PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:24:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?  (Read 39022 times)
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 27, 14:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll get it for the meshes.  Most of them look like they'd be pretty versatile (from what I gleaned on the pics posted).  The textures are not that cool.  If that is what H&M is about then this was more of a "don't bother!" advertisement Tongue

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 27, 14:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - I am really pissed off about this choice.  I always buy the stuff packs at full price when they come out because I'm so eager for new stuff.  But this - this is a game based ad, and IF I buy it, I won't be rushing.  

And I note that despite the fact that everyone was awaiting it with baited breath, the release of the information doesn't seem to have created a lot of excitement on the BBS - which is where the excitement stems from.  Nobody gives a shit.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 27, 14:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, the best reference i have read about this pack came from over at insim....someone said that maxis must have HIRED carla as their fashion consultant from this pack!  :lol:   i think H and M definitely will make a pretty penny from this pack as well....

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 27, 15:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where I live, people who buy H&M are... kinda poor. Usually.

Inactive
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 27, 16:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want it for the meshes. I don't think it looks bad at all.
I think the screen shots released show horrible choices, but when I looked through the items individually, they were cute.
I have cut out the majority of meshes out of my game and am trying to make due with only Maxis recolors until I get my new great computer, so anything new looks wonderful to me.  :lol:

Sarah (^..^)
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 27, 16:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chinchillagrl"
I have cut out the majority of meshes out of my game and am trying to make due with only Maxis recolors until I get my new great computer, so anything new looks wonderful to me.  :lol:

From what I gather on the BBS, a lot of the people who enjoy the stuff packs are people who for one reason or another can't/won't get CC. And I get that, I do. It sucks to not have any options.

I wasn't getting my knickers in a bunch about the Stuff Pack concept either, even though I do recognise their big money ploy. I have gotten the other ones - particularly with a thought for meshes, although I have actually enjoyed quite a few of the items in my game.

It's just the damn H&M thing that pisses me off.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 27, 16:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"

I'm such a person (poor), so I think it's great with stores that offer fun clothes for little money. I'm not into trends much but H&M is a good place for basic clothes too, especially during their sales.
The quality is everything from OK to really bad, but you get what you pay for so that's OK with me.

Strange that H&M has nothing to say about this SP on their website though, not that I could see at least...

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 27, 16:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
Quote from: "Nouk"

I'm such a person (poor), so I think it's great with stores that offer fun clothes for little money. I'm not into trends much but H&M is a good place for basic clothes too, especially during their sales.
The quality is everything from OK to really bad, but you get what you pay for so that's OK with me.

Strange that H&M has nothing to say about this SP on their website though, not that I could see at least...

So H&M is kinda like the "Old Navy" of Europe?

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 27, 16:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love H&M. We don't have one over here so whenever I'm shopping where there is one I buy all I can! The jumper I'm wearing ATM is from there. I'll buy this SP! ^^

Someone told me H&M stood for Hair & Makeup...obviously not. Where are these screenshots we're seeing?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 27, 16:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kinda poor too, but whatever I get there just falls apart after washing it a few times Cheesy Maybe I get the worng things. Or it doesn't fit my bodytype. Wich is whider hips, bigger butt, smaller waist. It leaves a gap above my butt and people can see my underwear.
They don't carry bra's my size. My boobs don't fit into their blouses. I could get an xxl shirt to barelyfit my boobs in, but the thing looks like a garbage bag flopping around me, and tight on the boobs. Way too large otherwise.

They piss me off. When they don't piss me off, the disapointment comes after I wash the clothing the first time.

Inactive
Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 27, 16:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just seen some screencaps and some of the clothe meshes look okay...although some look odd; short billowing skirt with converses? Oh please...
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 27, 16:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know I'd love to see a pack with shoes. I am kinda tired of only seeing tennis shoes with capri pants or workout suits. I wear tennis shoes with lots of stuff, oh and my Crocs. Love my Crocs.

I just want to be able to choose the shoes my Sims wear.

SHOOEEEESSSSS Glorious SHOOOOOEEEEESSSS!

OK, I'll stop singing now. LOL

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 27, 16:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a lot of great meshes that's coming with the H&M pack that will be quite cute when properly recolored.

And I second that, Bigtruckgirl, on a stuff pack of just shoes!

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 27, 17:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crocs are the ugliest shoes in the world and they make me really sick (I'm a trypophobe which means patterns/holes/lots of circles together make me sick). Plus they're PLASTIC!

I love converses with things...

Please can you give me a link to pictures?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 27, 17:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal favorites of the new meshes.  (Ignore the texture!)

I have a thing for puffy sleeves and the a-line skirt is nice.

OMG, finally new active wear!

Cute, with a lot of potential.

Cargo pants!

View them all here.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: