PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:42:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Rose Sims and Paypal
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rose Sims and Paypal  (Read 50065 times)
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #90 on: 2006 November 12, 02:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seller Tools - Website Payments

How do I edit my shipping address options?

When creating your PayPal payment buttons, you can choose one of the following shipping address options:

* Make shipping optional <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
    * No shipping needed <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">
    * Yes, require shipping <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2">

To edit your PayPal payment button, retrieve the HTML that you cut and pasted onto your website. In the HTML code, find the variable <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2">. Replace it with one of the following:

* <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
    * <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">

from paypal's help center. I can't read chinese to check if it's the same internationally, though I know enough spanish to find the spanish version"

Herramientas de vendedor - Pagos en el sitio Web

¿Cómo puedo editar las opciones de mi dirección de envío?

Al crear los botones de pago con PayPal, puede seleccionar una de las siguientes opciones de dirección de envío:

* Hacer opcional el envío <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
    * No se requiere envío <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">
    * Si, exigir envío <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2">

Para editar el botón de pago de PayPal, recupere el código HTML que había copiado y pegado en el sitio Web. En el código HTML, busque la variable <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2">. Sustitúyala por una de las siguientes:

* <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
    * <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">

which implies that internationally it's the same
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #91 on: 2006 November 12, 02:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
That disgusts me. And if, indeed, the lovely Lyric is involved, and has in some way convinced Rose to do this by being some kind of cricket on her shoulder (not like I'm saying she twisted Rose's arm, but you know what I mean, like, convinced her it was the right thing to do), then I'm absolutely sickened by LyricLee, as much as anything.

I've donated to rose before this place existed and it's always been that way

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
ladyj
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #92 on: 2006 November 12, 02:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has always been that way, but what I'm trying to point out is that Rose has everyone's  personal address and personal e-mail address on file who has donated to her.  Who's to say that she haven't given out everyone's info that she has?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #93 on: 2006 November 12, 03:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBooty"
Quote from: "jesserocket"
That disgusts me. And if, indeed, the lovely Lyric is involved, and has in some way convinced Rose to do this by being some kind of cricket on her shoulder (not like I'm saying she twisted Rose's arm, but you know what I mean, like, convinced her it was the right thing to do), then I'm absolutely sickened by LyricLee, as much as anything.

I've donated to rose before this place existed and it's always been that way

Either way, it's either ignorance, intent or cohesion (sp? I've never seen it written), none of which are good things, at all.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #94 on: 2006 November 12, 03:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yami thanks for the info.... Someone mentioned to me last night that it was optional and I hadn't had a chance to look yet to make the change.
silverfish
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #95 on: 2006 November 12, 04:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in no way saying that Rose is f*ing up and violating the TOS - but I'm thinking because they are non-US members, has something to do with the way the sub page is set up.  

I know that when I set up my account to accept payments, there was no option to make it require a shipping address or not.  I don't think this is something that Rose did when setting up her Paypal account.  You may be giving her way to much credit -

I think it is just something with Paypal that she is now choosing to exploit.
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #96 on: 2006 November 12, 05:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #97 on: 2006 November 12, 05:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silverfish"
I'm in no way saying that Rose is f*ing up and violating the TOS - but I'm thinking because they are non-US members, has something to do with the way the sub page is set up.  

I know that when I set up my account to accept payments, there was no option to make it require a shipping address or not.  I don't think this is something that Rose did when setting up her Paypal account.  You may be giving her way to much credit -

I think it is just something with Paypal that she is now choosing to exploit.

See my post above. That's how you set the option to require a shipping address or not.  I had to search a little, though, so maybe she doesn't know how, that one I'll believe.
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #98 on: 2006 November 12, 05:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think EA will ever get involved, and in the end, Rose's actions arent' about them.  Truthfully, it is within her power to decide who can buy her stuff from her (I think).  However, having accepted the terms of Paypal's TOS, she does not have the right to distribute her customer's personal information.  This is why this is going to be a Paypal issue.  These security breaches happend through their system.

Still, I'm not sure why they(EA) don't make a statement.  I guess they fear that people will stop making custom content and get bored with the game.  That is stupid - here is why:

1.  If anything, that's where they can step in with those stuff packs and make more money for themselves.  

2. For every creator who threatens to take their toys and go home (can we make tihs an official slogan?), there are 3 who make better quality things for free.  It's like cutting off the tail of a lizard (no, not that lizard).  

3.  Drama queens thrive on drama.  And the more dramatic the tantrum the former creator throws upon their exit, the shorter the time they actually stick by their words.  So whenever a creator claims to be quitting, I say, wait a week.

4. Drama queens also need constant ego stroking.  That is why they have to announce that they will show off what they've created, but won't share it for download.  But people tire of this quickly, and the creator has to get back in the game by giving their stuff to people to amp up the dwindling praise.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #99 on: 2006 November 12, 06:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it is entirely optional...
Sign into paypal account, go to merchant services, make your choice of "donations" or "subscriptions" or whatever...under "more options" or "extended options" (it's the place where you get the button html code stuff)

(click it)
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #100 on: 2006 November 12, 07:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sintrinity"
I don't see how EA can NOT make a statement

EA has always made the statement that they own everything sims related - and yet hold no responsibility for it either.  That even goes for the original ingame stuff,  It's part of the EULA.

Now they will take care of the ingame stuff, because it's bad business not to.  I doubt though that they will concern themselves with any CC site.  They have always in the past neglected all of this, and if their record of of over 5 years of crao like this happening has proved this.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #101 on: 2006 November 12, 09:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"

EA has always made the statement that they own everything sims related - and yet hold no responsibility for it either.  That even goes for the original ingame stuff,  It's part of the EULA.

Now they will take care of the ingame stuff, because it's bad business not to.  I doubt though that they will concern themselves with any CC site.  They have always in the past neglected all of this, and if their record of of over 5 years of crao like this happening has proved this.

I think EA is only interested in doing what is cheapest for them.  If it costs them money in legal fees to go after anyone, they won't bother.  And I think that's really what it boils down to.  They've been very cheap with the game itself.  Stingy with giving any freebie official items, not bothering to pay anyone to hack them up, so they are usually decorative eye candy.  The quality of the packs is a big reflection of this.  They couldn't even be bothered to make a whole new Xmas pack, they had to only do a small addon.
albo
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #102 on: 2006 November 12, 12:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silverfish"
I wonder if that has anything to do with her being a "non-verified" member.  Which means that her information has not been certified through a bank account.

It's very hard to be verified if you're outside the big paypal countries (US, canada, UK, Australia and a few others.)
That has nothing to do with it.  She just hasn't taken the time to read up and configure her account correctly.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #103 on: 2006 November 13, 00:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

also a bank account doesn't verify you - im unverified because i don't have a credit card to add to my paypal account, but my bank account is connected.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #104 on: 2006 November 13, 00:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBooty"
also a bank account doesn't verify you - im unverified because i don't have a credit card to add to my paypal account, but my bank account is connected.

Do the requirements for verification vary from country to country? I don't have a credit card, I'm verified, with just my bank account. I think.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: