PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:34:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?  (Read 38636 times)
Maz
Landlubber

View Profile
WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
« on: 2007 April 27, 11:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When snootysims posted that the next stuff-pack would be a H&M-pack I didn't believe it. I thought it might be some kin of lame overdue Aprils-fool joke.

But now it's official.

This really gets my pirateblood boiling. I mean, one thing is to advertise for one game you made, in another game (SSX3, Urbz and so on), thats a bit annoying but still a bit cute and fun, and after all the Urbz stuff was a free downloads.

But to outright make a pack, not only containing product placement but being a direct advertisement for H&M!?! WTF?!
And then the clothes aren't even that good. I've seen plenty of free stuff better made. And then there is the mannequin's and clothes-display stuff. Shouldn't this have been in Open for business? Why do we have to pay for business-stuff again? And then with complimentary commercials in it?

It gives me a strong urge to pick up my cutlass and bandanna and steal stuff!!! Aaaargh!
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 27, 11:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, now, dear. That would be illegal.

But of course I agree 100%

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 27, 11:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking forward to it actually!  :oops:
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 27, 12:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Caedre"

That's your prerogative... And more power to ya.

You know, I would have jumped on that train too if it was a made-up simlish brand and NOT H&M who probably lined EA's pockets considerably for making that pack to begin with. Heck, they probably made a profit from it before putting it on the market. We're just lemons to be squeezed for all we're worth just for the Hell of it  :cry:

And yes, I know that they're about making money. Of course they are. But there's a difference between making money and exploiting the fan base...

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Chasie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 27, 12:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, lol.  :oops:
Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 27, 12:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

H&M?! Oh dear...ohdearohdearohdear! Now games will be filled with chav-tastic clothing. Oh and hasn't Madonna 'created' a clothing line for H&M? *dies*

Sorry EA and Maxis - myself and my sims have much better taste than that :shock:
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 27, 12:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with every poster above and just want you all to remember that not buying it doesn't mean you can't have it!

...because we're pirates, right?  Cool  YARR!

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 27, 12:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no idea what H&M was. I had to Google it. I don't remember seeing one in any of the places i have been, but then again I usually don't look for clothes when I am over.

I'm not impressed with the clothing or that EA decided to go with a "branded" name for a fashion pack.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 27, 12:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
I agree with every poster above and just want you all to remember that not buying it doesn't mean you can't have it!

...because we're pirates, right?  Cool  YARR!

Even if I did get it for free I wouldn't install it Tongue
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 27, 12:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't care what brand they went with, I just think stuff packs are stupid.  We get better things from the community.  Stuff packs are a ripoff.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 27, 12:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Vaughna"
Stuff packs are a ripoff.

Exactly! That's why I encourage everyone to install and play them, but not actually buy them!

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 27, 13:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Cpt Berg... I used to buy them, but this one I cannot make myself buy. Yet the OFB-ish things I wouldn't mind having so I might look into going to less savoury places for that one.

I have shopped at H&M before (but so so rarely, I'm currently wearing a t-shirt that I remember buying 11 years ago, that's how much the real me cares about clothes). I don't mind a lot of their RL clothes. But that doesn't alter the principle of the fact OR the (rather irrelevant) fact that I don't really like most of the clothes they're advertising for my sims.

Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 27, 13:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"

That's your prerogative... And more power to ya.

You know, I would have jumped on that train too if it was a made-up simlish brand and NOT H&M who probably lined EA's pockets considerably for making that pack to begin with. Heck, they probably made a profit from it before putting it on the market. We're just lemons to be squeezed for all we're worth just for the Hell of it  :cry:

And yes, I know that they're about making money. Of course they are. But there's a difference between making money and exploiting the fan base...

Well, I don't support them for making a SP with a brand, I pretty much don't care about brands, but I just like the clothes, theyre normal.. and theyre good quality, but I doubt Im gonna pay for it anyway
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 27, 13:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't attacking you, Caedre, was just making a point that I seem to be rather passionate about  :oops:

Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 27, 13:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I didn't felt attacked at all  Cheesy

And I agree with your point of view!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: