PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:24:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  this might be a sign..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this might be a sign..  (Read 17412 times)
aerodynamic
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« on: 2007 April 23, 14:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

recently something both annoying and amusing happened. my main sims2 download folder crapped out at about 22,000 files and refused to take anything new unless it was in a subfolder. suspecting it is because of some of the filenames in other languages and whatnot from chinafan sims and other sites.

has this happened to anyone else? I found it rather funny but very frustrating nevertheless.

so now I have a 5000+ file subfolder that I am hoping won't crap out anytime soon XD
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 23, 15:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how this is related to PMBD...

...but 20000 dls? WHOA HOLY SHOZZLES  :shock:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
bebasmerdeka
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 23, 15:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that's got something to do with your file system.
Each Windows file system (FAT32, NTFS, etc) had a limit in how many files are allowed within a folder.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/27253/27253.html?Ad=1
Pucci
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 24, 03:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...22,000 files?

Okay so I really don't have anything to add to that, it's just a cover to distract people while I tell you that your pirate corgi icon is ridiculously awesome.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 24, 04:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha - I kick your arse - I have 20gbs waiting to be installed - and that's all Bodyshop stuff - I'm staying away from objects at the mo.

I only have hacks installed right now.

When I did have custom content included before I reinstalled, I had 10,000 files in 6 months - and that's before I found the booty.

I am an uncontrollable hoarder - like it - download it - store it forever.  

I ended up having to learn how to pack stuff into .far files with the sims 1, because despite what they said, the download limit was 3.2gb.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Mattie
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 24, 04:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my ocd twitch is going crazy, you really have *twitch* 22, 000 files *twitch* just lumped into one big folder? *twitch*

I have around 30,000 files, but oh, around *cough*900*cough* sorted subfolders.
DiSparrow
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 24, 05:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah with 22000 downloads i think sub folders are a good idea. Remember Organization is our friend.  :lol:

I learned my lesson i had all 15000 of my downloads thrown into one folder and I had a major problem with one of them and Seasons.. I have had to take out all the downloads a few times and finally am now organizing them as i put them in a few at a time. Believe me.. you will be much happier to have then in sub folders in the long run.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 24, 05:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also a huge downloadaholic and hoarder.  The scary thing is that I ran across this thread the other day that spoke of the game crashing in catalogue mode if there are more than 48,000 items or 10.5 gig worth of stuff in the game (I'm not sure, but I think it depends on your system).

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1588615#post1588615
PirateBrad
Landlubber

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 26, 05:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it all depends on the PC,whether it can handle that much cc
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 26, 06:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it depend on how fast the computer is or how much RAM it has?

(Sorry, I don't know much about computers.  :oops: )
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 26, 09:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG!  :shock:

I only have about 5k files at the moment. I am trying to restrain myself until I get stuff better sorted. I still need to bin a buttload of hair that is very nice but SHOULD be binned (I do a little of the time so as to not expire from boredom) and I have a major amount of unsorted stuff that's dumped directly into my downloads root.

My current nightmare is sorting walls, floors and recolours of objects in-game... Word to the wise: Do NOT get all the simsquirts booty... It's just too much and even if you, say, delete all of 2005 just to have LESS it's still bad  :oops:  :cry: (Also, tbh, a lot of it doesn't look THAT good in-game)

But I am sort of proud of how I deleted all bad clothes from every single age group  Cheesy I'm getting there... Until my next downloading spree.  :?

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 26, 09:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"
Would it depend on how fast the computer is or how much RAM it has?

(Sorry, I don't know much about computers.  :oops: )

Actually...the RAM defines how fast the PC is...  :wink:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 26, 11:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Darkangel!  Cheesy

I feel you, MizzKitty!  Homecrafter is great for sorting out walls and floors (and for editing the prices on the custom ones), but I think I spend most of my time in the Make a Family part of the game deleting sucky skins and hair.   I dread doing it again because I just downloaded a bunch of new stuff for the game.  :?
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
this might be a sign..
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 26, 12:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"
I feel you, MizzKitty!  Homecrafter is great for sorting out walls and floors (and for editing the prices on the custom ones), but I think I spend most of my time in the Make a Family part of the game deleting sucky skins and hair.   I dread doing it again because I just downloaded a bunch of new stuff for the game.  :?

Thanks Smiley Maybe I should see if Homecrafter still craps out on me or if it has learned to behave. For a while almost any program crapped out on me, probably had some crappy mesh lying around.

I quickly found that skins/eyes/clothes/hair/makeup/accessories was much easier sorting using Bodyshop. It can take forever and a day to load, but for sorting that I highly recommend it.

I also recommend watching TV while doing it so as to retain your sanity.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
this might be a sign..
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 26, 13:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't do it in BS. Especially not accessories. It takes you ten pages to get to what you want, you delete it, and it takes you back to the blooming beginning again!!

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: