PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:11:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Rose Sims and Paypal
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rose Sims and Paypal  (Read 50181 times)
photo
ARR!

Ish a vampeah

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 11, 18:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wtf does the word Canard mean? is that some kind of Chinese cuss word or something?

Is a female
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 11, 18:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I iterate that only the three people who redistributed our donation files(we have enough proof and even one of them has been confessed she did) had been banned from our sites, if you do not one of them,you needn't worry about anything at all! If you are asking us protect a thief,I can't say anything with you!

Wrong, wrong, wrong!  Banning I can understand, and I can say that having been banned before.  Sharing personal information about a persons real name and address is completely different!  It is illegal and I am sure that non-filesharers will find more sympathy in that then they will in people sharing her files!

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 11, 18:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm far more worried about PayPal's part in this.  I had no idea they pass on stuff like my real name and contact details to people I buy stuff from.  What's with that?  Rather defeats the object.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 11, 18:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shelikescake"
wtf does the word Canard mean? is that some kind of Chinese cuss word or something?

I can assure you it's not.

From Merriam-Webster Online:

Main Entry: caˇnard
Pronunciation: k&-'närd also -'när
Function: noun
Etymology: French, literally, duck; in sense 1, from Middle French vendre des canards ā moitié to cheat, literally, to half-sell ducks
1 a : a false or unfounded report or story; especially : a fabricated report b : a groundless rumor or belief
2 : an airplane with horizontal stabilizing and control surfaces in front of supporting surfaces; also : a small airfoil in front of the wing of an aircraft that increases the aircraft's stability    
photo
ARR!

Ish a vampeah

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 11, 18:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i knew it meant duck (in fact thats what i thought she was calling them at first) but i've never heard the other before! lol thanks

Is a female
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 11, 18:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, when I read it, I always had a picture of a duck.

We're learning new words, how awesome is that?
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 11, 18:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shelikescake"
i knew it meant duck (in fact thats what i thought she was calling them at first) but i've never heard the other before! lol thanks

Hey, she very well may be trying to call us ducks. Except she missed completely. Wouldn't be the first time Tongue
Moose
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 11, 19:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She appears to be deleting all accusations.
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 11, 19:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Moose"
She appears to be deleting all accusations.

Yes, she has spent a lot of time deleting. She got tired and removed the guest book.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 11, 19:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Quote from: "sickpuppy"
We have know way of knowing if the BlueSoup on this site is the same as the Blue on the others sites. Let them PROVE their allegations.

Huh?  I am the same BlueSoup on all sites. Wink

You are not! I know better. Wink
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 11, 19:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
I'm far more worried about PayPal's part in this.  I had no idea they pass on stuff like my real name and contact details to people I buy stuff from.  What's with that?  Rather defeats the object.

Paypal if I am not mistaken orginally grew out of Ebay, so the sending of merchaindise to addresses was extremely common in it's infancy.  Paypal is everywhere now, alot of places that need to ship you something will use that option on paypal for your address.  It's probably just something that is hard for paypal to control, as it would cost them too much time and money to look into if everyone who requested address information actually needed it for what they are selling.

I think though they should make it an available option for the buyer to not expose such personal information if it is not necessary in the transaction.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 11, 19:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"

I think though they should make it an available option for the buyer to not expose such personal information if it is not necessary in the transaction.

I completely agree with that.  There is no reason for any Sims transactions to require mailing addresses.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 11, 19:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Quote from: "Sherry"

I completely agree with that.  There is no reason for any Sims transactions to require mailing addresses.

It's why my sims paypal account is a complete fabrication of the truth.  If they are not going to take responsibility in protecting my identity I am not going to give them real information about who I am.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 11, 20:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well mine is now Tongue
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Rose Sims and Paypal
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 11, 21:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the way that when she's arguing, she uses all these baffling synonyms, like Canard, and has quite good English, but when she's doing the fluffy 'they're lying to ruin my reputation' thing, she goes into this 'I'm foreign, my English not so good, pity me' type of speak.

I think it's dreadful, founded in her mind or not, that she's sharing details of people she SUSPECTED to be sharing files. Let alone the fact that it's really not her place to do that sort of thing anyway, but just people who she suspects might be. I don't like that, not at all, and the fact that she lied about the reason for her bizarre new donation policy, too.

*sigh*

I have a horrible feeling though, that if RoseSims is destroyed, there'll be a bigger backlash than there was for Retailsims...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: