PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 13:35:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Universal Sims...
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Universal Sims...  (Read 80024 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #90 on: 2007 March 29, 21:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

12. There's no 16. And falling apart? This is business as usual.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Fresh-Prince
Landlubber

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #91 on: 2007 March 29, 21:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this business is more like a war. Someone is going to lose and someone will win. I just wonder who will win and who will lose.  Just my opinion.
Fresh-Prince
Landlubber

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #92 on: 2007 March 29, 21:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never knew it was like that since sims 1. I haven't been in the community for so long, so I guess I haven't been realizing what really goes on.

I guess a lot of bad things have happened in the past.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #93 on: 2007 March 29, 21:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is not everyone is honest. If you build things by scamming others, it will colapse eventually. This isn't a war so much, but it is a scandal.

It is still possible that there is a logical explanation for all of this, but I'm not really hopeful of that.
chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #94 on: 2007 March 29, 22:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's discouraging, Fresh Prince.

We have seen people run big donation drives and then disappear, people claiming to have debilitating diseases and needing money - heck, we even had a site owner whose husband announced her "death". These last two schmucks were professional actors who also ran a "charity"; that's how their scam was uncovered. :roll:

In this case, it does feel a little apocalyptic, because a very visible and long-standing community member may be at the center of this.

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #95 on: 2007 March 30, 01:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "chlyn"
In this case, it does feel a little apocalyptic, because a very visible and long-standing community member may be at the center of this.

You see it that way, perhaps. I see it as business as usual. Like I said, this isn't the first time Delphy has done something like this, and the fact that Universal Sims has the option of simply running for the hills combined with Delphy's grip on the MTS2 itself will keep him from catching too much flak.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #96 on: 2007 March 30, 04:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this Nathan of Universal Sims is under 18 and his parents did not sign anything...under the law isnt a child (under eighteen) legally incapable of entering into a binding legal contract without parental approval?

Then Delphy hasnt a leg to stand on if Nathan tells him bite the big one
 :twisted:
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #97 on: 2007 March 30, 07:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have decided Nathan is probably in on it to some extent.  He doesn't seem horrified enough by the trouble he's in, and he's more concerned about keeping the site up and in its current hosting agreement than getting out of trouble and avoiding similar future problems.  As I said elsewhere:

I am afraid that some of Nathan's reactions to this have me feeling he isn't entirely an innocent and ignorant party to this. Surely an innocent teen in this horrendous predicament would be wanting it to all go away, not just saying "I don't want to lose my site".

After all, why would someone want to continue having a hosting account that RIGHT NOW could have an undetectable runaway process creating a bill of $2000 for NEXT MONTH too? If the logs autowipe, and it doesn't show up in their stats, how do they know it's not STILL HAPPENING or could HAPPEN AGAIN?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #98 on: 2007 March 30, 07:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does seem rather strange that he's not running in terror and has not responded in any meaningful way, yes.

chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #99 on: 2007 March 30, 18:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking the same thing. It's hard to imagine a kid, and a supposedly scared one at that, coming up with the idea - and the e-mail addresses - to contact thousands of people and ask for money.

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #100 on: 2007 March 30, 22:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. I didn't know anything about Delphy's past similar movements, and I had a general, if sort of distracted, opinion he was a good guy. Now, not so much anymore, not at all. I can't say I'm surprised about the way things seem to be developing though. Guess I'm jaded.

And, twistedly, sort of amused at all this. What an entertaining community indeed :mrgreen:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Universal Sims...
« Reply #101 on: 2007 March 31, 07:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
I have decided Nathan is probably in on it to some extent.  He doesn't seem horrified enough by the trouble he's in, and he's more concerned about keeping the site up and in its current hosting agreement than getting out of trouble and avoiding similar future problems.  

It could be that he doesn't know what to do.  Perhasp he is afriad his parents will find out, he'll be hit with a lawsuit ect.   Also, he has a hard choice, if he just leaves and stiffs Delphy with a huge bill that allegedly he caused it certainly isen't going to look good on his part.  Lastly, it's alot to swallow that someone you look up to and thought was helping you out, acting like a mentor, could possibly be trying to take advantage of the fact you are naive.

What confuses me even more about this whole situation is why Delphy after making this whole... declaration or whatever he called that free site rant he went on about and advertised all over his site... would choose to host a site that he knew would be pay?  Further, it makes me wonder what he was charging the kid to begin with?

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #102 on: 2007 March 31, 08:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh lol Delphy's not truly anti-paysite.  If he was he wouldn't allow recolours of pay meshes on MTS2.  I mean heck they have rules and rejections a-plenty for the user uploads, they could easily add that without detriment to the site.   But that apparent stance he took probably did amazing things for the donations.

On the fed, MTS2 is actually a class C paysite, under the clause that they have content that requires you to part with money before you can use it.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #103 on: 2007 March 31, 09:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I hate about FFFS, it feels like a site is worth less than another site. I'm not joining.

Inactive
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #104 on: 2007 March 31, 10:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk, what does "joining" mean to you?  It's ages since we had such a concept as a federation member.  We have forum members that's all, and they're not necessarily site owners.  You already registered, deleted your account, and then reregistered of your own free will, so you've joined!  (where is the confused emoticon?)

As a separate matter, your site is in our directory of free sites.  That's a passive thing, a site does not need its owner to be a forum member in order to be listed.  Like most sites that maintain lists of other sites or finds, we decide what we list.

Now as to whether a site with pay content or content that requires pay content in order to make it work is worth less than another site?  Too damn right it is!  That's what we believe anyway.  If you want to prop up pay sites by making them feel of equal worth to free sites, go right ahead.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: