PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:10:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Interesting post on Sim2.com
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Interesting post on Sim2.com  (Read 18078 times)
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Interesting post on Sim2.com
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 12, 22:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry was trying to edit not quote

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 12, 22:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we could put this in signatures on all the sites and no one could ban us for it because it is based on what EA has said. Right?
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 12, 22:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherry, I thought the same too, but..The guy who had his/her post deleted, they didn't post the content at the exchange did they, they where berating someone for posting their content there.

Maybe I'm wrong, but thats the way I read it.   Joe Bloggs posts someones content at the exchange, creator finds out and berates someone on the forum for posting their content (stealing) and then creators post is deleted, not posters...

EDIT:  I get what ya mean now, ignore me

Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 12, 22:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
Intersting but, I can see people trying to twist the wording around now that I have been reading it multiple times

> after you upload it, implies to me that the creator of the item deliberately uploaded the item
> there is no copyright on this site - again sounds more specific about the exchange and not all sims .packages in general
> If you upload it, it actually doesn't belong to you but to EA and EA gives the right for users to use their things  -- again you are going to have people saying that only applies to the exchange

I it's a step in the right direction for sure, I hope they will have a make a clearer statement, as I can just see this being picked apart by creators.  :roll:

One could argue these points but, this is in repsonse to someone complaining about their meshes being uploaded to the exchange, not the fact they uploaded it themselves and then wanted it off. Combine this plain English post and combine it with what is required to be on any site
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved

I mean they are selling/giving away game content. You download game content from a site that has that posted(which is all of them) it is being done with the knowledge that the copyright belongs to EA. The site states it right there. By the way this one I got at Simsvault. I seriously dont understnad why the have been arguing at all.

A trademark, trade mark, ™ or ®[1] is a distinctive sign of some kind which is used by a business to uniquely identify itself and its products and services to consumers, and to distinguish the business and its products or services from those of other businesses. A trademark is a type of industrial property which is distinct from other forms of intellectual property.

Conventionally, a trademark comprises a name, word, phrase, logo, symbol, design, image, or a combination of these elements. There is also a range of non-conventional trademarks comprising marks which do not fall into these standard categories.

The Trademark, Name of the site and any logos are theirs, the game content is EA's

Intellectual property laws confer a bundle of exclusive rights in relation to the particular form or manner in which ideas or information are expressed or manifested, and not in relation to the ideas or concepts themselves (see idea-expression divide). It is therefore important to note that the term "intellectual property" denotes the specific legal rights which authors, inventors and other IP holders may hold and exercise, and not the intellectual work itself

They have nothing! THey just need to give it up because EA is not going to turn the rights of their game over to creators. They will shut creators down first. I mean look at the meshes they  have for future stuff packs Cheesy
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 12, 23:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"
Quote from: "Sherry"
Intersting but, I can see people trying to twist the wording around now that I have been reading it multiple times

> after you upload it, implies to me that the creator of the item deliberately uploaded the item
> there is no copyright on this site - again sounds more specific about the exchange and not all sims .packages in general
> If you upload it, it actually doesn't belong to you but to EA and EA gives the right for users to use their things  -- again you are going to have people saying that only applies to the exchange

I it's a step in the right direction for sure, I hope they will have a make a clearer statement, as I can just see this being picked apart by creators.  :roll:

One could argue these points but, this is in repsonse to someone complaining about their meshes being uploaded to the exchange, not the fact they uploaded it themselves and then wanted it off. Combine this plain English post and combine it with what is required to be on any site
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved

I mean they are selling/giving away game content. You download game content from a site that has that posted(which is all of them) it is being done with the knowledge that the copyright belongs to EA. The site states it right there. By the way this one I got at Simsvault. I seriously dont understnad why the have been arguing at all.

A trademark, trade mark, ™ or ®[1] is a distinctive sign of some kind which is used by a business to uniquely identify itself and its products and services to consumers, and to distinguish the business and its products or services from those of other businesses. A trademark is a type of industrial property which is distinct from other forms of intellectual property.

Conventionally, a trademark comprises a name, word, phrase, logo, symbol, design, image, or a combination of these elements. There is also a range of non-conventional trademarks comprising marks which do not fall into these standard categories.

The Trademark, Name of the site and any logos are theirs, the game content is EA's

Intellectual property laws confer a bundle of exclusive rights in relation to the particular form or manner in which ideas or information are expressed or manifested, and not in relation to the ideas or concepts themselves (see idea-expression divide). It is therefore important to note that the term "intellectual property" denotes the specific legal rights which authors, inventors and other IP holders may hold and exercise, and not the intellectual work itself

They have nothing! THey just need to give it up because EA is not going to turn the rights of their game over to creators. They will shut creators down first. I mean look at the meshes they  have for future stuff packs Cheesy

I agree with you Lacky, LOL I am just saying it is going to be argued.  Creators are going to dispute the loopholes of the matter (that is most likely dealing with someone who didn't want their stuff on the exchange, but it's not exactly like we saw what was up there before so we don't know) they will find some way to dispute it.  All I was trying to say is that if EA is going to allow this to go up, I am hoping that will just go all the way and say what we all already know is true: All Your Mesh Are Belong To Us

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 13, 00:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone see the original post that the simmaster was replying to? Did it mention a specific site? What did it say? Did you manage to save a copy?

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
MistyBlue
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 17, 18:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to bring up this kind of dead topic, but what would happen if someone created a big house full of all the booty and uploaded it to the exchange? Technically, once there, it all belongs to EA and everyone is allowed to do what they please with it, right?  Do you think they'd remove it if enough people complained about it?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 17, 21:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is a changeable beast, indeed....hard to say.

That would be one HUGE file though... Tongue

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Ambrosya
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 17, 23:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=f4ba0da263b74873db46d79b6ce3b33c&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.127,item.23

Was posted on the website just awhile ago.  It's not really saying much, but something has been said.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 17, 23:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That could be summarised into two words:

"Shut up."

That was the extent of the message I got from that.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 17, 23:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Shut up" with a little "No comment".

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 18, 00:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*fingers in ears*
La La La We can't hear you!  Tongue

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 18, 01:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly neutral EA...

Still, at least they're still allowing mentioning it on one's SimPage...which is something...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 18, 05:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of these threads are resulting in flaming wars, huge arguments, and debates that bring nothing good to this BBS other than hurt feelings and confused and frustrated Simmers.

:lol:
confusion....frustration....nothing new there.
And who really cares about hurt feelings.
If they would just grow a pair and take a stand on the issue already that would shut some people up quicker.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
flyonthewall
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 18, 06:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, just because they're ignoring it doesn't mean it will go away.

Although I guess taking a position on the issue would require actual effort, and how can they manage that when they're so busy churning out quality EP's and Stuff Packs?  :roll:

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy/]peggy sims 2[/url]peggy sims 2peggy sims 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: