PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:02:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  this might be a sign..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this might be a sign..  (Read 17279 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 26, 13:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another great wall/floor utility is jfades WTF Editor...found at DJS Sims.

Not only can you recategorize/reprice, but you can use a batch utility that will rename ALL the floor and wall files to the names creators use in the game (no more wall0543154673...it's now Flower Power Girls Wall)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 26, 14:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
I can't do it in BS. Especially not accessories. It takes you ten pages to get to what you want, you delete it, and it takes you back to the blooming beginning again!!

True, but I didn't personally have such a hard time with it, though...

Doesn't it do that in CAS as well, though? At least with hair, gawd, sorting hair in CAS just made me NUTS.

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Another great wall/floor utility is jfades WTF Editor...found at DJS Sims.

Not only can you recategorize/reprice, but you can use a batch utility that will rename ALL the floor and wall files to the names creators use in the game (no more wall0543154673...it's now Flower Power Girls Wall)

Hey, thanks, that sounds great! I think I'll give it a go Cheesy

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Re: this might be a sign..
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 26, 15:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "aerodynamic"
recently something both annoying and amusing happened. my main sims2 download folder crapped out at about 22,000 files and refused to take anything new unless it was in a subfolder. suspecting it is because of some of the filenames in other languages and whatnot from chinafan sims and other sites.

has this happened to anyone else? I found it rather funny but very frustrating nevertheless.

so now I have a 5000+ file subfolder that I am hoping won't crap out anytime soon XD

:shock:

Now see I thought I was a download whore. I have about 2 GB (1,733 MB) with 7,541 files, separated into 73 sub-folders. All folders are alphabetically listed by either "creator" or category (I.E. some of my garage doors were just numbers so I put them in a folder "Garage Doors"). I do this as I am unzipping them.

That way I know where something is in case it makes my game want to crap out.

20,000 :shock:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 26, 15:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
I can't do it in BS. Especially not accessories. It takes you ten pages to get to what you want, you delete it, and it takes you back to the blooming beginning again!!

My biggest peeve of all time with BS, besides the "iIf I delete the crappy colour, I will delete everything (except maybe the mesh)" bollocks I've dealt with.

Jfade, please finish your fab clothing / hair sorter. We needs the precioussss.

ETA: close parenthesis, useful word things.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 26, 16:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the WTF Editor and put it to cache. It did say it would take a while and all, but it seems mostly frozen *poke* *poke* Ah well, I'll let it be for a while  :lol:  (I'm not bothered by it processor wise, anyhoo, as my laptop is dual core)

Think I'll just get me some dinner instead then Wink

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 26, 16:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I consider myself somewhat organised when it comes to downloading.  I have to be fairly selective when it comes to the CC in my game because my computer just can't handle a ton of stuff.  What I do is have a couple folders on my desktop to sort the various things I download into, and then when the folders are full enough I'll sort through them.  I found it works best if you rename your original downloads folder to something else  temporarily, and create a new one for the new downloads so the game/BS takes less time to load.  After I'm done I also scan the leftovers to get rid of any orphan files.

And yeah, the five items per page thing in BS is annoying, although I've found it's less painful if you use the scrollbar instead of the arrows.
bebasmerdeka
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 27, 14:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as for me, my downloads folder is currently running with more than 24.000 CC worth around 10 Gigs of HD space :oops:
To help me deal with the headache of organizing it, i'm using these wonderful utilities :

1. Delphy's Download Organizer
    It's here:    
    http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227925

2. Sims2Pack Clean Installer
    It's here:
    http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

3. SimPE
    It's here:
    http://sims.ambertation.de/
    I use SimPE mostly for scanning package health, and with plugin i can  
    use it to search for orphan mesh/recolor

4. Hack Conflict Detection Utility by Paladin
    It's here:
    http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Each tool had it's own pros and cons. Don't forget to read the manual if you decide to use it.
I hope it's useful ^_^
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 27, 15:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got those too bebas Smiley

I was very pleased when Delphy's DO for once didn't crap out on me today and allowed me to move all floors and walls into a separate folder...

Other times it just crashed when I tried something like that  :roll:

Anyhoo, I am slowly sorting through it now... And what amount of crap I have! For each one I keep I'm deleting at least 10.  :?

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 27, 16:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think my PC likes the .net framework.

I downloaded it, then the clean installer and it never did work, so I uninstalled both, reinstalled... still nothing. Clean installer would crap out as soon as I opened it. I'd love to try Delphy's but it runs off the .net too!  :cry:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 27, 16:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try getting this and see if it helps?

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 27, 16:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
Try getting this and see if it helps?

OOOOO we shall see. I had the 1.1 or whatever it was linked to from the clean installer's page.

Hang on have to switch to I.E from firefox. Microsoft is such a PITA! LOL

Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 27, 17:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

Should we assume you aren't using IE Tab, then?
ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 27, 17:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Phelim"

Ooooh, I love you for pointing out that add-on!  I absolutely detest IE (especially the new version which is just trying to imitate Firefox).  Most of the time it doesn't even work on my computer.  Unfortunately, some sites don't run well on Firefox so it's a necessary evil, but this makes it all better!
Maz
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 27, 18:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh nice, I needed that as well Smiley

Btw. I love the name: "WTF" for the wall/floors editor, but only because it makes sense Smiley
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 27, 18:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

Nope because I never could get it to show up. I never had the cute little icon on my toolbar. I don't know why either because the other add ons that I have and themes work great.

Right now I am using the theme "Metal Lion Vista" I picked that up yesterday I think. Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: