PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:42:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Who Put This There?
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who Put This There?  (Read 53512 times)
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #75 on: 2007 April 26, 05:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
The guy I think you're talking about Aquamarine is the one who claimed that EA Maxis was making the skintones lighter with each expansion to get rid of black people.  (People are strange, ya know?)

Oh lawd, it was worse than I thought. And I never noticed anything about the skintones (besides the defaults being fucking ugly, of course). What a loon.

FYI, because I know someone's going to descend upon this thread with "but u don't know what it's like to be fat!??"; yes, I do. I've been on and off diets since I was 9. I'm now 20. If anything, so much dieting fucked my metabolism and I've been trying to build it back up so I can burn off what I eat more efficiently, since that's the root of the problem. I exercise. I watch what the hell I put in my mouth. Granted, there are some factors I can't control (steroids in American meat and dairy, aspartame which dicks with your metabolism and is present in most diet foods, and so on), but the key is moderation. What I don't do, is blame every external factor for my problem and listen to other people tell me how I should look and what I should do.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #76 on: 2007 April 26, 05:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shotgun_mary"
Brides weren't meant to be happy they were meant to be thin.

Says who?

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Pucci
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #77 on: 2007 April 26, 05:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to randomly chime in to say I use to have the same Mustard Plug shirt (Mustard Plug = a pop-punk band) back when I thought I was so cool for listening to punk bands. Then again I was a 13 year old girl, and 13 year old girls tend to be ridiculous. From what I've seen/heard about LyricLee, she's pretty ridiculous as well.

I guess I have nothing else to add to the rest of the thread, other than I have bad genetics and therefore think I am ugly. And when I cut my hair short in high school (before "emo hair" was all the rage, I had short/spiky hair in the back with a little bit longer in the front... a.k.a. reverse mullet) people called me a lesbian and said I probably had a penis, which made no sense. Pick one or the other to try to insult me with, please. So I guess I can see why they added the lesbian insult on her picture on the ED page, any female with short hair must be lesbian. However that website still made me laugh, it's the bastard in me.

Erm, sorry for the rambling after saying I had nothing to add. I tend to do that.
Rae Kira
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #78 on: 2007 April 26, 05:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also am "fat" according to the media. I think I'm perfectly normal, though. I know that as I get older, I will look thinner because my body will have grown out by then [as well as the fact that judging by my mother, I'll have fricken monstrous boobs]. Right now, I'm nearly 200 lbs. and I'll be 16 this year. But I'm also 5'8", and I have a stockier build. I'm built like a box. Of course I'd love to be a couple sizes smaller, as there are TONS of cute things I'd like to wear, but can't.
Then again, I can, but I'd just have to deal with thinking "Holy God, what the hell was I on?" in the future. ~~;;;

My father is also obese. He has type 2 diabetes and loads of other health issues. If he could, he would prolly choose to get surgery. He can barely walk as it is, and with a lighter body he could prolly stand up for more than ten minutes at a time.

That Dove evolution video scared the shit out of me. I kind of wish it was still like the 1930s or 1940s or whenever it was, when skinny women were nice but a curvy, full-figured woman was desirable. I've always admired black and Italian men because they can appreciate a curvy woman. Not that they don't like skinny women as well.
If I was a guy, I would definitely prefer a curvy woman. I know some skinny women can eat like no tomorrow, but I think it's better to prove you eat than to look like you're starving to death.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
feathered
Landlubber

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #79 on: 2007 April 26, 06:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Point me with a stick, but I've never heard of encyclopediadramatica before so I don't get it. Someone puts some fleshy woman's picture up on some site and then we're all supposed to do...what exactly?
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #80 on: 2007 April 26, 06:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
Quote from: "ghengisjohn"

Eh, ignoring your yey encyclopaedia dramatica stuff, but. Yes. God yes. Shut up on comparing anything stupid and small like that to race issues. It keeps driving me to 'dear white people' moments and that never helps.

At what point did I say "yey" for ED? God, I hate it when people do this. I can defend something without being in favor of it.

don't take it too personally.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #81 on: 2007 April 26, 06:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tailchaser"
Point me with a stick, but I've never heard of encyclopediadramatica before so I don't get it. Someone puts some fleshy woman's picture up on some site and then we're all supposed to do...what exactly?

Well, for better getting it you could kind of browse around ED and see what they're about. Of course, if you're one of them too-soon people, maybe you shouldn't...

Re: fat subject, I always find it amusing how 90% of fat people I encounter claim they're fat because of genetics, disease, dog who ate their homework - anything but their eating habits, when statistic says it's only 5% or so of fat  cases are caused by health issues, the rest is, sorry, just plain overeating.
And what's with all that glossing over acronyms? BBW, BBQ,  my arse. It doesn't change the fact itself -- and it certainly doesn't change society's attitude towards fat folk.

I also wonder if there's a law for when one compares some internet triviality to racism or slavery, like Godwin's for summoning Hitler and the Nazis to aid you in internet drama.

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #82 on: 2007 April 26, 06:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but there will always be people online and offline who act like there is.  

As said by others earlier, a lot of people laughed at the ED entry because it was about Lyric.  I think that if it was somebody decent who this happened to, some people (including myself) may not have found it so funny.  Just my 2 cents, anyway.

I strongly agree with Hecubus that picking on overweight people is something that's acceptable in our society (at least here in America) and that it's something that the PC police won't get on anyone's case about.  Like all of the other persecuted groups, they'll have to fight for their right to be accepted and to not be discriminated against.  And discrimination against them does exist because too many people can't see past their size and realize that there are intelligent and warm people behind the heavy exterior.

I'm not overweight - far from it - but it makes me sick when things like that happen.  I don't think the person who put Lyric's picture up did it because she's fat, I think he or she did it because it was one way to ridicule and hurt Lyric in a very public way.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #83 on: 2007 April 26, 06:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dorquemada"
Re: fat subject, I always find it amusing how 90% of fat people I encounter claim they're fat because of genetics, disease, dog who ate their homework - anything but their eating habits, when statistic says it's only 5% or so of fat  cases are caused by health issues, the rest is, sorry, just plain overeating.

Again, I find the concept of being fat caused by "health issues" to be ludicrous. It's simply absurd. If you eat a pound of food, you can only gain one pound, and that's assuming you burn absolutely none of it as fuel and process it with 100% efficiency. Since perfect mass conversion like so doesn't exist, and certainly not in people, it's simply an absurd idea.

The real issues are more simple: A sense of personal entitlement, and lack of personal responsibility, issues that are endemic in people today. People somehow think they're entitled to be able to eat as much as everyone else, when, in fact, the truth is that people have differing rates of fuel efficiency and if you have high fuel economy, eating as much as the "average" is going to blow you up like a balloon unless you are considerably more active. Rather than accepting this for the bonus it is, people instead whine and deny responsibility for their own actions. The truth is simple: You're fat because you enjoy pigging out more than you rightly should. If you're cool with that, hey, it's your money. I recommend you bring a crowbar for when you get yourself stuck and need to be pried out. Don't gimme that nonsense about "medical issues". Conservation of mass is not a suggestion, it is a LAW. No amount of wishful thinking and medical issues can violate the physical laws of the universe.

Quote from: "Granuaile"
I strongly agree with Hecubus that picking on overweight people is something that's acceptable in our society (at least here in America) and that it's something that the PC police won't get on anyone's case about.

They deserve it. Fatness is to an extent rightly perceived as a lack of willingness to accept personal responsibility. There are people who are fat by choice, but by and large most people are fat simply because they refuse to take responsibility for their actions, and would rather place their blame on spurious causes and excuses rather than simply accept that they shouldn't eat so much.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #84 on: 2007 April 26, 07:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I agree that some people are overweight and eat too much without burning it off, there are valid medical cases where an underactive thyroid causes a person to gain weight easily (and makes the weight harder to lose).      Some people also eat a lot of comfort food when they're truly depressed, even though it really isn't the answer to solving their problems.

You're completely right about the sense of entitlement that a lot of people have, and this crosses all boundries (including size).  I don't know where it comes from, but I see it more and more everyday at work (especially with newcomers who think they're entitled to be a supervisor just because they've filed papers for 2 weeks on the job.  :roll: )
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #85 on: 2007 April 26, 07:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I agree that some people are overweight and eat too much without burning it off, there are valid medical cases where an underactive thyroid causes a person to gain weight easily (and makes the weight harder to lose).

See: "High fuel economy". People who HAVE a high fuel economy like that clearly DON'T NEED THAT MUCH FUEL. I really don't see why people complain about that. I mean, hell, if I could go from eating once every day or so to eating once a week on the same activity, I'd go for that. You'd last longer if stuck with me on a desert island, too. As it is, I burn through a lot of fuel, so I'd be forced to eat you by the third day.

Some people also eat a lot of comfort food when they're truly depressed, even though it really isn't the answer to solving their problems.

Those people are just a bunch of whiners and slackers, anyway.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
feathered
Landlubber

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #86 on: 2007 April 26, 07:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dorquemada"
Quote from: "tailchaser"

Well, for better getting it you could kind of browse around ED and see what they're about. Of course, if you're one of them too-soon people, maybe you shouldn't...

And what's with all that glossing over acronyms? BBW, BBQ,  my arse. It doesn't change the fact itself -- and it certainly doesn't change society's attitude towards fat folk.

I also wonder if there's a law for when one compares some internet triviality to racism or slavery, like Godwin's for summoning Hitler and the Nazis to aid you in internet drama.

Eh. After a shortwhile browsing ed is seems to be full of unfunny bullshit.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #87 on: 2007 April 26, 07:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nooo!  Don't eat me!  :shock:

Seriously, I have to agree that if a person's metabolism is shot then they require less food and should eat less than those with normal or high metabolisms.  It makes sense.

(I'm not knocking those with low metabolisms because I do feel sorry for them.  But Pescado does make a good point, so please don't eat me either! )

See: "High fuel economy". People who HAVE a high fuel economy like that clearly DON'T NEED THAT MUCH FUEL. I really don't see why people complain about that. I mean, hell, if I could go from eating once every day or so to eating once a week on the same activity, I'd go for that. You'd last longer if stuck with me on a desert island, too. As it is, I burn through a lot of fuel, so I'd be forced to eat you by the third day.

Edited:  Added quote
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #88 on: 2007 April 26, 09:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, fat people actually have a HIGHER metabolism, not a lower one. They need the higher metabolism because otherwise they won't be able to burn ANYTHING (or something like that :wink: ).
Secondly, I'm fat not because I eat too much (not really), nor because I eat the wrong type of food. I eat pretty healthily. I'm fact coz I don't have the motivation to do much exercise. If I did exercise I wouldn't be fat, simple.
So there. It's not ALWAYS caused by eating.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #89 on: 2007 April 26, 09:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Secondly, I'm fat not because I eat too much (not really), nor because I eat the wrong type of food. I eat pretty healthily. I'm fact coz I don't have the motivation to do much exercise. If I did exercise I wouldn't be fat, simple.
So there. It's not ALWAYS caused by eating.

Yes it is. Since you don't move, you don't need so much food. If you do continue to consume the same fuel that someone more active needs, you will end up with a budget surplus, which translates into becoming fat. A certain amount of is good for you and keeps you from freezing to death or dying abruptly like a sim, but too much and you'll end up having to avoid being harpooned and turned into fancy cosmetic products.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: