PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:42:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Universal Sims...
0 Members and 17 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Universal Sims...  (Read 79587 times)
GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 29, 12:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
Seems a shame to divert the thread from what could end up being the hugest scandal in Sims2dom.
Agree Inge. Back to the matter at hand... Has anyone seen any response from Delphy to all this? It seems like, right now he's the only one that can straighten out the questionmarks we have.

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 29, 12:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Delphy confirmed yesterday that he is indeed asking Universal Sims for that amount.  The guy from Universal Sims claims he had no idea those expenses were being run up and usage never showed on their Cpanel stats.  Delphy agrees, and says it was a process running that would not have shown up.

There is no evidence therefore that it *was* a process belonging to Universal Sims that caused the traffic to or from that server.   Delphy was the admin for that server and if he couldn't see anything wrong how could Universal be expected to.

I do smell a certain scamminess to the situation but it is beginning to look less and less likely that the smell is coming from Universal themselves.

I mean I only heard Delphy's response from Helena, but I am assume that is the same story he'd tell anyone

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 29, 13:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Delphy confirmed yesterday that he is indeed asking Universal Sims for that amount.  The guy from Universal Sims claims he had no idea those expenses were being run up and usage never showed on their Cpanel stats.  Delphy agrees, and says it was a process running that would not have shown up.

If it didn't show up on Cpanel, it's bogus. Pure and simple. There are no "processes" that can be running to chew up *4.7 TB* of extra bandwidth, and certainly no processes that belong to Universal Sims, as the site lacks any such code or necessity for such code. It does not exist. He is obviously attempting to pull the wool over a hapless and ignorant luser. Perhaps some MTS2-asset got linked to that server and promptly proceeded to suck down bandwidth in the way MTS2 does. Even if this were the case, demanding *2000* for what looks like a month's worth of billing is outrageous!

There is no evidence therefore that it *was* a process belonging to Universal Sims that caused the traffic to or from that server.   Delphy was the admin for that server and if he couldn't see anything wrong how could Universal be expected to.

Of course not. Universal Sims wouldn't have any processes. Any traffic generated could easily be accounted for in the logs. This is clearly an attempt to exploit someone's general lack of knowledge about websites and Unix servers in general.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #63 on: 2007 March 29, 13:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the very least it's a mis-selling, as Delphy must have known the Universal guys would not be in a position to control their own bandwidth without some overseeing from the host and some way of logging it - and almost certainly aware they would not be able to cope with a contract that simply allows costs to mount up without warning.   At the very least.  On the other end of the spectrum something even nastier is happening.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #64 on: 2007 March 29, 13:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you should invite the Universal Sims dude to join this conversation, since it seems that there's little else to be said without some more input from either Delphy or Universal Sims Dude. Because if this gabble is going to be carried on entirely at N99, I see little point in continuing this here as a game of telephone.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #65 on: 2007 March 29, 13:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Delphy visits here doesn't he?  I want some technical explanation about this mystery process.

GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #66 on: 2007 March 29, 13:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
I think you should invite the Universal Sims dude to join this conversation, since it seems that there's little else to be said without some more input from either Delphy or Universal Sims Dude.  
I showed him the way here yesterday after a request from him in a private PM. He has not replyed to that PM, so I don't know if he has registred here or not.

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
Universal Sims...
« Reply #67 on: 2007 March 29, 14:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I showed him the way here yesterday after a request from him in a private PM. He has not replyed to that PM, so I don't know if he has registred here or not.

yes he has, I saw him on here in the early hours of this morning (uk time)

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #68 on: 2007 March 29, 14:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's probably up to his waist in booty by now, having forgotten all about why he came here.

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
Universal Sims...
« Reply #69 on: 2007 March 29, 14:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's probably up to his waist in booty by now, having forgotten all about why he came here.

...That's a point

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #70 on: 2007 March 29, 14:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I think he's very confused right now. I believe he's very young. At least I got that impression from the posts he made. And he also seems to consider Delphy a friend and mentor. Now, he is perhaps slowly starting to realise, that Delphy isn't all that much of a friend, and I can only imagine the sadness, confusion, and feeling to be way in over his head, that he's experiencing right now.

Just assumptions on my part of course, but that's how I've 'read' him. *shrug*

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #71 on: 2007 March 29, 14:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can still remember being young and afraid of my parents yelling at me that it didn't occurr to me that after finishing yelling they'd be wanting to support and help me.   I bet he's frantically trying to raise the money cos he's afraid that otherwise Delphy will tell his parents.

But if Nathan is young and even if he's not so young, it sounds like he could really do with a trusted person he knows to help him through this.  What's a bit of yelling when there's £2000 and your reputation at stake?

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #72 on: 2007 March 29, 17:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if the logs do auto-wipe, all I can say is "How Very Convenient" for the person who set them up to do so.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #73 on: 2007 March 29, 17:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can understand why Nathan isn't talking much. So far there are benign explanations for his/her behavior. Of course it's possible that he is not being honest, can't be sure.

It's hard to come up with benign explanations for Delphy's behavior though. He certainly can't plead inexperience. Surely he knows by now some serious questions about his behavior have been raised. He'd better figure out how he's going to deal with it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #74 on: 2007 March 29, 17:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They could be in it together. What is looking less likely now is that this is a standalone Nathan scam, given that Delphy corroborated the bill.

Erm... omg - any chance Nathan isn't even a standalone person?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: