PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:08:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Top it off with another gouge from EA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Top it off with another gouge from EA  (Read 18198 times)
Noodle
Landlubber

View Profile
Top it off with another gouge from EA
« on: 2006 November 12, 04:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a rant... :x
Thanks to the pay/donation sites, EA has discovered there are many TS2 fans willing to shell out cash for additional items. Hence, they happily obliged us with their "stuff packs".  To add insult to injury, they include *hidden* items in these stuff packs for us to find, or worse, to force those of us that do not know how to extract these items to visit fan sites, encouraging us to download Maxis made items from places other than the official website.  

I, for one, receive these stuff packs from wonderful family members who believe anything to do with TS2 would make a nice gift and, if I didn't already have it, I must want it!   :roll:

Today I notice the "Happy Holiday Stuff" is once again to come out onto the store shelves. Oh NO! I must alert all relatives this is the same pack and I do not want it under the Christmas tree! But NO! It is not the same...EA has added 20..yes, twenty new items! Do not despair if you have this pack and want to "Celebrate the Season with All-New Must-Have Holiday Items for Your Sims!" ..Introducing the brand spanking new "Happy Holiday Mini Pack"! Available only via digital download from the EA Game Store! All this for only $6.99 USD!

I have the 2005 version (Thanks Mom!) I know it cost the same as the 2006 version, so on top of all the FREE holiday items they released last Holiday Season (which is one of the reasons I never intended to buy it last year anyway) I have a reason to feel doubly cheated out of a REAL Christmas present!

:x  How do the guys at EA walk with such big balls?
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 12, 04:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no ones forcing you to buy it

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
DelMita
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 12, 04:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do the guys at EA walk with such big balls?

Slowly and bowlegged like.  Kinda a swaddle/swagger thing.
Noodle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 12, 04:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBooty"
no ones forcing you to buy it

I'm not going to buy that crap. Thank God it is only available in download so I won't have to receive it as a gift in lieu of something really useful. If I did not make it clear, let me explain a little better what I mean to say: EA's Stuff Packs perpetuates the idea that items on fan sites are worth paying for; $6.99 for 20 objects? 8 of which are clothes and the rest are decorative...where is the value?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 12, 04:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, there's no forcebuying, but...I personally buy expansion packs, and by the same token, stuff packs, cos I know people will make recolours, or find 'hidden' things, or make things from the objects in it...and expecially when it's relatives who have a vague knowlege of one's interests, and try and buy something slightly of that ilk....I first got TS1 from my grandad, who knew I liked SimCity, which turned out to be for teh win, but in general...well-meanong relatives can really fuck up sometimes..Sad

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 12, 04:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their idea is that it reaches the ones that don't download sims stuff online.

Sure it's all a big scam but who gives a shit?

Paysites or no paysites it was bound to happen sooner or later. The company is all about the bottom line.

exnemsims exnemsims
Noodle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 12, 04:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^The new mini-pack is only available as a download.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 12, 04:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever.  I just download 'em on BitTorrent anyway.

PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 12, 04:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Noodle"
^The new mini-pack is only available as a download.

I said the ones that don't download sims stuff online. Like custom content. They may still use the eadownloader for their stuff.

Anyway, that's just what EA/Maxis has said. It's not for me to justify.

Like I said, regardless of paysites it was going to happen.

exnemsims exnemsims
Lauren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 12, 04:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I'd rather give my money to EA than to paysites. I know with EA that the items are good quality, and look nice in my game.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 12, 05:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I can't stand maxis crap. I'd rather give mine to paysites if the choice was between them and EA.

exnemsims exnemsims
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 12, 05:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the whole stuff pack deal pisses me off no end.  Maxis USED to offer new stuff online for FREE all the time, but now they gouge us, following the paysite lead. And I agree: 20 NEW items is just crap.

It IS this that MaxiodTom and I got into it over (BTW, he doesn't post anymore because of it). I feel bad for him because he was doing the job EA set before him but I think he knew it was crap too. And if he didn't, then t's good he's no longer a Sims2 team member. EA needs to get in touch with it's fan base and contrary to popluar opionion i can not believe the fan base consists of mostly 13 yos or that the 13 yos are completely stupid. EA seems to believe this is true.

IMO, EA has shit all over their faithful fans. I will NEVER buy a stuff pack, ever. I doubt if I ever buy another EP! They can't make the stuff in an EP work right, I don't want it. I will NOT buy into this 'got to have every ing sim, got to have it" mentality because that perpetuates EA selling crap. If they can sell crap, then that's what they will continue to sell cuz it's cheaper to produce!

I loved Sims 1. I was so excited about Sims2 when it came out. But with each passing EP I have been more and more disappointed.

I still play my game, and I will. But I love it because of the mods and the CC. The EPs have been full of bugs and they just make me mad. Next time I pass.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 12, 05:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no plans to pay for anymore of their expansions or stuff packs myself  :twisted:

exnemsims exnemsims
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 12, 05:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "DelMita"
How do the guys at EA walk with such big balls?

Slowly and bowlegged like.  Kinda a swaddle/swagger thing.

Like cowboys? Shocked

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 12, 06:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my favorite part of the whole "download only" deal:

you're required to connect and login to the ea site in order to play your game at all

no internet connection available? too bad, you can't play the game you paid for...ea site down for a few hours? oh well guess you can't play your game, unless you want to temporarily uninstall whichever one(s) you downloaded from them

Do I need EA Link to play EA games on my PC?

Yes, you need EA Link to play PC games you have purchased via the EA Downloader or EA Link.  In addition to enabling faster downloading of EA games, pre-loading, and game patch updates, EA Link provides security for your downloadable games.  Instead of inserting a disc in the drive, you simply login to EA Link periodically to start your game.  If you are already logged in to EA Link, you won't be prompted to login before starting your game.  As an added benefit, EA Link's security enables you to install your game on up to 3 machines - so you can play at work and at home!

I'd rather be able to play whenever the hell i want than have the extra 20 "holiday" items (that are all CHRISTMAS related again anyways lol)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: