PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:36:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Rose Sims and Paypal
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rose Sims and Paypal  (Read 49659 times)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #75 on: 2006 November 12, 00:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone thinks they're in the right. Very few people admit to being wrong, they're unusually good people. I think we, here, are in the right, and that they, them, are in the wrong, but sometimes, just sometimes, I read the counter-argument, and think hell, maybe you have something. I don't have all the answers. But between us all, we do, between all of us, we can answer any shit they fling at us.

Unfortunately, it works both ways. When I first read what was going on here, I was sold, instantly. For other people, when they read here, or hear about what's going on here, they're repulsed, and think it's terrible. We here, do what a lot of other people think is bad, and believe that we're doing it for the right reasons. They too, are doing what a lot of people think is bad, but they believe are doing for the right reasons...There's a balance there. Basically, the point in my ramblings is this:

The only way they'll see that they are wrong, is if they get into trouble for it. Not through trashtalking and getting upset by what is said, but by actual, material consequences. It's a case of how firmly you believe in it. Make no mistake: this is war.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #76 on: 2006 November 12, 00:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, they dont think they are right either. If they thought for a moment they had a legal right to sell the content the words donation and bandwidth would never even be mentioned. They would all be replaced with the word purchase and business. It would be retailer and customer. There is one site owner that if you say, "I want to buy this set from you" he will respond that he has no sims files for sale and that they are only gifts you receive for donating. There are no purchase buttons out there. They are donator buttons.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #77 on: 2006 November 12, 01:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fat_n_ugly"
what am uncofortable with is the sharing of information....i mean do you think they will stop or just keep on doing it thinking they are in their right?

They are not definately not in the right, but that will not make them stop.  Those of us who have dealt with this in TS1 will tell you that, so long as they feel there is a major threat, they will do this.  They may keep it more secreative, more exclusive, maybe be harder for us to find evidence that it is happening, but it will continue to happen.  Year after all the crap at SFV we found reminants of sites used for this purpose, one run by Bella (As the worm turns) and the BlackBook site which CC put together in which a numner of site owners used.

Best we can do is protect ourselves by knowing whats out there, and doing what we can with the information and the evidence we have,  like trying to get paypal pulled from Rose.

Edit: In summation we aren't going to stop them, but let's not let them stop us either!  I am in for a bloody fight!

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #78 on: 2006 November 12, 01:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"
Actually, they dont think they are right either. If they thought for a moment they had a legal right to sell the content the words donation and bandwidth would never even be mentioned. They would all be replaced with the word purchase and business. It would be retailer and customer. There is one site owner that if you say, "I want to buy this set from you" he will respond that he has no sims files for sale and that they are only gifts you receive for donating. There are no purchase buttons out there. They are donator buttons.

most of them probably think it's tradition or something like that *shrugs*
andygal
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #79 on: 2006 November 12, 01:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how dare Rose think she has the right to do this?

She has now added violating the paypal TOS to violating EA's EULA.

Damn these paysite owners are on a roll, who's TOS do you think they will violate next week?

I hope she gets her paypal account blown up. I hope all the people who's info she stole get their money back.

And calling people "theif" is just bullshit. It's not stealing if it doesn't deprive other people of the right to use whatever it is you are talking about.

Also it belongs to EA in the first place, and by selling stuff that belongs to somebody else you are being more of a "theif" then the people that fileshare.

Sure if they made a nice looking custom hair they should get credit for it, but they shouldn't be selling it.

Anyway that's my rant on the issue. It's not very good, My brain is a bit fogged today.

am the original Deformed Freak. Accept no imitations!
ladyj
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #80 on: 2006 November 12, 01:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to point out something with Rose.  I posted it at SFV but I think you all need to see it too

Rose Donation Screen:

Sim Chic Donation Screen:

Notice that Sim Chic has an option for turning off your address while Rose don't.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #81 on: 2006 November 12, 01:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooooly shit this has gotten intense.  :shock:
silverfish
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #82 on: 2006 November 12, 01:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if that has anything to do with her being a "non-verified" member.  Which means that her information has not been certified through a bank account.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #83 on: 2006 November 12, 01:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"

I'm slightly drunk, and open to interpreting the feelings of the world...Wink

LadyJ, Fuck and wow. On the surface of things, Rose's interface there could be claimed as just plain ignorance on the part of Rose, I dunno, I've never set up a paypal recieving thingy...but...in light of what Rose has been doing. Dude, that's not good. Not good at all...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #84 on: 2006 November 12, 01:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most outrageous thing about that screenshot is the 2.50 USD! :lol:
silverfish
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #85 on: 2006 November 12, 01:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it for ebay, and when I set up the account, there was no way to actually set it up so that it gave a choice if someone wanted to give their shipping info or not.  Though that was to receive payment for good that would have to be shipped.  But, somehow I doubt that the system is set up much differently.  Since you can paypal to receive money for multiple purposes.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #86 on: 2006 November 12, 01:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silverfish"
I wonder if that has anything to do with her being a "non-verified" member.  Which means that her information has not been certified through a bank account.

screenshot says Non-US verified. Meaning in another country but verified.

She's in china ,right? do they have laws about that sort of thing?
ladyj
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #87 on: 2006 November 12, 01:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silverfish"

Peggy is verified, but she does the same thing:

Even if it has something to do with their country, I think that there is an option on Paypal that you can say that collecting the address is not needed because it is a digital download or something like that
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #88 on: 2006 November 12, 01:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paypal's TOS are international.  Meaning, she's been fucking up regardless of where she lives, and she damn well knows it which is why she's denying it so bloody hard.

And I had both of those subs LadyJ, so I know exactly what you're talking about.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #89 on: 2006 November 12, 02:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That disgusts me. And if, indeed, the lovely Lyric is involved, and has in some way convinced Rose to do this by being some kind of cricket on her shoulder (not like I'm saying she twisted Rose's arm, but you know what I mean, like, convinced her it was the right thing to do), then I'm absolutely sickened by LyricLee, as much as anything.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: