PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 10:38:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  this might be a sign..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this might be a sign..  (Read 17430 times)
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 27, 18:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm done, done, done!! Cheesy

All crappy hair, outfits, make up, accessories, walls, terrains, floors, recolours, objects, duplicates and orphans are GONE!

I am down to 3739 files and I have several pages bookmarked that I'm just ITCHING to raid!

BUT I still have to colorbin a butt-load of hair before I allow myself this luxury...

But still! Better! Huzzaaah! And THIS time I will START with being organised.

Cheesy

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 27, 18:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
Nope because I never could get it to show up. I never had the cute little icon on my toolbar. I don't know why either because the other add ons that I have and themes work great.

Right now I am using the theme "Metal Lion Vista" I picked that up yesterday I think. Cheesy

I don't have it on my toolbar either.  I can't remember if it doesn't appear by default, or if I removed it by customizing.

Still, the one down on the status bar shows up just fine, right between NoScript and AdBlock, and I generally use that anyway to set up the IE sites list, or swap between engines.

Not sure of the effect of various themes, but I wouldn't have thought it would matter.  How strange.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 27, 18:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Phelim"
Nope because I never could get it to show up. I never had the cute little icon on my toolbar. I don't know why either because the other add ons that I have and themes work great.

Right now I am using the theme "Metal Lion Vista" I picked that up yesterday I think. Cheesy

I don't have it on my toolbar either.  I can't remember if it doesn't appear by default, or if I removed it by customizing.

Still, the one down on the status bar shows up just fine, right between NoScript and AdBlock, and I generally use that anyway to set up the IE sites list, or swap between engines.

Not sure of the effect of various themes, but I wouldn't have thought it would matter.  How strange.

I'll download it again (WTH, why not. LOL). I was trying to use it with Blue Ice and just saw it has issues with that theme.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 27, 18:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I admit, I'm using a really boring theme (GreyModern2), so....

If it helps, IE Tab should also appear on the Tools menu, right in that section above Options at the bottom.  My setup also shows RefControl Options in that bit.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 27, 19:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can you colourbin if you have Seasons??? :?  :? Coz I do and I need to bin a load of crap...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 27, 20:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
How can you colourbin if you have Seasons??? :?  :? Coz I do and I need to bin a load of crap...

I use the old tool. Somewhere on the SimPE forum there's a little snip of code you can write into some file and it will load seasonal stuff... and colour binning does work...

Right now, however, I'm about to lose my temper at the hair and just delete the lot of it. Buncha crap non-binned or wrong-binned hair! *pout*

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 29, 04:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the thread of ultimate sadness.  I'll join in!

I'm in the process of re-downloading all my custom content because, in the process of trying to get Seasons to work, I forgot to backup my downloads folder for one of the steps and the whole thing was deleted.  I had 12GB of CC.  And I had almost finished a house that I had spent literally a week building and decorating, so I'm not starting my game again until I have all that CC back, dammit.

On the plus side, my downloads folder did need a good wipe since my standards for what I will and will not download has raised considerably.

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 29, 18:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I downloaded Delphy's program. I can clean out my duplicate files, but when I go to check the "orphan" files it tells me it is being used by another program and won't list them. I read his/her Wiki, but there is nothing about this that I can see. Shouldn't it list the orphaned files just like it does duplicates? Am I doing something wrong?

Oh and now according to Delphy's program I have 8000 files. I went on a small D/L spree in the booty.  :oops:  :lol:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
LDE
Landlubber

disillusioned miscreant

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 29, 21:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i find it interesting that some people un-zip/RAR the files indiviually..i download a buch of stuff to a folder (usually named the date and what the majority of the content is i.e. 04-28-07 female clothes) then when done downloading for the day right click on the folder and click 'install all' of course that doesn't sort them into sub-folders but hey, its quick. i really need to reorganize because my 'buy mode' folder is freakin huge and i guess i should further break it down. but then again, i'm lazy,and i prefer to talk about doing it as apposed to actually doing it Tongue
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 30, 00:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to extract all files from all RARs/ZIPs onto the desktop and use the Clean Installer to put things into sub-folders.  I have very general sub-folders (Clothes, Lipstick, Genetics, Meshes, Binned, Unbinned, Unconnected, et cetera), because going too specific would bother me.

I only download Body Shop stuff and hacks, so my downloads folder is rather slim compared to most people's.  Just a little over a gigabyte right now.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 30, 00:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only got 1.1gb and 3,300 files.  I don't go on huge downloading sprees, so it's not a big deal to unzip each file when I download it.  I used to sort by type, but now I sort by site and make sure that all the meshes I need for that sites set/outfit is included in the same folder.  Plus it makes it easier to tell which file came from where when creators don't put the hover text for an item or name the zip file with their site or other identifying name. :evil:

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
bebasmerdeka
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 30, 14:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I downloaded Delphy's program. I can clean out my duplicate files, but when I go to check the "orphan" files it tells me it is being used by another program and won't list them. I read his/her Wiki, but there is nothing about this that I can see. Shouldn't it list the orphaned files just like it does duplicates? Am I doing something wrong?

AFAIK, the orphan searcher isn't fully functional yet, hope this will be fixed in the next version. Maybe you'd like to try SimPE for this?

Quote from: "Plum"
I had 12GB of CC

I wonder how long is the loading time for the game with that many CC? Mine took almost a good 30 minutes just to load the game and another 10 to get into the CAS screen or to get into any playable lot.
Well, can't complain though, 'coz me rigs are pretty old  Sad

@Pirates Like Sapphires
I had to agree with Lord Pescado on this one, your new name DID sucks...Cheesy
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 30, 16:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah it's not (orphan thingy) cause i clicked on it to find orphans and it didn't come up with anything and i KNOW that there are.  (esp chaz hair)

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 30, 16:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to you both. I thought maybe I had screwed something up. LOL

I just d/l SimPE. I'll let you know if I manage to work that OK. LOL

ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 30, 17:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have absolutely no problem scanning for orphans using Delphy's program.  Forgive the rather obvious suggestion, but are you all making sure to check the "show orphans" box once the scan has finished?  If so perhaps there is some other issue causing the problem that I seem to have (for once) not encountered.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: