PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 07:56:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  this might be a sign..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this might be a sign..  (Read 17409 times)
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 30, 17:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ChloroformDreams"
I have absolutely no problem scanning for orphans using Delphy's program.  Forgive the rather obvious suggestion, but are you all making sure to check the "show orphans" box once the scan has finished?  If so perhaps there is some other issue causing the problem that I seem to have (for once) not encountered.

I'm pretty sure I am, but I will try it again (making sure I do) and see what it does.

Sometimes the obvious is the answer. Cheesy

EDIT: ChloroformDreams you may have been right and thanks so much for pointing that out!!! It does not "highlight" them but it did give me a list where I can delete.

I have on other question...

It says I have 448 "orphaned" files, but some of them look like files I use. Are these really "orphaned" files or is it maybe that my meshes may be in different folders. I mean it does check all folders right?

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 30, 21:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently those orphan scanners are never 100% reliable. Rule of thumb - only delete whatever you know you can do without.

Me, I just delete everything it claims is an orphan and then see if I notice anything missing when I fire up the game.  :lol:

Of course, I am not particularly attached to most of my downloads folder.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 30, 22:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems with orphan files not being orphan files.  To be safe, though, I move all orphan files to a folder on my desktop and fire up my game to be sure nothing is missing.  So far everything has been great.  I recently deleted a bunch of crap, and brought my downloads folder from 5500 files to 3100 files.  My game and bodyshop load in 2-3 minutes.  It's wonderful!  Cheesy

Edited for punctuation mistake.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 01, 00:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course i waited till it finished scanning...i may be blonde but i'm not stupid Wink  Wink

I dunno what's wrong....but i realized that if you add more things to your dl folder you gotta wipe the cache or whatever it's called out as it doesn't include it when it loads again....*sighs* at least it loads way faster than clean installer Cheesy

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
bebasmerdeka
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 01, 09:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known issues:
This isn't really an issue, but if you're orphan scanning and you find that you have a large amount of orphaned files, please take note that not all those files maybe truly orphans.

I take that from MTS2 just in case someone miss it.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 04, 14:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "bebasmerdeka"
Quote from: "Plum"
I had 12GB of CC

I wonder how long is the loading time for the game with that many CC? Mine took almost a good 30 minutes just to load the game and another 10 to get into the CAS screen or to get into any playable lot.
Well, can't complain though, 'coz me rigs are pretty old  Sad

It took my game 21 minutes to start, and like five to get around from neighborhood to CAS to lot to whatever.  Not ideal, but I'm greedy.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: