PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:52:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Fashion Factory??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fashion Factory??  (Read 24753 times)
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 07, 23:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a direct link to the manual, screenshots and cover of the program if anyone wants to see some what you can do with Fashion Factory.  It's something.  I'll give it that.

http://www.hmh.de/produkte/ansicht/p/Fashion_Factory/?no_cache=1
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 07, 23:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a great idea but it doesn't look like it was executed very well.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Scratch
Landlubber

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 07, 23:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately... not the same manual i got... and that one didn't tell me anymore..

I wonder if it's not working because i'm not using german on my PC...

anyways.... If i actually paid money for this, i'd be really pissed about now..

But, i still wonder how they got away with it.... it must make .package files. I wonder if it's because it's made in another country?
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 08, 05:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Scratch"
I'd send you the manual... it's a small, 280 k, pdf file... but i don't see an option to attach a file to the post's here.. do you have an addy i can send it to?

I've tried running this program a few times and like i said, the only button that works for me is the exit... and of course i have the sims2, so i don't see why it's not working.

Is this prog the source of cardrews awesomeness? Enquiring minds need to know...

You can send it to Lisas email, I'll get it there as well. If you still want I can have a look at it tomorrow  Smiley

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 08, 07:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Scratch: To make the program work you need a joystick or you can use your arrow keys to navigate around the building.  You have to find the clothing models, click and then color and texture away.

If you get yourself wedged beside a shelf just give up and restart the program.  Yes, the design is that good.
Scratch
Landlubber

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 08, 08:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG.... you're kidding.... I have to wander around a virtual world and find the models..... well that's got to be the dumbest idea for a program i've heard in a while...  :?

Do they actually expect to make money from this thing? Well, I'll give it a shot... but that sounds soooooo baaad... but thanks for the info rickets
Diala
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 08, 08:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this program attach itself to the Sims 2, or is it separate? If it doesn't bug Sims 2 in the least, I might just download it and give it a shot.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 08, 14:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i was successful at saving one piece of ugly clothing with this program, but now if i try to save any more hideous clothing it tells me this

die sims2pack datei ist erzeugt aufeinen pc mit installienten sims 2 konnen sie diese datei offnen und earhalt en dann weitere an weisungen

Can someone tell me what this means? I tried translating it with babel fish & still dont quite understand what it says. :oops:

Also does anyone know if its possible to get this program to display in english instead of german?

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 08, 15:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My take on it:

"The sims2pack file is made on a PC with Sims 2 installed you can open this file and ... then further instructions."

BabelFish translates "Sims 2" as "windshield frame section 2".

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 08, 16:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fashion Factory is a strange little program that will give you results like this:

In answer to a couple of questions FF is a stand alone program and doesn't do anything to your Sims installs.  

I can't get the save to Sims pack to work -- if you have the program it's the diskette option icon.  You can click on the joystick option and it will save your design directly to your downloads folder and for me the new design always ends up as the last option in Body Shop.

You have to navigate through a series of showrooms and find the model you want to use.  I've only found EA Games meshes in these showrooms.  There are also a series of shelves representing different items of clothing -- shirt, swimsuit, jacket, etc.--which you can use to load your own fabrics and textures from your computer into the application.  

The program is very small and takes about 20 seconds to load.   If you have no skills in making clothing this is a lot better than Body Shop in that you get instant results with very little effort.  And some of the stuff you can create is no worse than a lot of things out there.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 08, 16:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reckon Carla Niven uses this....*shifty eyes*

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 08, 17:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot to sharpen!

Inactive
Scratch
Landlubber

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 08, 18:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where's the sharpen button???

I tried it out last night, it's a really bad program... but now i'm conflicted. If we want paysites destroyed we should encourage players to try and make their own clothes, so they won't need to go to a paysite for really bad recolours on maxis meshes... but i don't think it would be a good idea for the 12 year olds to get their hands on this... MTS2 would be flooded with the crap.   :roll:

Thanks for the info on the program though... when i played with it last night i pressed the joystick button a few times and didn't know what happen.... now i'm going to search for what i did... shouldn't be to hard to find (I hope)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 08, 18:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have found the secret to success!!!  Carla Niven better look out

MWAHAHAHAHA

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 08, 18:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Scratch"
If we want paysites destroyed we should encourage players to try and make their own clothes, so they won't need to go to a paysite for really bad recolours on maxis meshes.

I agree - if recoloring and creation become commonplace, the elitism of pay objects will evaporate.

We should start a campaign to encourage EVERY sims player to do at least one recolor, if only to try it.

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: