PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:18:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  :shock: Wudja LOOK at this SITE?!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: :shock: Wudja LOOK at this SITE?!!!!  (Read 35649 times)
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
:shock: Wudja LOOK at this SITE?!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 07, 22:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nii, you speak frightening logic. I'm going to pretend you didn't. :lol:  :lol:  Cool

Put'Mo: All. Yes.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 07, 23:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Nii, you speak frightening logic. I'm going to pretend you didn't. :lol:  :lol:  Cool

Put'Mo: All. Yes.

Pft! Do not deny the fact that I am the all Smart One! Cheesy

Sad And yes it is frightening

littlegeisha
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: :shock: Wudja LOOK at this SITE?!!!!
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 15, 22:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
A) They CAN'T SPELL

Quote from: "Doursim"
as for the language thing, I think she's a non native speaker.

Obviously not, she's italian (.it domain) but Numenor, Marilou, Sims2cri  are italians and they can speak english very well (sorry if i forgot to mention someone).
This person can't spell EVEN IN ITALIAN. This is what she wrote in the news:

Nella sezione Objects un a nuova e bellissima cucina!!! Modesta a parte sintende :-)

un a = una
modesta = modestia
sintende = s'intende (this isn't a little error like the others. it means she doesn't know what is the verb she's using!).
Diana
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 16, 12:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple days ago I wrote this chick an e-mail (in Italian cause I'm Italian too), giving her a link to this thread, and basically friendly advising her to stop making a fool out of herself with her crappy site.
This is what she answered me (Translated into English by me. As littlegeisha said her grammar and logical sentences are a bit screwed up, so if this is not fully understandable, I'm not the only one to blame  :lol:):

Sent:  sabato 14 aprile 2007 14.09.35
To:  
Subject:  Cracked Sites?

You're such huge know-it-alls, you do your own site, pay for it with your own money and not your daddy's,
buy your programs, the games, and do something of your own without copying it from others and then you
come and teach us what to do.
If you're so good and smart show me how to create an object, how to do a portal, how to write in PHP (?)
how you re-design a dress (?), and above all it's too easy to criticise and then be complete inepts at everything.
The free section you talk about is empty, and as stated, it's waiting for new creators willing to publish
(NDT: that's right, she wrote "publish", like they were printing books, or something) their work, good or bad as it is,
it's the good will we reward, and we pay for the site expenses.

You do all that and then when you're done and we have viewed (your work) you'll be allowed to talk about such things,
otherwise move on, it's for the better.

It's obvious we're asking for a contribute, what do you think, all we do for you doesn't cost us a thing?
Freshen up the internet providers rules (NDT: I guess she means the prices?), and then come back when you've done that,
not just to criticise but to say something constructive.

It's too easy to mock someone who's putting all their commitment into what they're doing for other people
(NDT: Who does she think she is, Mother Theresa?).
But if you'll do better than me, I'll say you're right.
And when I say you I say you, not those who already made their ways and only after months, years of trying has
reached high levels.
We monitored the site (NDT: I guess she means her site) for months and saw dozens and dozens of people viewig it
but no one ever bothered to say thanks (NDT: Is she admitting no one ever subscribed? That's undertandable, her content is crap  :lol: )
What brazen cheek.

You be careful going to sites that crack (NDT: I have no idea what she means by saying "crack"  :roll: ) paysites, If you weren't
aware of that, you could go to jail, and so I give you a friendly advice: get out of there before word gets out (NDT: :lol: !!)
Even if you made fun of me behind my back for my scholastic English, I have the strange ability to perfectly understand it,
and this little forum page has been really educational for me: http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=192

Want to argue about how good you are? At least I don't do certain ILLEGAL things.

I'll be waiting for you on MSN Messenger, if you want to talk about it.

Bye, Marilù.
----------------------
[I have the Italian version if anyone cares about it.]

So, anyone itching to reply to this bitch?
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 16, 14:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you want to mention how a fair number of us DO own sites, and there are even *gasp* people who host other sites?  out of pocket?!  Without asking for *gasp* anything?!  

It slays me how these people start talking about how hard it is to write up a site, and to create etc etc... Like there ARE no free sites.  :roll:

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 16, 14:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The part I like the most is how she calls Diana "knows-it-all", and then clearly shows that she hasn't understood a bit.
Basically, she has no idea of what she's saying.

A funny thing would be an answer like "ok, so, as YOU know exactly what is legal and what is not, then you'll have no problem at all if we report your site activity to italian Guardia di Finanza, for copyright piracy."

Let's do?

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 16, 18:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Is she aware that there are creators on this site?! Whom run their site not on 'daddy's money'?.....DourSims, Nouk.  :roll:

I am tempted to right an angry email in reply to her in Welsh  Cheesy Would be great as I only know offensive words...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 16, 19:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shakes head and picks up axe*

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 16, 21:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Priceless stupidity. Gosh.  :roll:
I'd love to smash her head on my desk.  :lol:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 16, 21:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how she says "Get out of there before word gets out" like its such a ZOMBob Secret!!!! I wonder if she has been downloading from the booty yet?

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 16, 22:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I should get the brunt of this attack because I opened the thread?
Not a problem. I'll do my best to explain to her. I'm not sorry if I offend her: A) she was soooo rude! B) I'm sick and C) I'm past caring about people's feelings.
("Ne" would be translated as whatever "yeah" or "alright" is, ne? I'm just a Japanese weeaboo. I use random Japanese words all the time...)
And everyone, feel free to add anything to the letter. I just needed to do this, it's probably not perfect and I probably didn't answer every one of her "queries" and so it can still be adjusted.
Nii: I wonder if she has yet, yeah...someone point her there so we can laugh at her? ^^^ :lol:  :lol:  Cool

---

Dear "Bunny",

Hi, I'm Saffy. I'm the girl who first opened the thread about you. I want to reply to your email with some opinions of mine, and some others on PMBD.

Okay, firstly you didn't have to be so ridiculously RUDE. We are not "know-it-alls"; I think that is a stupid way of naming people who know exactly what they are talking about.

And I don't think you understand this site. We are not "cracking" the paysites. We paid for this with our own money, not that we should have. It's illegal to sell somebody else's content as your own, and even if you paysite owners believe you created it yourselves, spending all your time, it was still using Maxis/EA gamework necessities; even if you pretend you didn't have to use a program to turn it into a Sims file, it still uses TS2 to make it work. I don't even need to throw the EA TOS (and the EULA) at you to make sense, understand? It's illegal, flat out. And we are not stealing content, we're rehosting it, so it's more accessible. We give full credit, with homepage links, to every site which has goods hosted in the booty.

Then you tried to make off with this preposterous idea that we know nothing about creating. Let's take me for an example. I don't create anything other than models (though my cohost, Mukstah, does), sure, so we're not using Dour, Nouk, Sherrie and othersuch people as examples; they own their own free sites and do perfectly well out of it. You obviously haven't heard of them? But back to me, I have created a perfectly good scheme for what I do. I have a free website hosted on a free service provider, okay? There's plenty of these. You could get a geocities or a freewebs, or a .tk website. I use moonfruit. Now I know there is nothing on my site at the moment, because I have bad time management and have a shitty graphics card, so I had my friend take photos for me, but her PC just went on a blitz and wiped itself; no more photos for Saffy. But that's alright; it's no excuse and I understand that. I'll find some way of doing it myself. But where I'm really going with this, is that maybe it's tricky to host files on your website--this can use up bandwidth, send traffic to your site and make what could be a free business quite costly. However, I've come up with a solution to this. Yahoo briefcase links. Simple, ne? It doesn't cost a penny to get a yahoo account, and it's permanent. It may be really irritating to download something from another website, but there are some things that are necessary. I'll even provide direct links to the download, if it helps, so nobody has to fish around. Still, if my files look good, people will get them. It's up to them really. This will solve any problems I may have with too much traffic and not enough bandwidth. You could do this easily; get a free site and host your files somewhere else. You could even do somewhere like RogePost, which stores your files; simple and free.

Your next comment was about prices. I've already sort-of covered this, but there are so many people on here whose sites cost a lot to maintain. But do they charge for content for a game we've already shelled out £20+ (and that's just if you have the base game) for? No, they don't. Some accept donations, but they don't hold content hostage. It's not acceptable. Another thought, we are the only (known) gaming community that has a paysite community within it charging for files. Why do none of these other communities charge for gaming content? Surely the Sims community is not the only one shelling out for websites which have bandwidth issues? Why is it we are the odd ones out?

And finally, I think I did argue about how good I am. And I've not done anything illegal. You, my dear Bunny, have broken the EA TOS, and you're selling content which rightfully belongs to EA/Maxis. I think you'll find that you have been doing something illicit. You are more likely to be the one going to prison. Much more likely than I am, at least!

After all, are we not obliged to post the EA non-endorsed disclaimer on each of our websites, stating we are doing this for fan purposes only? Even breaching your disclaimer is an offence, maybe not a chargeable one, but still an offence.

Please think about it, Bunny, and take off the pay button. You'll get a lot more traffic, and even some grateful people, if everybody can afford what you've posted--you are forgetting that many in the community are children. Can they afford your pretty pixel dolly stuff? I don't think they can. And for those of the community who can afford it, well, sometimes they'd rather use their hard-earned cash on a real-life business, rather than a dubious internet site charging them for gaming content which can be gained free from other internet sites.

Thank you for hearing me out, at least, and I hope you pay this some mind,

Sapphire, on behalf of PMBD

PS: I fail to see why your charging for Maxis recolours is necessary. You haven't even disguised them as anything but content that came with the game prettied up. That's despicable. If I was to say the most illegal thing about this site, despite the fact that the ENTIRE thing is illegal, it would be this blatant "trade" using somebody else's hard work as the base for your gains!

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 16, 22:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your English might be a tad advanced for her. Maybe instead of saying e.g.

It's illegal to sell somebody else's content as your own, and even if you paysite owners believe you created it yourselves, spending all your time, it was still using Maxis/EA gamework necessities; even if you pretend you didn't have to use a program to turn it into a Sims file, it still uses TS2 to make it work.

You could say... All your base are belong to EA.  :lol:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 16, 23:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MK: Psst!!! I did that on purpose!! Shhh!!!

And it doesn't sound nearly so sophisticated if I say that!

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 16, 23:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just thinking that she may not know the acronyms TOS and EULA either.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 16, 23:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: