PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:06:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TS2 Enhancer 1.4
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Enhancer 1.4  (Read 58108 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #165 on: 2007 October 28, 16:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FAQ you, FAQ you, FAQ you... reading the thing will let you know when it's ok to bring back an old/dead thread. IF it's relevant, IF it adds new knowledge, and IF you're actually totally sure it's shareworthy. The reason we get so grumpy is we have many newcomers that will bring back these old threads just to say something like, "right on, dude, like, I toootally flippin agree, man!" Or they just want to bump up their post count, or they want to see an awesome bout of cat macro war. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to beat my husband for his silly assed suggestions for Playstation Portable... Guitar Hero 3, played with a ukelele. His other suggestion was Guitar Hero 4, played with a banjo, subnamed Legends of Rap. I have to use the large hammer, so this may take awhile, feel free to talk amongst yourselves... and folks wonder why I live in a constant state of insanity... Twisted Sister played on the spoons... if you want to know what hospital he'll be in so you can send flowers, I'll let you know when I finish.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #166 on: 2007 October 28, 17:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sykotickc"
It is generally unacceptable to create new threads to rehash old subjects.  But if a person revives a dead thread, that's also generally unacceptable.  It's not exactly an atmosphere that's going to encourage people to join and participate.  I lurk for the most part for that reason.  Kinda just a lil' scared of the pirates.

The rules are difficult, more difficult than other forums, but not insurmountable.  Believe it or not, we were all nervous on the first post - and anyone who isn't lurking for weeks prior and nervous on their first post SHOULD NOT POST.  One should also consider and consider again before posting a new thread too - I didn't do so for after a month here, and have probably at the very least 10 to my name - making that 1 for every 100 posts.

The waters here are arctic icy - and one should not dive in with a new thread, but dip toes gently one by one, until you can slowly ease into the water without having a heartattack or cramp.  If you dive, do not be surprised if you get a leg cramp and drown.  :wink:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #167 on: 2007 October 28, 20:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that difficult if you remember:

If a thread is old, it means we already talked about it AND buried the dead horse. It might be a topic that excites you, but you will see that the excitement for the membership pretty much died already.

That's not to say we aren't interested in NEW information - we love hearing about the latest major butthurt a paysite has gotten...or the newest fucknut nominee... or bets of all, when a paysite goes free. And you can see from the long and active threads like TSR, Peggy, and Carla Niven, that there are some topics that never die.

Remember: PMBD is primarily an activists' forum - we are here to share information and get members in the community to support FREE sites and encourage paysites to go free. We aren't a fansite (except for our undying affection for Nouk).

Does that make sense?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #168 on: 2007 October 31, 10:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

The rules are difficult, more difficult than other forums, but not insurmountable.  

I agree. And the result of NOT being tough on those few who come here and believe they should be the center of attention, or that every thought they crank out deserves it's own thread, would be annoying as hell. The phorum would quickly devolve into a BBS situation with the same basic questions being answered OVER and OVER again.

We would also be forced to deal with a multitude of off topic threads along the lines of; "I think I want to kill myself" and "Does anybody else like bacon?" I'm not making these up. I've seen them on other "nicer" forums.

All that's being asked is for members to use some common sense as well as the basic forum functions which are provided, like search and the FAQs, in order to keep this from happening. In my humble opinion, that is not asking a lot.
LuxCasta
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #169 on: 2007 October 31, 16:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
Quote from: "calalily"

The rules are difficult, more difficult than other forums, but not insurmountable.  

I agree. And the result of NOT being tough on those few who come here and believe they should be the center of attention, or that every thought they crank out deserves it's own thread, would be annoying as hell. The phorum would quickly devolve into a BBS situation with the same basic questions being answered OVER and OVER again.

We would also be forced to deal with a multitude of off topic threads along the lines of; "I think I want to kill myself" and "Does anybody else like bacon?" I'm not making these up. I've seen them on other "nicer" forums.

What were you even doing, frequently other nicer forums?

By the way, amusing and instructional post, as always Smiley

y name is Bonnie - damned me for putting LuxCasta as my username!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #170 on: 2008 March 09, 23:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for not reading the FAQ Barbanera.  Actually, thanks for not even reading this thread.  Roll Eyes

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 March 09, 23:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,1641.msg78752.html#new

FAQ you! And dammit, keirra, you beat me to it! Necromancy ring a bell???

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2008 March 12, 20:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Barbanera I think you're gonna have to go elsewhere for a crack. We do paysite CC. I don't think this qualifies. Just get Simpe, it's better anyway.

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 March 12, 20:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the fucking thread before you post in it, ok?

Does this look like a warez site to you? We have The Sims 2 CC by people who claim payments for their pixels. We don't actually have cracks to that incredibly inferior program. Most of the help given the FIRST time around was guidance as to where one might try and LOOK for it. You could have done that, but no, because you didn't bother to read it.

Read first, post later.

Now stop waking me from my nap.

Moron.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: