PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:09:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Who Put This There?
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who Put This There?  (Read 53494 times)
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #105 on: 2007 April 26, 14:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I'm gonna bow out of this one now....I don't have the references at my fingertips to argue this one sufficiently. I know what I've experienced, what I've read, what I know to be true....but I can't seem to articulate it in a way that answers Pescado's engineering argument.

<sigh>

Yeah he apperently has to little carbohydrates intake...his brain is damaged and he seems to be repeating the same thing over and over again without making any sense.

If you starve yourself, you lose muscles. No body fat. You must do at least sports. But Pescado knows it better than all the doctors and says that one should starve themselves which is fucking ignorant. I'm out of this.  :roll:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
xfetishgirl
Landlubber

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #106 on: 2007 April 26, 14:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, if you're OK with it, who cares? If that's the weight you choose to maintain, that's your choice. If you don't want that weight, then stop eating so much.

you obviously didnt read my whole post, i said i eat far less, and healthier than my skinnier friends do, my point being, for some women, being 'fat' is not necicarily something they have anything to do with.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #107 on: 2007 April 26, 14:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you starve yourself, you lose muscles. No body fat.

Where did you hear this?  If you starve yourself, you lose body fat first, THEN muscle.  After 4 days (3?) of not eating your body goes into ketosis and starts burning fat.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #108 on: 2007 April 26, 15:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is being block-headed. I am not going to indulge in your insanity any longer.
Think what you like, but you're wrong.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #109 on: 2007 April 26, 15:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*finishes ice cream* Mmmm...

Ya know, he's turned on by you calling him names and such. Right now he's clapping his hands with glee.

Are you really going to indulge him?  :wink:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #110 on: 2007 April 26, 15:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there was a single diet solution that worked for everyone, there wouldn't be 40,000 books and companies and pills out there trying to convince people that they work 100%.

Since no one solution has ever been proven to work permanently and without health-related drawbacks for everyone all the time, it's likely that there are no shortcuts to eating less and exercising more.

Well, no shortcuts that don't cause more problems than they resolve.

If you don't care about your health at all, and just want to get skinny, meth would be the perfect solution. Your skin and teeth will rot and fester, your hair will start falling out, your mind will be a mushy soup of addiction and psychosis and you'll start imagining bugs under your skin, your moral compass will go into the toilet as you start to steal, whore and lie to get your fix, but, by God, you'll be thin.

Other fun ways to get thin include wasting diseases like cancer and AIDS, but since death is a likely result, they are contraindicated. No sane person would see contracting a high-fatality-rate disease as a weight-loss solution.

Of course, no sane person would willingly do things like consume live tapeworms or have fat hacked or sucked off their body, but some people do that, too.

If eating less and exercising more aren't possible for whatever reason (or excuse), the next best solution is to be as healthy as you can be, and to come to peace with your own body type. Big-boned tall adult people aren't supposed to wear size 0 jeans.

I've experienced all kinds of different sizes and heights throughout my life. I was shorter than everyone in my age group until high school, when I reached average height. In college, I shot up 3 1/2 inches and am now considered taller than average.

I have tiny bones and a small frame. I wear a size 4 3/4 ring on my larger ring finger, as an example, and my wrists are about six inches around on a "fat" day. I've had 32AA boobs and 36D boobs. I've been 25 pounds overweight and 30 pounds underweight. When I was underweight, I didn't have a car and walked everywhere and was often too busy to take time to eat. Obviously I was eating less and exercising more. When heavier, I was on medications that slowed my metabolism, but I was also exercising less, thanks to the reason I was being medicated in the first place. Nowadays I'm still tall and small-framed, and vary from a few pounds underweight to ten pounds overweight, and it all can be tied to how busy I am at the time. If I'm driving rather than walking everywhere and too busy to cook or plan healthier meals rather than ordering in or hitting the drive-throughs, I'm going to gain weight, especially if I'm on a medication that slows my metabolism, if I am depressed (which, for me, slows my metabolism) or if I skip meals and cause my body to go into "starvation mode" where it thinks it has to hold on to every calorie. Note also that working for commission or for variable hours a week rather than a salary can have an effect: if you're tight on money, cheap food is usually horribly bad for you and usually horribly fattening. Health food stores, organic food and high-quality ingredients cost a mint and usually take more time to prepare. If I have time to go out clubbing or dancing every week and to sit down and eat something home-cooked, I'm going to be underweight. When I say overweight, by the way, I'm talking about my personal acceptable weight range, where my clothes fit me well and I don't stress if the elevator isn't working somewhere. Even at my heaviest, no one ever thought of me as "the fat girl" but that's the gift of having a small frame, because I was indeed a fat girl, to be frank. I dressed to conceal it, and my thin extremities helped, but I knew I was overweight. When it became more of a priority to me than whatever was keeping me too busy to properly maintain my food/exercise ratio, I would, slowly but surely, get down to my normal size, which is not size 0, but a 6-10 pant size. When I was the equivalent of a 0-3, I looked like a Holocaust victim. I'm not meant to be that small, despite my tiny bones/frame, because I am tall and have largish bazooms.

I also have crappy blood-related issues, such as hypoglycaemia, low blood pressure, anaemia, you name it, which means I have to keep an eye on my diet so I don't faint or go into a coma. Fun times! If I ever want to lose weight fast, all I have to do is stop eating meat, sugar, dairy and bread and the weight peels off. Unfortunately, I also faint and get dizzy and have my doctor yell at me and tell me I can NOT be a vegetarian and to cut it out. Pass the steak and pie, thanks.

I'm not saying losing weight is easy-peasy for me, just that I see my weight state as a reflection of my habits at the time. Focusing on weight gain and fretting about it and trying various shortcuts isn't going to make me "thin" overnight. The only time I really worry about being larger or smaller than usual is if it involves buying clothing. If I'm heavier or smaller than usual, I resent buying new clothing, because I will only be able to wear those things when my weight is off-kilter. Buying crap is already complicated enough for women because of vanity sizing, so it's a long drawn-out ordeal that you can't attack by just grabbing a bunch of size X pants in the length and colour you want and knowing they are likely to fit. Also, my legs are right in between tall and regular sizes, and I refuse to wear high-water pants, so even getting length right is a hassle. You also have to hope that the pants won't shrink in the wash or at the dry-cleaner's. In short, I hate shopping.

Right now? I'm at my average weight. Maybe a few pounds more, as I haven't checked the scale for several months and I ate a lot of pizza during midterms. I look okay, my clothes fit, people still look twice when I walk by (in a good way), and it's all okay with me. I'm not skinny (did that, modeled for Hanes hosiery, got no T-shirts, did get 40 pounds of panty hose, woo) and I'm not fat (been there, got off the meds, exercised more, ate less, was patient), and I don't give a crap about trying to compete with people who look anorexic or bond with my Big Beautiful Sisters over fat rolls. I'm in the middle, and where I go from here is 100% dependent on what I do or don't eat, what meds I am on or off of, what time of day I eat, how much exercise I get or don't get, the choices I make when grocery shopping, whether I am depressed at the time or not, whether it's that time of the month or not (yay, water retention and cravings for unhealthy foods), and whether I have been responsible about controlling my blood-related issues through proper responsible diet-watching or not. It doesn't depend one bit on what I'd prefer, or what society as a whole seems to think, or what fashion trend is hot at the moment.

I prefer letting myself eat a doughnut every now and then and accepting the consequences rather than freaking out that I'm a certain number on my scale. (I don't even know if it is accurate, come to think of it.) It doesn't reflect whether the weight is muscle or fat, or whether my pants fit or don't fit.

As long as my pants fit and I don't have to go buy new pants, life is good and to hell with dieting. Did I mention I hate shopping?

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #111 on: 2007 April 26, 15:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not calling him names. I never said he was a block-head, I said he was being block-headed.

And he can wipe that smirk off his face. :roll:

I'm no longer going to indulge him, only reply to other people in this thread. *nods decisively*

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #112 on: 2007 April 26, 15:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And on top of all that, women naturally fluctuate in weight even if you're considered "normal"..  It just seems stupid to me seeing women stress over a few pounds when there are so many people out there that don't even have access to clean water and/or are starving..

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
xfetishgirl
Landlubber

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #113 on: 2007 April 26, 15:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm just new here, still trying to see where i will fit in with everyone elses personalities and such Smiley

and- how do i make a siggy?
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #114 on: 2007 April 26, 16:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
And on top of all that, women naturally fluctuate in weight even if you're considered "normal"..  It just seems stupid to me seeing women stress over a few pounds when there are so many people out there that don't even have access to clean water and/or are starving..

Perhaps, but we all deal with our own reality.

Oh, and I heard somewhere that women gain most weight during their periods. So on top of being psychotic one is getting bloated and fat... Huh... Well, gotta admit it's damn gutsy of the people at Always to do their "Have a happy period" ( Put down that Hammer )  :lol:

Ok, I need to post less, I think  :?

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #115 on: 2007 April 26, 16:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found this at "http://www.fantasiadomain.com/sims2/" while browsing PMBD banners... LOL!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #116 on: 2007 April 26, 16:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "darkangel"

If you starve yourself, you lose muscles. No body fat. You must do at least sports. But Pescado knows it better than all the doctors and says that one should starve themselves which is fucking ignorant. I'm out of this.  :roll:

Who said anything about starving? I was simply saying that you should go for a balanced intake rate, which is clearly indicated mathematically by zero net gain. As long as you have a positive net gain, you are clearly over that line. Basic mathematics. Utterly indisputable.

Quote from: "Lorelei"
I also have crappy blood-related issues, such as hypoglycaemia, low blood pressure, anaemia, you name it, which means I have to keep an eye on my diet so I don't faint or go into a coma. Fun times! If I ever want to lose weight fast, all I have to do is stop eating meat, sugar, dairy and bread and the weight peels off. Unfortunately, I also faint and get dizzy and have my doctor yell at me and tell me I can NOT be a vegetarian and to cut it out. Pass the steak and pie, thanks.

Yeah, I get that anemia thing also. My solution for that is to drink blood. Have you considered that you might be a vampire?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #117 on: 2007 April 26, 16:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"

Oh, and I heard somewhere that women gain most weight during their periods. So on top of being psychotic one is getting bloated and fat...

I'm very bloated just before and for the first couple of days of my period. I have bras bought just for then as I go up about one and a half back sizes and one cup size. I don't know how much weight I put on though, I rarely bother to weigh myself.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #118 on: 2007 April 26, 16:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Quote from: "Lorelei"

Yeah, I get that anemia thing also. My solution for that is to drink blood. Have you considered that you might be a vampire?

No, that's one thing I hadn't considered. But given that I am super pale, am awake at night, hiss at the sun, have pointy incisors, am not grossed out by blood in general, wear a lot of black and don't suffer fools gladly, maybe you have a point.

On the other hand, I don't go around biting people. I don't know when they washed their necks last, or where they've been. Cooties are bad. Would also require interaction with other humans, and sometimes I'm just not into that concept. I'm busy, no time for chit-chat.

I think I'll stick with eating a nice, big steak and some spinach when my iron levels drop.  If I had to actually talk to the cow first, I don't know what I'd do. Also, God forbid someone might mistake me for a Goth or something and egg me.

Steaks, not stakes!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #119 on: 2007 April 26, 16:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'll add my 2 cents worth, WTH not.

I do believe in the basics of a medical condition contributing to weight gain. How it happens or why, I have no clue. I just know that once my Mom's Thyroid went kaput on her, she gained a lot of weight, yet ate about the same or less because she had no real appetite and way just as active. It began as Hypo and then when she had a stretch of surgeries it has now become Hyper and she could not gain an ounce if you poured maple syrup down her throat (or vice versa. I get my Hypo and Hyper mixed up, but anyway it started as the weight gain and now she looks fragile, frail and tiny). We are big boned, short, stocky people. I am 5,5 and am a few :cough: pounds overweight, but my ideal weight is 150 to 160 because of my build. I feel better if I am around 140 to 150. I'm not ashamed of it, nor am I unhealthy. The doctors say I am as healthy as anyone that might be thinner, I just need to quit smoking. My Mom on the other hand is not healthy in my or her doctor's opinion. Even though now she is the perfect weight for her height, she is not in health weight wise for our build.

I think one thing people around the world need to realize is that even if you eat "healthy" in the US, we put so much crap into our foods and on our fields and into our livestock, that it is literally wrecking our health.

Take for example added hormones in our beef and milk producing cattle. I have no doubt that these added hormones are why our children tend to go into puberty earlier. This causes our systems to age quicker that they normally would. Some of these organs and glands are made for "short term use" so to speak. You figure your pituitary gland is "made" for "use" during your reproductive years. On average say that is 30 years. If it has to "kick in" 5 or 6 years earlier, then it will "kick out" earlier. Some glands and various bodily matter are not "made" to work your entire 75 or 80 years. Some kick in at specific times and then stop when they are not needed. I think these "additives" are what causes a lot of the obesity in children and dysfunctions in adults.

Now I am not saying the additives are the only problem, but I do think they are a contributing factor. I've seen some "study" on this first hand. I try to buy "organic" now, but even that is becoming so that you can't trust it.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: