrinker in the latest EA chat transcript.  :cry:

I actually thought that was you and thought "wow, she doesn't usually kiss ass like that"  :lol:

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: